Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    not reallly. I was responding to your ing by pointing out the fact that they are still making efforts at destabilizing our country. Respectfully: The fact that you can't easily support your statement "Democrats are focused on..." other than that, should cause you to re-think that statement.
    I said Democrats are more focused on muh Russia than Trump sabotaging the USPS.

You and Spurs Homer are Democrats.

You and Spurs Homer both entered a thread about the USPS and decided it was a good place to stand on your muh Russia soapbox.

The foregoing two facts are all that’s required for my statement to be true.

Do you actually plan on talking about the USPS ITTA, or was your only goal to make sure I’m taking muh Russia super seriously?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump says the quiet part out loud:

“Now, they need that money in order to have Post Office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said. “But if they don’t get those items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.”
    He has essentially admitted why he is doing what he is doing. Not out of any concern for fraud.

Trump’s assault on mail-in voting is blatantly political and nakedly hypocritical. At the same time he attacks mail-in voting, his campaign is encouraging Republican voters in battleground states to apply for absentee ballots and vote by mail. Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Attorney General William Barr, and other senior administration officials have all voted by mail in recent elections. The only plausible explanation for Trump’s newfound resistance to voting by mail — to the point that he would kneecap the Postal Service to prevent the delivery and transport of ballots — is that he believes it will hurt his chances of reelection in November.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...efund-1043797/

He is now holding COVID relief hostage to further this end. His negotiators have withdrawn from talks with the House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said Democrats are more focused on muh Russia than Trump sabotaging the USPS.

You and Spurs Homer are Democrats.

You and Spurs Homer both entered a thread about the USPS and decided it was a good place to stand on your muh Russia soapbox.

The foregoing two facts are all that’s required for my statement to be true.
    No, it isn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty...generalization

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trump says the quiet part out loud:

He has essentially admitted why he is doing what he is doing. Not out of any concern for fraud.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...efund-1043797/

He is now holding COVID relief hostage to further this end. His negotiators have withdrawn from talks with the House.
    This is my point - he’s not even denying what he’s doing with the USPS. He’s outright admitting that his goal is to kill mail in voting by gutting the USPS. It’s not a conspiracy theory or a disputed allegation, Trump is transparently abusing his power over the USPS in order to stop the Democratic process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t say all Democrats. I said Democrats.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    (shrugs) You didn't qualify it.

Perhaps a different wording using the same format will help.

Steaks in Germany are overcooked.

Notice I didn't qualify that.

What is does the sentence imply?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-13-2020 at 10:20 AM. Reason: unnecessary roughness and rule one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Postmaster General DeJoy has financial conflicts

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is absolutely no evidence of Putin’s involvement with Trump’s efforts to sabotage the post office. People are always looking for a convoluted, multilevel conspiracy they can claim credit for unraveling (muh Russia, QAnon, Pizzagate, etc.).

What’s happening here is pretty simple - Trump knows he needs to suppress votes to win, and if mail in voting makes it easier to vote, that becomes a lot harder. As such, he found a billionaire friend of his to make postmaster general and sabotage the post office so mail can’t reliably get anywhere on time. That alone should be enough to show how much of a threat to our Democracy Trump is. There’s no need to add conjecture about Putin to an otherwise simple and easy thing for the average American to understand.

again

USA intel just released a report that Dems have been screaming to have this report declassified- but have not been successful

but the public available information released - includes;

Russia is deploying ACTIVE MEASURES to attack our election to help Trump again.

Dems are unsuccessful in declassifying but are raising the alarm. Why?

They have seen the classified report but are forbidden to speak out about the classified intel

If YOU want to believe - after 4 years of watching Trump obediently fulfill EVERY Russian wish list of putins wildest dreams-

and yet you somehow think Trump is going to steal this election without Putins help

I cant help you- no one can.

Just keep blindly spewing those sympathizer talking points.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    again

USA intel just released a report that Dems have been screaming to have this report declassified- but have not been successful

but the public available information released - includes;

Russia is deploying ACTIVE MEASURES to attack our election to help Trump again.

Dems are unsuccessful in declassifying but are raising the alarm. Why?

They have seen the classified report but are forbidden to speak out about the classified intel

If YOU want to believe - after 4 years of watching Trump obediently fulfill EVERY Russian wish list of putins wildest dreams-

and yet you somehow think Trump is going to steal this election without Putins help

I cant help you- no one can.

Just keep blindly spewing those sympathizer talking points.
    Present me with any evidence you have that Russia is involved with the USP or fold.

