Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change the freaking starting lineup? It's very clear it isn't working... I think we have enough talent to win more games... We have rarely been blown off the floor this season... A shift to the starting lineup would work... Keldon isn't a 4... White should be the PG off the bench, Vassel needs to start... Tre Jones needs more minutes... Primo needs to play... Doug should be out starting SF... so we have size and shooting... Not sure who out starting PF should be, but for damn sure it shouldn't be Keldon... I'd even go with our rookie European MVP big man (forgot his name)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After this hawks game, maybe Pop will start Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change the freaking starting lineup? It's very clear it isn't working... I think we have enough talent to win more games... We have rarely been blown off the floor this season... A shift to the starting lineup would work... Keldon isn't a 4... White should be the PG off the bench, Vassel needs to start... Tre Jones needs more minutes... Primo needs to play... Doug should be out starting SF... so we have size and shooting... Not sure who out starting PF should be, but for damn sure it shouldn't be Keldon... I'd even go with our rookie European MVP big man (forgot his name)
    I would argue the Spurs don't have enough talent to win more games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol who is this European MVP big man you speak of? Also Doug is our starting SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol who is this European MVP big man you speak of?
    Must be Tiago Splitter, surely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must be Tiago Splitter, surely
    Scola thread!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He refused to change the lineup 2 years ago, and only did because of the bubble. He won't now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think at this point Derrick White should be the backup PG. He'll be 28 next year, he hasn't improved this season...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need more 3 point shooting: Jock, Lil Weezy, Primo—but no more Forbes.

I wanted Lonnie enough time to see what improvements he made. I’m ready to start trying other options now, obviously Primo, at least in occasional games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would we want to win more games? Keep tanking imo. It's hard to watch but it'll be worth it eventually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why but I thought KBD started. I guess I remembered wrong. But there really is no fix to the starters since we don’t have a PF on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would we want to win more games? Keep tanking imo. It's hard to watch but it'll be worth it eventually

this. Yes its hard watching the young guys get their heads kicked in every night. Still, if they can secure a top 5 pick its the only way this team can improve its chances to land a superstar

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But playing Weezy, Jock, even Primo doesn’t guarantee more victories. We need to develop young talent while losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tanking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand why he starts White and Murray together now when in previous years he wouldn't even play them together at all and this was when White was actually decent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team ain't tanking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wants the record so he can retire and start a vineyard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this. Yes its hard watching the young guys get their heads kicked in every night. Still, if they can secure a top 5 pick its the only way this team can improve its chances to land a superstar
    Yes drafting is the only hope for the future because we wont ever sign a superstar free agent. Though even drafting high is no guarantee as there are so many top ten picks that never pan out. When you think of how lucky we have been drafting it's really been almost a miracle. We drafted three MVPs in the past thirty years as I think Leonard would have been an MVP already if he would've played a full season and not load managed. This takes an extreme amount of luck as you never know for sure how a player is going to turn out and the player has to stay healthy and not leave in free agency once they become a superstar. Yes tanking is the best option but it's also no guarantee to turn things around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes drafting is the only hope for the future because we wont ever sign a superstar free agent. Though even drafting high is no guarantee as there are so many top ten picks that never pan out. When you think of how lucky we have been drafting it's really been almost a miracle. We drafted three MVPs in the past thirty years as I think Leonard would have been an MVP already if he would've played a full season and not load managed. This takes an extreme amount of luck as you never know for sure how a player is going to turn out and the player has to stay healthy and not leave in free agency once they become a superstar. Yes tanking is the best option but it's also no guarantee to turn things around.
    def not a guarantee but obviously spurs best shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team ain't tanking...
    We’ve been tanking since the DeRozan trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve been tanking since the DeRozan trade.
    yea, rebuild or tank its the same

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care who starts right now because there's no lineup from the current players that we can start that will move the needle. I just want to see some indication that we've decided on who the keepers are and start making moves with the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care who starts right now because there's no lineup from the current players that we can start that will move the needle. I just want to see some indication that we've decided on who the keepers are and start making moves with the rest.
    I think the writings are on the wall for White/Walker. Would love to package them with Thad for a FRP and a vet on a short term deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the writings are on the wall for White/Walker. Would love to package them with Thad for a FRP and a vet on a short term deal.
    I agree....I go back and forth on Keldon...I like him but, I think making the Olympic team 'might' make him marketable in a package to bring something back. I think he has value but he might have more as an asset as opposed to a player...I go back and forth on that though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree....I go back and forth on Keldon...I like him but, I think making the Olympic team 'might' make him marketable in a package to bring something back. I think he has value but he might have more as an asset as opposed to a player...I go back and forth on that though..

dont see spurs dealing any of white/keldon this season but hope I'm wrong. Lonnie and thad need to be moved since they shouldn't be resigned

Thread Information