Page 55 of 110 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 players (Patty, Gay, DD, LA) on expiring deals that range from useful to very useful to contenders out there, plus the 11th pick...

Spurs have a real shot to set themselves up really nicely and get a blue chip young player. I really hope they don't squander it because the old man can't bear the thought of coaching a rebuilding team. If that's what ends up holding them back, that'd be absolutely shamefuly. God I hope he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mugen bro, you’re setting yourself up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mugen bro, you’re setting yourself up.
    I know, bruh. But let me have these next 48 hours before "We like what we have" comes slurring out of RC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20+ years........ I’ll trust them to do what’s right. Some of the best laid plans fail......yet we still try!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m gonna be sick if we run it back with last years team again ! Ugh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, bruh. But let me have these next 48 hours before "We like what we have" comes slurring out of RC.
    Is that before or after they use #11 on some Euro we've never heard of that we'll never hear about again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been one of those snowflake fans who have spoke patience etc. but If we don’t make some changes I’m gonna be a pissed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan as a second move of a team going win now makes the most sense, particularly if that team has some cap space.

Phoenix just made a win now transaction, so a sign and trade (an overpaid Saric) and a pick for DeRozan gives Phoenix a core of Paul, Booker, DeMar, Bridges, and Ayton.

If Atlanta moves for Hayward, then adding DeRozan for dead money (Dedmon) and asset(s) yields Young, DeRozan, Hayward, Collins, Capela.

If Sacramento flips Hield and Cory Joseph for Tobias Harris , Spurs could move DeRozan for Jabari Parker and an asset...Fox, Bogdan, DeRozan, Harris, Bagley improves the Kings.

If NYK absorbs Westbrook, sending back dead money and assets gives Knicks...Westbrook and DeMar. smh the Knicks are so terrible.

None of these deals sets my world on fire, but DeMar isn't the main get in a roster overhaul, he's a complementary piece after you land a Chris Paul type.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Suns trading a pick for that contract
    worth it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can excuse being dumb enough to keep one of Derozan/LMA around. But keeping both would be absolutely re ed tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a trade doesn't happen, the blame doesn't fall all on the Spurs. It could be that no team wants what they have to offer. You've got to think about that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People in here acting like DeRozan is trash���������� 22 5 5 is more valuable than most of you know!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People in here acting like DeRozan is trash���������� 22 5 5 is more valuable than most of you know!
    I find it funny that the people who think DeRozan is trash are the same ones wondering why the Spurs' phone isn't ringing off the hook with offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is absolutely a market for guys like Derozan. If the Spurs wanted to trade him, they could find a suitor easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is absolutely a market for guys like Derozan. If the Spurs wanted to trade him, they could find a suitor easily.
    Ahh alright didn't know you were an agent/ GM. Tell me more since you're so plugged in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny that the people who think DeRozan is trash are the same ones wondering why the Spurs' phone isn't ringing off the hook with offers.
    He's a good piece if you have the right players like Toronto did or if you only wanna fight for a playoff spot. The Spurs don't have the right players for him to thrive and their postseason streak just ended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh alright didn't know you were an agent/ GM. Tell me more since you're so plugged in.
    Bruh have you not heard of tspence? THE tspence? We have a group chat going with him as we speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's coming off a season with good numbers and is on an expiring deal. Minimal risk for any team that trades for him especially if it's only going to cost you moving down 5 or 6 spots in a "weak" draft (See DET, ATL).

tier players on tier deals get moved all the time. Just because the franchise has made 1 good trade in 20 years doesn't mean they're hard to execute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, it's not likely that any trades where the main incentive for SA is moving up are going to happen until Wednesday night. Even if they had a deal for 2, Minny's made it clear their pick is for sale. No point in trading up for Wiseman or whomever only to see Charlotte snipe him instead. That said, Paul going for positive value is a good thing for SA. It means it's a seller's market, and teams drove up the price on Paul by going after him so hard. Teams like MKE, BRK and LAC are still going to be looking for guards, and the market is shrinking. Assuming a Harden trade doesn't happen, the Spurs probably have the most valuable piece left to deal behind Jrue.

Also, it's interesting no one's mentioned the team going after Kelly Oubre. Gotta think he's for sale in OKC now. I'm hoping SA wouldn't give up a first, but he seems like one of the most obvious targets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I like what we have (stops to take his Memantine pill) I think we can compete."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a good piece if you have the right players like Toronto did or if you only wanna fight for a playoff spot. The Spurs don't have the right players for him to thrive and their postseason streak just ended.
    No lie, I'd prefer him to be shipped out too. He's proven that he is not a player worth building around.

That said, I don't expect suitors to just be lining up around the block.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Golden State and Phoenix now firmly within playoff picture and Houston and OKC moving out of picture, Spurs are lottery bound in '21. That Chris Paul trade was a big help to Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lie, I'd prefer him to be shipped out too. He's proven that he is not a player worth building around.

That said, I don't expect suitors to just be lining up to take him.
    Like Chinook said, its a sellers market right now. There's no clear-cut le favorites as of now and a pot of teams are one piece away from getting a chance. A lot of said teams are also up-and-coming with the room to take on DDR with little to lose if it doesn't work out. The Spurs won't get anything mind-blowing for him obviously but he should definitely fetch an asset or two depending on how things shape up with the likes of Harden and Holiday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Golden State and Phoenix now firmly within playoff picture and Houston and OKC moving out of picture, Spurs are lottery bound in '21. That Chris Paul trade was a big help to Spurs.
    Utah will probably fall out too, and NOP looks to be taking a step back. I wouldn't be so sure as to think SA will miss, though they indeed are probably the 11th-best team in the conference right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know if The Warriors $17M trade exception allows them to make this trade without adding on any other pieces? (#2 pick only for LMA + 11).
    They’d have to trade salary for Aldridge, but Gay, Mills or Murray would all fit into the trade exception.

For Aldridge, the Spurs could take up to 125% + $100k of his salary back, or essentially $30.1 million. Wiggins fits into it, though barely. Wiggins plus the #2 pick at $7.275 million (unsigned so salary doesn’t count) add nearly $13 million to the Spurs’ cap and basically push them to the luxury tax threshold. Add in #11 if they were to keep it, and they’re over. That doesn’t even factor in Poeltl.

Taking back Wiggins has other ramifications, and not just for the Spurs but any acquiring team. Can’t look at just that theoretical trade in isolation.

Thread Information