A classified report that may or may not contain evidence isn’t evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my point - he’s not even denying what he’s doing with the USPS. He’s outright admitting that his goal is to kill mail in voting by gutting the USPS. It’s not a conspiracy theory or a disputed allegation, Trump is transparently abusing his power over the USPS in order to stop the Democratic process.
    Talking about this is soemthing people like TSA will studiously avoid.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-13-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Present me with any evidence you have that Russia is involved with the USP or fold.

A classified report that may or may not contain evidence isn’t evidence.

that is how it works

Trump wont allow his intel guy to declassify

If “russia is taking Active measures”

does not concern you

nothing will

I have no evidence and wont until we are under Authoritarian rule and people like you are crying and wishing we had paid attention to what was right in front of our eyes.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh this is blatant election fixing done in plain sight and we're still talking about Russia in 2016 instead of this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump on Fox Business today.

Voter fraud is a red herring, Trump wants to suppress turnout.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If “russia is taking Active measures”

does not concern you

nothing will.
    Splendid. Since I’m a lost cause who can’t be saved, hopefully that means you’ll stop replying to my posts with gibberish about muh Russia that’s formatted like a poorly written Haiku.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm 98% sure I'll hear muh Russia when Shillary speaks on the convention, but if I hear that coming out of the campaign, they deserve all the misery that's coming to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm 98% sure I'll hear muh Russia when Shillary speaks on the convention, but if I hear that coming out of the campaign, they deserve all the misery that's coming to them.
    They won't so god help us, but they should be muzzling Hillary and reviewing her speech beforehand. One mention of muh Russia or the BernieBros don't like me and the livestream to her speech should get killed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splendid. Since I’m a lost cause who can’t be saved, hopefully that means you’ll stop replying to my posts with gibberish about muh Russia that’s formatted like a poorly written Haiku.
    ''

how clever and snarky!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defunding the USPS and reorganizing it so as to slow down US mail flauts US postal policy.

(a)The United States Postal Service shall be operated as a basic and fundamental service provided to the people by the Government of the United States, authorized by the Cons ution, created by Act of Congress, and supported by the people. The Postal Service shall have as its basic function the obligation to provide postal services to bind the Nation together through the personal, educational, literary, and business correspondence of the people. It shall provide prompt, reliable, and efficient services to patrons in all areas and shall render postal services to all communities. The costs of establishing and maintaining the Postal Service shall not be apportioned to impair the overall value of such service to the people.

(b)The Postal Service shall provide a maximum degree of effective and regular postal services to rural areas, communities, and small towns where post offices are not self-sustaining. No small post office shall be closed solely for operating at a deficit, it being the specific intent of the Congress that effective postal services be insured to residents of both urban and rural communities.

(c)As an employer, the Postal Service shall achieve and maintain compensation for its officers and employees comparable to the rates and types of compensation paid in the private sector of the economy of the United States. It shall place particular emphasis upon opportunities for career advancements of all officers and employees and the achievement of worthwhile and satisfying careers in the service of the United States.

(d)Postal rates shall be established to apportion the costs of all postal operations to all users of the mail on a fair and equitable basis.

(e)In determining all policies for postal services, the Postal Service shall give the highest consideration to the requirement for the most expeditious collection, transportation, and delivery of important letter mail.

(f)In selecting modes of transportation, the Postal Service shall give highest consideration to the prompt and economical delivery of all mail. Modern methods of transporting mail by containerization and programs designed to achieve overnight transportation to the destination of important letter mail to all parts of the Nation shall be a primary goal of postal operations.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/101

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deactivating, dismantling and removing sorting machines

Motherboard identified 19 mail sorting machines from five processing facilities across the U.S. that either have already been removed or are scheduled to be in the near future. But the Postal Service operates hundreds of distribution facilities around the country, so it is not clear precisely how many machines are getting removed and for what purpose.
    Even to local union officials, USPS has not announced any policy, explained why they are doing this, what will happen to the machines and the workers who use them. Nor has management provided a rationale for dismantling and removing the machines from the facility rather than merely not operating them when they’re not needed.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n...f-the-election

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Look at it this way: Your local grocery store was forced to cut 1/3 of its cash-out lines, but management expected the same productivity, quality, and speed for the customer,” said an employee at a Buffalo distribution facility, which they said is set to lose six out of 21 mail sorting machines. “It’s just never going to happen.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After publication, USPS spokesperson David Partenheimer told Motherboard, “The Postal Service routinely moves equipment around its network as necessary to match changing mail and package volumes. Package volume is up, but mail volume continues to decline. Adapting our processing infrastructure to the current volumes will ensure more efficient, cost effective operations and better service for our customers.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USPS had to fold for the insufficient $10B,

has given ALL its proprietary business data to Mnuchin

will probably spread it his vulture Capitalists buddies

who want to buy up bankrupted USPS

Thread Information