Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is maybe 3 or 4 guys I would take in the second round that are not PG if they gone I would not be upset getting one with our second round pick and True PG not a PG/SG .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fixed it up a bit for you, tbh
    Keldon can play the 3 either starting or backing up (Demar) depending on who we draft. He is great as a hustle/energy guy that could be a great combination with Lonnie off the bench.

I'm trying to be realistic & I'm almost 100% sure Pop won't get rid of Mills, Forbes and/or Murray (who I like unlike most of ST) in one offseason.

Derrick & DeJounte should be our starting backcourt unless Lonnie and/or Keldon has a huge jump in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is maybe 3 or 4 guys I would take in the second round that are not PG if they gone I would not be upset getting one with our second round pick and True PG not a PG/SG .
    Again, no thanks.

We already have a slew of guards/combo guards in the pipeline & the team needs to address other needs. Draft picks would be better utilized acquiring more talent at the 3, 4 and/or 5.

A "pure point guard" - which is overrated in today's NBA where 1 - 5 can handle the ball/play make - isn't gonna make DeJounte, Derrick, Lonnie, Keldon, Luka or Trey better.

The only two it could benefit having a "pure point" are Poeltl and Eubanks. Although, Poeltl isn't a good enough roll man or at all a lob threat to make it primary offensive weapon. Eubanks could be a lob threat, yet he's still a developmental player.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 09-09-2020 at 02:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get it done spurs!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, what a slap in the face. If I'm his agent, on principle alone, I have to get more than Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, what a slap in the face. If I'm his agent, on principle alone, I have to get more than Murray.
    he get +20m per season if DD or LMA wasnt on the team....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, maybe its because of surgeries on the same foot in back to back seasons? He deserves more than dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares what he deserves? If he accepts it, he's clearly happy. If he doesn't like it, he'll push back. Spurs fans will create drama where there is none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, maybe its because of surgeries on the same foot in back to back seasons? He deserves more than dejounte.
    Dejounte was overpaid plain and simple. He had a couple good games right before his new contract but then has been pretty mediocre since then.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is in a role ill suited for him. In the bubble he had shared responsibilities and that’s how it should be. However, the presence of DeRozan and his stature, in my opinion, helped DJ accept a shared role. If Derozan is no longer on the team, can DJ share the back court with Derrick and not pout? I’m dubious, but hope it can change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might want more playing time rather than the contract. He will be able to get $15 about anywhere in the league. Difference might be he could be a starter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about what he's willing to accept, it's about not disrespecting him or creating resentment. Even if he foolishly accepted that now, in a year the gulf between them could be drastic enough that he could feel differently.

They should have the foresight to at least offer him an identical contract.

That'd make more sense if Murray hadn't already torn his ACL. Granted, that's an injury with a proven track record of being able to return to form, but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might want more playing time rather than the contract. He will be able to get $15 about anywhere in the league. Difference might be he could be a starter
    No. There are only like three teams with Cap room, required to fit $15M, and none of them are going to waste time making that offer to White, when it will surely be matched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick is about to sign the biggest contract of his life. You would think he would put enough thought into it before signing it whether he's going to be happy or sad about it down the road. You would think he's weighed in on all possible scenarios - good or bad. If not, then it's a sign he isn't very mature and/or he should fire his agent. To assume he would throw a fit once he realizes he signed a contract lower than his perceived value is selling his critical thinking skills and emotional intelligence short. If he did feel some sort of way after the fact, I would hope he is a grown ass adult and would get over it quick since he is the one who put his signature on the dotted line.

This is all assuming the supposed rumor is true and that he actually signs it. We don't know yet what's going on in his head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people underrate the perks a lifelong Spur has. It's not about a single contract, the Spurs take care of their players long after their NBA career as a player is over. This is something all Spurs probably factor in when signing a contract with the Spurs. They probably look at past Spurs players and see that they land coaching gigs, broadcasting gigs, local TV commercial gigs. This is something to keep in mind when a player signs with the Spurs with a contract below their perceived value.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo hes gonna take it without any hesitation but the fact that murray has a better contract is just not fair. its "only" 4mil $ so it could be worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldn't worry about DJM's contract when negotiating with White. It was a completely different financial climate. It would basically be like using Mozgov/Biyombo/Mahinmi to figure out Poeltl's deal. If it's not enough to White and he makes a counter offer, that's just negotiating. If he signs it but then wants out because he then realizes Murray makes more, him. Trade him and move on with your life. He's not worth getting upset about. He has a long way to go in order to be considered a life-long Spurs too. I like. I always have. But the team has to look out for itself. That's the real lesson from the Leonard drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Granted, I don't really know him but Derrick seems like a level headed guy. It may not be the case of trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the Spurs that he can get. He may be of the mind that he gets a good contract and does not appear to be the type that will burn through his money the way some guys end up doing. At the end of the day, if he took the offer, he is set for life as long as he is not foolish.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are egos and agents and I am a fan hoping for the hometown discount but he strikes me as the type of player that will ask for a get what he thinks is a fair deal and not be a about who gets paid more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think White would "just realize" Murray makes more after signing the contract. If I was his agent, that would probably be the first thing that gets brought up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. There are only like three teams with Cap room, required to fit $15M, and none of them are going to waste time making that offer to White, when it will surely be matched.
    He could always play out his contract and get a bigger (same) pay then. Like what S-Jax did to get to Indiana. If White isn't getting the burn, and still stuck behind Forbes who we all know is going to be re-upped by Pop, then I can see him turning down the offer and start looking for greener pastures. Dallas would be a great fit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't comment on his intelligence or lack thereof, I just said in a year the gap in their play could be significant enough that it'd be absurd that he'd be making less or even equal than/to Murray.

The Spurs shouldn't worry about DJM's contract when negotiating with White. It was a completely different financial climate. It would basically be like using Mozgov/Biyombo/Mahinmi to figure out Poeltl's deal. If it's not enough to White and he makes a counter offer, that's just negotiating. If he signs it but then wants out because he then realizes Murray makes more, him. Trade him and move on with your life. He's not worth getting upset about. He has a long way to go in order to be considered a life-long Spurs too. I like. I always have. But the team has to look out for itself. That's the real lesson from the Leonard drama.
    The gap in Murray's contract and this speculated offer is small enough that the different financial climate doesn't fly in this case.

The Spurs should worry about that and if they're not, White and his agent definitely should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could always play out his contract and get a bigger (same) pay then. Like what S-Jax did to get to Indiana. If White isn't getting the burn, and still stuck behind Forbes who we all know is going to be re-upped by Pop, then I can see him turning down the offer and start looking for greener pastures. Dallas would be a great fit
    White is on a full burn first round rookie deal ,nothing like Jack’s contract. He can’t just walk until after year 5, two years from now. That’s a big risk, both injury wise, and economy wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is on a full burn first round rookie deal ,nothing like Jack’s contract. He can’t just walk until after year 5, two years from now. That’s a big risk, both injury wise, and economy wise.
    dang it's two years from now? Thought he could walk after next season. My bad

Thread Information