My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh,,, there is some good ?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is that Pop has slow rolled this rebuild for so long and now that wheels have come off, he’s going to need next season to get his record. That’s a disaster. This should be his last season but I don’t see him going anywhere. The bummer is that no young coaches of any talent would prefer to come here because we suck now, so we are going to be stuck with low talent players and coaches unless we get lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good: DJ/Jak/Vassell/Keldon/Likely top 5 pick coming

The bad: White/Walker

The ugly: Ewbanks/Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh,,, there is some good ?

a little

but it doesn’t matter tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what should be clear as day to everybody by now is that LMA, Rudy, Patty and Demar all kept this team with an aire of competetive respectability. Along with Murray as a vet. Vassell was just a rookie.

This team will be lucky to get 30, maybe 25 or fewer wins. That's not to say that we should have kept those 4 given their ceiling (with *old* LMA, *old* Rudy, old Patty, and *prime* Demar) was a play-in game. And they were getting too old to be the go to options.

But it's now obvious those 4 guys in LMA, Rudy, Patty, and Demar, despite spurstalk concensus, weren't holding these guys back one bit eating up minutes as was the logic here. Quite the opposite actually, they were keeping them afloat. And our record, and their play with their new respective teams is proving that.

And it's just further proof of three things:
    1. I should have been on the tank crew earlier
    2. The front office royally the bed over the past four years.
    3. nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what should be clear as day to everybody by now is that LMA, Rudy, Patty and Demar all kept this team with an aire of competetive respectability. Along with Murray as a vet. Vassell was just a rookie.

This team will be lucky to get 30, maybe 25 or fewer wins. That's not to say that we should have kept those 4 given their ceiling (with *old* LMA, *old* Rudy, old Patty, and *prime* Demar) was a play-in game. And they were getting too old to be the go to options.

But it's now obvious those 4 guys in LMA, Rudy, Patty, and Demar, despite spurstalk concensus, weren't holding these guys back one bit eating up minutes as was the logic here. Quite the opposite actually, they were keeping them afloat. And our record, and their play with their new respective teams is proving that.

3. nephew.
    disagree. Murray needed derozan gone to take over the reigns. Lma didnt want to be here anyway. I hate to say it but id rather have mills the forbes obviously. As for gay? Meh- vassell,kj and lonnie needed more time anyway. Hopefully we finally get out of that 11-12th lottery pit weve been in the last two seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3. nephew.

I agree with your conclusions! For better or worse we are finally taking our pain; should have gotten more for those 4 vets when we could. I pray PATFO does not trade any of our FRPs in the coming 2-3 years in an effort to be marginally compe ive. Let's all cheer for 26 wins this year so the final domino in this rebuild can fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree. Murray needed derozan gone to take over the reigns. Lma didnt want to be here anyway. I hate to say it but id rather have mills the forbes obviously. As for gay? Meh- vassell,kj and lonnie needed more time anyway. Hopefully we finally get out of that 11-12th lottery pit weve been in the last two seasons
    Vassell yes, but none of those were really competing for the same minutes. The other two...nah.

As for Murray, yes it's clear-cut he's our best player now with Demar gone, but to what end? We're a much worse (though not necessarily because of him) team.

LMA likely didn't want to turn the reigns over to Poeltl when he's still arguably better. LMA, in the right system can still make his presence known. He's had three 20 pt games *off the bench* and is playing respectable defense this year. Look at his plus/minus and defensive rating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A major positive is that we have a solidified, versatile, rock solid leader in DJ who can play a solid role if we surround him with some scoring talent. DJ doesn't need to be the 2nd or even 3rd best goto scorer to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team. He positively impacts the game on so many levels and continues to develop AND btw he makes 16mm a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A major positive is that we have a solidified, versatile, rock solid leader in DJ who can play a solid role if we surround him with some scoring talent. DJ doesn't need to be the 2nd or even 3rd best goto scorer to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team. He positively impacts the game on so many levels and continues to develop AND btw he makes 16mm a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People pretend as if Murray wants to be the #1 guy, when you can clearly see in-game he has no issues letting other players shine. The problem is his teammates are playing hot potato with the ball, and it ends up back in Murray’s hands to create something out of nothing and out of his comfort zone. I’ve counted numerous times where a play gets broken up because the player who had it didn’t want to do anything, only to pass it to Murray for a 3 point heave. That doesn’t show up on stats.

White is an example of someone who is wasting those opportunities. When Murray and he are on the court at the same time, there are many plays Murray doesn’t touch the ball. We need a running mate for Murray who isn’t scared of the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People pretend as if Murray wants to be the #1 guy, when you can clearly see in-game he has no issues letting other players shine. The problem is his teammates are playing hot potato with the ball, and it ends up back in Murray’s hands to create something out of nothing and out of his comfort zone. I’ve counted numerous times where a play gets broken up because the player who had it didn’t want to do anything, only to pass it to Murray for a 3 point heave. That doesn’t show up on stats.

White is an example of someone who is wasting those opportunities. When Murray and he are on the court at the same time, there are many plays Murray doesn’t touch the ball. We need a running mate for Murray who isn’t scared of the moment.
    I agree homie. I think you and I very clearly have agreed for sometime what we have in Murray. For me give DJ a rim runner and en elite scorer at the 2/3 along the lines of Beal, Booker, Lavine, CJ, Jamal Murray, Jaylen Brown, Tatum etc and this team is a 4th seed. We very may well have that in the near future between this years upcoming lottery pick and Primo’s hopeful offensive development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summary for those who don't have the time to read:

The good: transition O and D is elite

The bad: 1-6 in single digit losses

The ugly: Derrick White sucks

Thread Information