Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curious, was this the 1st player to be ever chucked away by pop that quickly? i don't recall anyone else being in the doghouse that early into the season and get thrown out that early. really curious what actually happened... did he skip practices or something? weird...
    Probably asked why the Forbes is starting.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he does not jel with pop with basketball
    He can talk other things
    The point is pop is paid to get him to gel with him
    Lma wanted out after a year
    Pop is not a good coach
    He is a very old bitter sex starved old man
    Well he doesn't pee on young girls, so there's that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm imagining a SJax type fiasco, with DC actually handling like an adult. Nothing else makes much sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably the apoptosis of the Spurs. Kawhi leaving was just the team dealing with being a small market in the modern era. This failure by both RC and and Pop is just scary. It's like getting a call that your elderly parent took the wrong bus on the way home and was found wandering confused two states away. Just bonkers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont even know what this ing team is doing these days honestly.

Its like the Spurs have morphed into the Kings overnight in sheer terms of idiotic moves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if we see a Bellini buyout soon too

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp, continuation of a F'd up summer. Spurs accomplished nothing in FA and gave away an asset....
    He is no asset. Worthless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs biggest offseason move last summer turned out to be bringing back a broken Rudy Gay.

What are the chances they will waive him before next season and absorb his salary like they had to do with Pau and Carroll?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was just a disaster of an off season, why no one has been fired is shocking.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was just a disaster of an off season, why no one has been fired is shocking.
    Who would get fired?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact the he never got a shot because Pop gonna Pop is just embarrassing and inexcusable.

What an ass Pop is. Animal Farm at its finest. Telling everyone to “Get over yourself” while being full of yourself the entire time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been building up for a while now the edgelords were scoffed at for disagreeing with every pop and front office move since after Aldridge was signed. Now the chickens have come home to roost, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA is already tough to convince quality players to sign here, even more so with Pop and his dictator coaching style. Get ready to see a lot of offseason signings like the Pondexter/Cunningham types as the Spurs biggest moves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been building up for a while now the edgelords were scoffed at for disagreeing with every pop and front office move since after Aldridge was signed. Now the chickens have come home to roost, tbh.
    Yeah now it’s just, “hey something is going on with the team and PATFO.”

Oh NOW? Really? You think so?

It’s been going on for awhile if you would’ve just taken off the homer glasses.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would get fired?
    Probably every other GM in the league if they had a complete collapse of an off season like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also interested to see who gets brought in. Eubanks getting signed to a multi-year deal with part of the MLE could be in play. Honestly, Metu shouldn't really see the court until he becomes a better player, and Eubanks would probably agree to a long-term contract paying him peanuts using part of the MLE. Hopefully Beli goes as well and gives the Spurs another spot, but I guess getting back a two-way spot could let the Spurs grab a prospect for the summer league. Dunno how many good unattached d-leaguers there are this year. But the team should be taking fliers, especially at the forward spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont even know what this ing team is doing these days honestly.

Its like the Spurs have morphed into the Kings overnight in sheer terms of idiotic moves.
    This is what happens when you have a senile, megalomaniacal, wino with nothing to lose and a vicegrip on the franchise telling everyone to get over themselves while he falls for his own legend, and forgets that it was his players and staff around him that made his system and this franchise what it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs buy out Carroll and still pay him his full salary for 3 seasons. What a way to flush 16 million dollars down the drain. And nobody will get fired for it. in ridiculous. Now I hope Carroll scores 20+ points when he plays against the Spurs so Flopovich gets exposed for the senile idiot that he really is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs buy out Carroll and still pay him his full salary for 3 seasons. What a way to flush 16 million dollars down the drain. And nobody will get fired for it. in ridiculous. Now I hope Carroll scores 20+ points when he plays against the Spurs so Flopovich gets exposed for the senile idiot that he really is
    And I hope he caps it off with a game winning three over Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when you have a senile, megalomaniacal, wino with nothing to lose and a vicegrip on the franchise telling everyone to get over themselves while he falls for his own legend, and forgets that it was his players and staff around him that made his system and this franchise what it was.
    Man, it's not just Pop's fault. Like by no means should we stop pointing out his issues, but his whole brain trust sucks. Wright and RC aren't extensions of Pop. They are employees who are trying to fulfill his will and ing up because of it. Beli and Forbes are examples of Pop overvaluing a certain archetype of player and RC/BW supplying it. Carroll is an example of RC/BW sending Pop a guy and him going "What the is this?" Like if Pop wanted Carroll, he'd've been playing even if he were awful. We know that from the other guys, Cun and Pon. Giving up an asset for a guy your coach won't play despite having been with the coach long enough to know whom he'll play is a huge red stain for a GM. None of them can skate over this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, it's not just Pop's fault. Like by no means should we stop pointing out his issues, but his whole brain trust sucks. Wright and RC aren't extensions of Pop. They are employees who are trying to fulfill his will and ing up because of it. Beli and Forbes are examples of Pop overvaluing a certain archetype of player and RC/BW supplying it. Carroll is an example of RC/BW sending Pop a guy and him going "What the is this?" Like if Pop wanted Carroll, he'd've been playing even if he were awful. We know that from the other guys, Cun and Pon. Giving up an asset for a guy your coach won't play despite having been with the coach long enough to know whom he'll play is a huge red stain for a GM. None of them can skate over this.
    Get rid of them all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get rid of them all.
    I think so. Part of me would want to see the Spurs with a coach who's willing to follow the vision of whoever's been in charge of drafting the past few years. Certainly, you can see long, athletic and versatile players with potential there. But if it's Brian Wright, no thanks. He's been attached to so many bad deals already that it almost feels like a character assassination by whoever leaked that stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so. Part of me would want to see the Spurs with a coach who's willing to follow the vision of whoever's been in charge of drafting the past few years. Certainly, you can see long, athletic and versatile players with potential there. But if it's Brian Wright, no thanks. He's been attached to so many bad deals already that it almost feels like a character assassination by whoever leaked that stuff.
    , I'd just be happy with ANY vision. This team is directionless and stuck in the water without a rudder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, team is ed top to bottom.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as pop hates trump hes taking a page out his book and having all these players sign NDAs so we stay in dark

Thread Information