Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-minus 84 minutes, amigo. I'm okay with them not extending Murray as long as they don't extend DeRozan.

prayingdog.jpg
    Yup - in a perfect world Dejounte gets extended in the range you mentioned and DeRozan stays as-is. But if they don’t extend anyone I am totally fine maintaining what they have now, which is flexibility, then seeing what this team needs come the trade deadline/offseason.

Proceed with caution SA. You have a good young core especially considering no lottery picks and potentially a ton of flexibility with LMA small guarantee, DeRozan option and no extensions committed to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great deal provided Instagram continues his trajectory and stays healthy. Though it's all a moot point if they decide to extend Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Done!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call LJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup - in a perfect world Dejounte gets extended in the range you mentioned and DeRozan stays as-is. But if they don’t extend anyone I am totally fine maintaining what they have now, which is flexibility, then seeing what this team needs come the trade deadline/offseason.

Proceed with caution SA. You have a good young core especially considering no lottery picks and potentially a ton of flexibility with LMA small guarantee, DeRozan option and no extensions committed to.
    seems you’re not up to date yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems you’re not up to date yet...
    Yeah that happens when something gets announced mid-typing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call, timvpimp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I stand corrected. I really thought Murray would hold out and get a lot more next summer. Maybe he could have, but that's not how he wanted to play it. Let's hope he dramatically out plays this deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I stand corrected. I really thought Murray would hold out and get a lot more next summer. Maybe he could have, but that's not how he wanted to play it. Let's hope he dramatically out plays this deal.
    I mean, if there were real thoughts he could be 100M guy based off potential, he doesn’t even have to improve to the degree we hope for this type of deal to be solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, maybe hindsight, but Dejounte always struck me as a “Danny Green” type. What I mean is that when people asked Danny about taking a discount, he would respond with “I don’t think I did, I think I got a lot of money and I love the organization”.

Dejounte struck me as similar. He came from nothing, he has a great head on his shoulders and knows that haggling over some millions when you are gettin paid this much borders on bullsh*t even if it’s justified.

He’s claimed the Spurs literally saved his life and with all those pieces being put together, I am not surprised he signed for this money as its both fair and truly life changing for him personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, maybe hindsight, but Dejounte always struck me as a “Danny Green” type. What I mean is that when people asked Danny about taking a discount, he would respond with “I don’t think I did, I think I got a lot of money and I love the organization”.

Dejounte struck me as similar. He came from nothing, he has a great head on his shoulders and knows that haggling over some millions when you are gettin paid this much borders on bullsh*t even if it’s justified.

He’s claimed the Spurs literally saved his life and with all those pieces being put together, I am not surprised he signed for this money as its both fair and truly life changing for him personally.
    I bet you clapped during the credits of Avengers: Endgame tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe in hindsight that's how fans will view it. In real time, Spurs fans saw it as "brashness" and that he was brainwashed by Rich Paul and Klutch and needed to be traded ASAP, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also thought he’d hold out for more but it was a good call for him and his team to take this deal now. His track record was short due to the injury and the rook season spent on the Gleague. It’s very clear that both the Spurs and him wanted yo get this done and Dejounte must have factored in the full guarantee and be aware of how much of your life can change with an ill timed injury. Props to Klutch for not steering him towards a wait and see approach be it would be a gamble that other players have taken before and not panned out sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe in hindsight that's how fans will view it. In real time, Spurs fans saw it as "brashness" and that he was brainwashed by Rich Paul and Klutch and needed to be traded ASAP, etc.
    Spurs fans saw Dejounte talking about the organization like that? I saw many that took umbrage with him posting in IG, but never his comments on the ORG/Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fuk does that even mean

But yeah, I’m always looking for that emotional angle tbh...It’s real. It exists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans saw Dejounte talking about the organization like that?
    Many viewed it as part of his IG Balla persona, ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would an extremely raw player coming off a season long injury demand max contract money?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great outcome today:
    1. Good deal for DJ
    2. no DDR extension
    3. Letting the market set price for Poeltl
    4. Sets market for Derrick White next year
    Last edited by CGD; 10-21-2019 at 05:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp with the goods per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fuk does that even mean

But yeah, I’m always looking for that emotional angle tbh...It’s real. It exists.
    It's why you're my guy, Deeps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty compared to Infinity Wars tbh fwiw IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would an extremely raw player coming off a season long injury demand max contract money?
    You do realize ACL injuries aren’t what they used to be, right?

There are dozens of other injuries that would be worse in a player like Murray. Achilles, back, shoulders, foot (lisfranc), etc. are all much worse. He might not be 100% right now, but almost certainly wil be soon.

Very little risk here.

Thread Information