2020 - RD 1
    2022 - RD 1

https://tradenba.com/trades/JuI_rM6-y

Nah right? We aren’t doing something that silly...wait...nah

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how many people have jumped to conclusions based on an 8 game sample size in a "bubble" and have decided Aldridge "is the problem", DeRozan "fits better with the young guys" and that the collective youth (with no clear centerpiece) has a high upside.

This once again illustrates DeRozan's trade value or lack thereof. The fact that they'd prefer a gimpy player, who can no longer handle a star's workload, speaks volumes. I don't blame them either.
    LMA sucked before the bubble for a while and doesn't fit well with the team or, frankly, the league. Extremely hesitant to adapt his game and just shoot 3s like the team needed. Years of clamoring for his "touches". To me, that's enough of a sample size.

As for DMDM, most of the same still applies, but at least he showed (along with the team) some marked improvement. I'm not saying it's proof of anything longterm but it shouldn't be discounted completely. Yes, there were many other factors in the bubble: no Forbes and the young players actually got some run.

So: If we can trade LMA, then it seems like a no brainer. If we can trade DMDR also, then I'm ok with that too.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    WashWizards get:

DeMar DeRozan
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs get:
    John Wall
    Troy Brown Jr.
    2020 - RD 1
    2022 - RD 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WashWizards get:

DeMar DeRozan
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs get:
    John Wall
    Troy Brown Jr.
    2020 - RD 1
    2022 - RD 1

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

rankingtear
    Is this what the ATL insider called? Too much information from his articles, I can no longer remember...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks bringing back one of their old assistants and shot doctors who worked with young Giannis.

Fingers crossed that now with these moves Giannis announces that he's signing that supermax, that will hopefully force the teams saving for him in 2021 to turn their attention to LMA and DDR for next year and up the trade value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WashWizards get:

DeMar DeRozan
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs get:
    John Wall
    Troy Brown Jr.
    2020 - RD 1
    2022 - RD 1

y u do dis 2 us?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    dpg is the next brian wright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said nah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks bringing back one of their old assistants and shot doctors who worked with young Giannis.

Fingers crossed that now with these moves Giannis announces that he's signing that supermax, that will hopefully force the teams saving for him in 2021 to turn their attention to LMA and DDR for next year and up the trade value
    You want teams to be hoping for Giannis if the goal is to get value from teams looking toward 2021. Those teams will want to be good this year and to save money. That creates a better market for quality expirings like the Spurs have. If they don't think 2021 is going to be worth it, then they'd probably just wait to sign the Spurs guys next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA sucked before the bubble for a while and doesn't fit well with the team or, frankly, the league. Extremely hesitant to adapt his game and just shoot 3s like the team needed. Years of clamoring for his "touches". To me, that's enough of a sample size.

As for DMDM, most of the same still applies, but at least he showed (along with the team) some marked improvement. I'm not saying it's proof of anything longterm but it shouldn't be discounted completely. Yes, there were many other factors in the bubble: no Forbes and the young players actually got some run.

So: If we can trade LMA, then it seems like a no brainer. If we can trade DMDR also, then I'm ok with that too.
    I mean, I disagree with basically everything you said. I think some of it is just a difference of opinion, but a couple of things are just factually wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want teams to be hoping for Giannis if the goal is to get value from teams looking toward 2021. Those teams will want to be good this year and to save money. That creates a better market for quality expirings like the Spurs have. If they don't think 2021 is going to be worth it, then they'd probably just wait to sign the Spurs guys next summer.
    Disagree. Teams that go into the trade market with the mindset of being able to renounce that player to get Giannis aren't motivated to give anything up for this coming year. Because what they value first is cap space, the player is only second.

If they have to come to terms that there is no Giannis, then they try to win this year and have the inside track on keeping the player. The priority becomes winning first, if that goes well then second keeping the player, third capspace.

Especially because the Giannis wanting teams have already cleared the capspace on the horizon, like Miami and Dallas and Toronto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was 34 and had to adapt to fit with lesser players, which he did. He's a better player and fit with the youth because he can actually play off of them.

It's DeRozan who doesn't fit well with the league which is why he has such poor trade value in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Teams that go into the trade market with the mindset of being able to renounce that player to get Giannis aren't motivated to give anything up for this coming year. Because what they value first is cap space, the player is only second.

If they have to come to terms that there is no Giannis, then they try to win this year and have the inside track on keeping the player. The priority becomes winning first, if that goes well then second keeping the player, third capspace.

