Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving that Jeff Errors clap tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the good news is when $50Mills got his sorry ass blown by like it was planted in cement it didn’t seem to phase him in the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the good news is when $50Mills got his sorry ass blown by like it was planted in cement it didn’t seem to phase him in the least.
    He was busy countin' the mills in his head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really should not even be a topic. Its disguised as a glorified way to criticize a young player thats doing pretty well for an undrafted player. Leave the guy alone and enjoy the season, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This really should not even be a topic. Its disguised as a glorified way to criticize a young player thats doing pretty well for an undrafted player. Leave the guy alone and enjoy the season, tbh.
    Nope, these guys have their agenda set for the next two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I counted 5 plays that Teague scored or got FTs on Forbes. One of them was really well defended and Teague just made a tough shot. The foul call was also really well defended and it could be argued that Forbes got screwed with the foul call. The others Teague used screens.

But let's keep perpetuating this myth that Forbes is a turnstyle on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, tbh, I don't mind Forbes getting mad when he makes a mistake on defense. As the great Avery Johnson once said, it's easier to tame a lion than to hype up a pussycat.

I only mind when Forbes hangs his head after missing a shot and doesn't get back on defense. Or when he gets mad at missing a free throw and then passes up the next open jumper. To his credit, I didn't see that in the first game of the season.
    Agree. I thought his demeanor was quite improved, and I thought he acquitted himself very well for a guy of his experience playing out of position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s always been this way, he gets all pouty when something doesn’t go his way.

He’s mentally soft and has a loser mentality.
    Exactly. This is my main beef with bringing him back as opposed to taking a flyer on a Gleague player. He's got a good mechanical shot but the fact of the matter is that this guy can't get out of his own head and just play basketball. Its been obvious for years. He's not going to develop a killers mentality all of a sudden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys have lost your minds over Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do you guys want to see me post the thread "Now that kyle is gone, is Forbes the pound for pound sexiest spurs...?" I mean the muscles, the vulnerability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has lost his mind over Bryn Forbes.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes shouldn't be guarding pgs. I think he would do well with most sg's in the league, outside the better ones. Considering he is a backup sg and wouldn't usually be up against starting sg's for lengthy stretches. He has a tough body, works hard, contests well. But faster guards just blow by him and the extra muscle he put on probably doesn't help. I suspect Pop and co told him to put the muscle on because it would help him, but little did they know he would be playing point the first 8 weeks of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is very hard on himself. Reminds me of the guy playing tennis who yells at himself when he hits a ball long.
    Yes, this also happens to people who plays sports. Some really takes the game seriously

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP never complained but about fathead.
    I'd rather have Fathead guarding Teague than Forbes, tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called disappointment. Wouldn't it be weirder if he looked totally content every time he got burned?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk needs someone to about, and Forbes is the easiest candidate.

He had a rough game against Teague, but Mills was worse. And he made a pretty big defensive play on a post entry pass to get the steal in crunch time. Watching the game, it wasn't as bad as I'd feared.

Like it or not, there isn't an obvious upgrade out there, so may as well root for the young man until White returns.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like this every game, though. He pouts when he blows an assignment, or misses shots, or gets bad calls.

I understand that that he is trying his best and is showing genuine frustration, but opponents feed off of that.

It's like guys in pickup ball who constantly berate themselves and have no confidence. People don't want to play with guys like that, they want to play against them.
    this x100. anybody who's played pickup ball knows these guys are easy prey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is Forbes the pound for pound sexiest spurs...?" I mean the muscles, the vulnerability

Post it anyway, it's good spin practice for the silver lining police

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called disappointment. Wouldn't it be weirder if he looked totally content every time he got burned?
    It’s going to be interesting to see if he develops a thicker skin. Can’t go around getting upset and frustrated all the time. It’s like Jeff Errors clapping thing. It gets annoying once you’ve seen it too many times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed 100%. Spurstalk is filled with so many negative people, it's beyond a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Forbes the pound for pound sexiest spurs...?" I mean the muscles, the vulnerability
    Keep going...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She kinda reminds me of Forbes....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his demeanor. He shows he’s frustrated and wants to do better. Think Steve Kerr. Just hit them open shots and don’t hesitate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She kinda reminds me of Forbes....

... Now it's just getting weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Now it's just getting weird.

Thread Information