My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

The ref Rizzoli gave an indirect free kick for Germany. IMO that was an outrageous penalty. The ref perhaps didn’t have a good angle to see the knee in the head, but the linesman had a good view.

After Di María injured, didn’t like how Argentina played, honestly though they were to lose 3:0 in the finals or something like that. But the team played quite well, and had the better chances. Plus this play, that was penalty with the game still 0:0.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    If Neuer hadn't cleared the ball seconds before then easy call. Working against Higuain is he wasn't in position to do anything with the ball. Also Neuer's reputation as a sweeper.

Also tough without remembering what occurred in the minutes proceeding as Footy tends to be officiated to keep balance with makeup calls. I don't believe Argentina should feel cheated as they had more "easy chances" without converting. Deutschland did not play as well as I expected and I think credit should go to Argentina for that.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I fail to see how was ruled a dangerous play by Higuaín. He followed his path, both legs near the ground, hands near the body.

Rizzoli states till today it wasn’t a penalty, probably don’t want to be remembered as the ref that ruined a WC final, but one would question his honesty.

The ball was near Higuaín, I think he expected to gain control after the rebound. Neuer went for the ball but it was a sloppy punch, with excessive force and dangerous play.

Perhaps the ref was compensating for something, but not sure what to require such severe compensation? Didn’t like how Higuaín celebrated a goal after being ridiculously off side?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Post Count
    bowen-esque tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    There's nothing there. None of the two had possession of the ball, both were trying to make a play and Neuer got there first.

This is a play we've seen a million times before, all contact is excused as long as you get the ball, which Neuer did.

Sorry, but Lionel Harden is just gonna have to learn how to act like somebody in finals, instead of expecting the refs or a teammate to bail him out tbh.

With that said, all praises go to Mario GÖtze for that sweet game winner. Forever the GOAT
    Last edited by Bynumite; 11-05-2021 at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Not that different from Garay's challenge on Kramer tbh, inside the box too.

Garay got the ball but in the process knocked out Kramer, who like Higuain, didn't see his opponent coming. No call.

Ref was at least consistent.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That one is an indirect free kick in the area for Germany, for a dangerous play. Not a penalty, no excessive force. I think the rules don’t specify anything about who comes to the ball first, that doesn’t matter.

If you see the video, Garay tries to avoid contact, but Kramer sticks his head out. Not looking for contact, just an accident.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    There's nothing there. None of the two had possession of the ball, both were trying to make a play and Neuer got there first.

This is a play we've seen a million times before, all contact is excused as long as you get the ball, which Neuer did.

Sorry, but Lionel Harden is just gonna have to learn how to act like somebody in finals, instead of expecting the refs or a teammate to bail him out tbh.

With that said, all praises go to Mario GÖtze for that sweet game winner. Forever the GOAT

Ronaldo is even worse in the finals

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ronaldo is even worse in the finals
    4 goals in CL finals to Midget's 2 says otherwise

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    4 goals in CL finals to Midget's 2 says otherwise
    Nah, look at performance PER final and you’ll see Messi is comfortably better. Ronaldo was absent in most finals with Ramos, Benzema and bale bailing him out. He had a fluky performance against Juventus who imploded at halftime

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Clear penalty. ing Italian ref has even admitted it himself.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-08-2021 at 10:17 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Dude, that's not even close to being a rule.

I guess you have never seen folks winning a heading duel on the air only to get called for a foul.

Even on a ground challenge, if you go with excesive force and hit the rival, it is a foul, no matter if you got to the ball first or nor.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Not that different from Garay's challenge on Kramer tbh, inside the box too.

Garay got the ball but in the process knocked out Kramer, who like Higuain, didn't see his opponent coming. No call.

Ref was at least consistent.

Not even close to the same play. Here there is no excesive force (something vital which the rule focuses on) and, if you look closely, the German player is as much at fault for the collision as Garay. Unlike the other play which is all Neuer.

Thread Information