Especially because the Giannis wanting teams already have already cleared the capspace on the horizon, like Miami and Dallas and Toronto.
    Nah. Teams that aren't MKE need to prove to Giannis they can win with him. That's supposedly why he's considering leaving in the first place. He's not going to join some terrible team. A team like Dallas also needs to clear space to make a run at Giannis, and they might be willing to give up 18 to do that. If there's no Giannis, they probably dont' think it's worth it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy ! You know Pop and several others have praised him exactly for the opposite of what you state? That he is their defensive anchor, plays great defense, on both on his man and help defense. He plays most every big in this league to a draw on most nights, including Anthony Davis and the Joker.

Like what the are you smoking? He is far from the primary problem on this team and statements like this just make me not be able to take you seriously.
    He is a drop coverage big who isn't a top tier shot blocker. Drop bigs who aren't great shotblockers usually compensate for it with great hands, see the steal rate of Jokic and Nurkic. His defensive rebounding is also lower than similar drop bigs. I won't blame him this is the first season he has to play the position full time, maybe the communication and reads are not there yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Teams that aren't MKE need to prove to Giannis they can win with him. That's supposedly why he's considering leaving in the first place. He's not going to join some terrible team. A team like Dallas also needs to clear space to make a run at Giannis, and they might be willing to give up 18 to do that. If there's no Giannis, they probably dont' think it's worth it.
    Miami and Toronto aren't terrible teams at all, and neither is Dallas

Dallas won't have much to clear and can wait to dump off guys like Seth for free and stretch Delon Wright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA
    3m
    Here is how the 2020-21 NBA season will be formatted:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They aren't, but they also aren't going to get Giannis to leave MKE by being clearly inferior teams like they are now. None of those teams is likelier to acquire LMA or DMDR as alternatives to Giannis, especially this season. They're all going to try to win this year as much as they can without jeopardizing their cap.

Dallas won't have much to clear and can wait to dump off guys like Seth for free and stretch Delon Wright
    Remember, the cap is projected to go up by $3-10 Million in 2021. That's a min-max. So Dallas right now is looking at having between $24 and $31 Million in cap space. That's not just a Curry dump and Wright waiver away, especially if they keep 18 this year and get a low increase in the cap. Also, it's not clear that dumping that much talent is preferable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone seen anything ele on Mills being shopped? Last I read was Philly and Bucks right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They aren't, but they also aren't going to get Giannis to leave MKE by being clearly inferior teams like they are now. None of those teams is likelier to acquire LMA or DMDR as alternatives to Giannis, especially this season. They're all going to try to win this year as much as they can without jeopardizing their cap.

Remember, the cap is projected to go up by $3-10 Million in 2021. That's a min-max. So Dallas right now is looking at having between $24 and $31 Million in cap space. That's not just a Curry dump and Wright waiver away, especially if they keep 18 this year and get a low increase in the cap. Also, it's not clear that dumping that much talent is preferable.
    Sorry, agree to disagree. They aren't clearly inferior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a drop coverage big who isn't a top tier shot blocker. Drop bigs who aren't great shotblockers usually compensate for it with great hands, see the steal rate of Jokic and Nurkic. His defensive rebounding is also lower than similar drop bigs. I won't blame him this is the first season he has to play the position full time, maybe the communication and reads are not there yet.
    Agree LMA is not the best defender but you have to remember he is covering for Forbes,DDR, Beli and the rest of the putrid defense

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was 34 and had to adapt to fit with lesser players, which he did. He's a better player and fit with the youth because he can actually play off of them.

It's DeRozan who doesn't fit well with the league which is why he has such poor trade value in his prime.
    If he would commit to being a stretch 5, then that would make sense. He moved in that direction some, yes, but I’m not convinced he will fully embrace it. He still hasn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also plays in a division and in an era with teams like the Rockets that require him to be 15 feet or more from the basket most times. Also, because of the guards we had with lineups like Bryn and Marco, teams commonly switched their bigs onto Bryn in mismatches, leaving LMA, 25 feet from the basket. It's how stats lie to us.

The year before when he wasn't playing heavy minutes with them his boards were higher per 40 than what he ever had in Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I disagree with basically everything you said. I think some of it is just a difference of opinion, but a couple of things are just factually wrong.
    So you love LaMarcus Aldridge? You love DeMar DeRozan? You want to keep them both? You declined to offer any shades of gray to your reply, or details, so I will assume that is your opinion. That is not a hill I want to die on.

Thread Information