Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides Spurs almost won that game in Miami and it had a close exciting finish. Man this has me irrationally triggered lol

Sliver does this dude even watch the games? Spurs almost beat the Heat led with Mills and like Cojo and or whoever late bench it was back then. But I watched that game, as a fan I say it was good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awww did progressive coach Pop cost China Silver some dark regime money from Xi or something? Pop straining Silver's money deals with human right violators? So sorry you soft lizard freak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are never going to reduce the number of games. It's all about money for them. If they reduced the number of games, then they lose billions of dollars.
    yup, so silver should stfu. makes sense for a team like duncan's spurs to coast during the rs and make big money with the playoff games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also and nobody wants to bring this up in an MJ goat debate. But historically, the SG position was the weakest position in the league during the 80s and the 90s. The second best SG was Drexler, who is a good player and the 3rd best was Miller, who kinda sucked. After that it was Mitch Richmond? Idk

So this amazing defense that Jordan played was used primarily against trash players. Grant and Rodman actually guarded the best players in the series. Pippen took the second best player on defensively and Jordan got to test on defense guarding the likes Byron Scott, Danny Ainge, and Jeff Hornyboy. Also he was guarded by 6 foot even Kevin Johnson in his best finals ever. If I was guarded by a guy 5ft 6 (same height advantage Jordan had) then I would average 40 ppg too

Meanwhile Pippen and Grant had to guard Magic, Barkley, Kemp, Malone, Shaq, and Ewing. Meanwhile guy like Duncan had to actually carry the team both on offense and defense. He guarded Shaq, Webber, Garnett, Dirk, Sheed, Bosh and prime Amari all to win his les. It’s much more impressive
    Sadly, this fact gets conveniently left out of many discussions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn't sit stars for the whole season to contend for another season. They sat stars in back-to-backs/ or what poundingtherock.com calls SEGABABAs or THIGAFONIs. And that too stars in the 30s, in the late/ mid-late years of their career. It turned out well. Their star trio (TD, TP, MG) played 19, 19 and 17 years in the league and were productive in the later years of their careers (they never missed the playoffs when they played for the Spurs). Adam Silver is conflating what is effective load management with wilful shirking of work by the likes of Irving, Durant, Leonard etc.
    Exactly, looking at Timmy, Manu and Tony and then look at Durant, AD, KAT, Curry, K Thompson, D Rose and so many other stars and tell me whose fans lose out more. Also that season Spurs have really bad scheduling and it was that move that NBA now no longer has four games in five or five games in seven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just know that rocket ship has a phallic shape for a reason, Silver wants to ride it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Jordan literally had a grocery bagger guarding him the whole ing game and I have to hear about how great the dude is. They expanded the league and killed the Pistons by getting rid of Mahorn, the only team in Jordan’s way and the main guy who ed him up. Then they expanded it again the second Jordan lost in the playoffs bc it was too difficult for him to play basketball for an entire month.

Players today go against other players who actually train all year round, are in shape, are faster and stronger than ever and more skilled as well bc they work on their game the whole offseason. It’s amazing to watch Lebron average 30 a game vs old man Kareem who got winded jogging to half court in his 19th year.

Kawhi taking years off at a time, fat s like Zion who cannot stay in shape for a 250m dollar contract, G league, PEDs, half the starters with major injuries in the Finals, up and under to get to the FT line, flopping, 60% of games played at the FT line or the 3. Not a real big man in the game....Fat Doncic owning the best team in the West.

Yeah real studs today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But of course no big deal when the Heat load managed their stars last year to the point of not being able to field an 8-man roster for a road game against the Spurs that was the second night of a back to back for them, earning them a postponement and the ability to replay that game with rest.
    And the list goes on and on...

-Raptors and Clippers both let Kawhi sit out like 20-30 games a season for "load management"
    -OKC held out a perfectly healthy Al Horford just so they could tank
    -LeBron and AD regularly sit out games for rest
    -Ben Simmons sat out an entire season because of a hurt feelings and a "bad back" and still collected checks

I'm sure Silver was just joking, but it's honestly bull that he wants to call out the Spurs when he has let all of this stuff happen under his regime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi taking years off at a time, fat s like Zion who cannot stay in shape for a 250m dollar contract, G league, PEDs, half the starters with major injuries in the Finals, up and under to get to the FT line, flopping, 60% of games played at the FT line or the 3. Not a real big man in the game....Fat Doncic owning the best team in the West.

Yeah real studs today
    The lack of big man argument is false tbh. I mean KD is 6’10. Giannis is 6’11. Even fat boy Luka is 6’8. Jokic and Embiid are just as talented as any big men ever. But they can all do more than just post up in the block. I mean Giannis gets for like just being able to dunk but nobody says to Shaq about it.

And Kawhi tore his ACL. I’m not sure why you brought him up. But yeah if you want to point to Zions weight then I can point to Oliver Miller who is half the athlete Zion is. I can even bring up Barkley who was shorter than Zion and admitted to weighing the same. I mean Glen Davis made the league ffs.

Stars always got the whistle so bringing up free throws is stupid. And they called touch fouls like crazy for the stars too back in the day. Nobody more so than Jordan. Everybody points out the Pistons, but literally every other team in the NBA DIDNT foul Jordan hard like that. He got touch foul after touch foul. Jordan’s constant whining is literally what brought upon the flagrant foul. The dude cried his entire career about these tough fouls.

Thread Information