Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron opened the door by being the first monumental FA to change teams in 14 years, since Shaq. He played by the rules, but got where he wanted, and brought his friends with him. Other players saw that, wanted n on the action, and skipped a few steps, like waiting for free agency, but the progression was inevitable.
    No way, might as well blame every free agent who ever left a team then. Miami was going nowhere after Shaq got old so they smartly set themselves up to have two max slots. Can't hold Riley being smart and the Cavs GM being stupid against LeBron.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ But wasn’t Lebron the GM in Cleveland?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also blame Silver and the Spurs for being more concerned with upholding their reputations than doing the right thing.

As an aside, I'm tired of the agenda driven national media attempting to protect these divas with this foolish notion that they're just evening the playing field because teams can trade them at any time without warning or reason. That doesn't apply to 99% of the elite (the only exception in recent memory was when the Bulls decided against offering Butler the supermax), who are the ones in question and are catered to.

They have a right to request a trade for whatever reason(s), but it's imperative the in bents are able to maximize return.
    This. They allowed Nephew to sit out an entire season without any repercussions. The Spurs even allowed the media to slander them by saying it was their fault and a misdiagnosis that caused the wedge. They should have been fined him or suspended him or they could have even ruled him out for the season. Instead they kowtowed to Nephew's every demand, and got the short end of the stick because of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs shouldn't've done any of that spiteful . It would've been good for fan catharsis, but it that's it. Rather, the Spurs should've traded his ass the moment he started pulling this like the Jazz did with Williams. Yes, Leonard's antics depressed his value, but it was closer to true in the previous off-season when Kawhi first wanted out. Obviously, you live and learn, and it makes sense that SA tried to make it work. But if the team could get a time machine and go back, they should've taken offers like Tatum-plus that Boston was "reportedly" offering before they lowered their offer to Brown and the SAC pick. Or , trade him to LA before doing so became a potential PR nightmare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' tendency to keep everything in house bit them in the ass with Neph. Their reputation still isn't great because of how the Kawhi-aligned media propped him up. ESPN desperately wanted him in LA and detested SA for not immediately sending him there. The Spurs should have told their side of the story. It's like Obama -- go high when they go low. No, ing obliterate the mother ers. Or at least don't be a placid automaton. Tell your side.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Or you have surrogates say it for you. Not that it happened much other than Bowen trying and getting punished.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a sweepstakes?

Isn't that like a sweepstakes to see who gets to adopt the autistic kid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the suggested Simmons' trades circulating are cracking me up. Simmons for Levine is the latest one I've heard.

For some reason the media keeps suggesting that Philadelphia is somehow going to get better with whatever trade happens. I personally don't see how they get equal or better value. Simmons has fvcked them the same way Kawhi bent over the Spurs' FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the suggested Simmons' trades circulating are cracking me up. Simmons for Levine is the latest one I've heard.

For some reason the media keeps suggesting that Philadelphia is somehow going to get better with whatever trade happens. I personally don't see how they get equal or better value. Simmons has fvcked them the same way Kawhi bent over the Spurs' FO.
    I don’t know, but DJ + Young could really help the Sixers. DJ is a long and an All-NBA quality defensive guard. He doesn’t need to be overly creative with Embiid, and who can shoot the ball. While Young is a very good glue guy who can hit shots and defend. Spurs offer (if they’re making this offer), plus fillers and picks, actually is very compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, but DJ + Young could really help the Sixers. DJ is a long and an All-NBA quality defensive guard. He doesn’t need to be overly creative with Embiid, and who can shoot the ball. While Young is a very good glue guy who can hit shots and defend. Spurs offer (if they’re making this offer), plus fillers and picks, actually is very compe ive.
    I don't want picks offered if they're getting Young. They can have the Chicago pick if they're getting Dejounte and Young and that's it other than cap filler like Aminu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah. And Simmons just does not fit even slightly with the current Bulls. The reason why it's a rumour was because Lavine hasn't signed an extension. He also made comments like 'I want respect'. Eg, he wants a max.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The major media arms are doing Klutch's bidding. There has been little to no market for Simmons through this entire charade, yet they're coming up with preposterous in order to make it seem like he's desired. It's absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole narrative that Klutch is leaking trade ideas is so ill-conceived. They want Simmons traded, but it's not in their interest if he's traded for a lot. If they're leaking, it'd be things to make Philly look bad and to create sympathy for Simmons wanting out. Leonard's group leaked all kinds of about the Spurs, but they never got accused to leaking trade ideas. Why? Because it didn't make sense. The leaks, in so far as they were from primary sources, came from teams trying to strengthen their position/negotiating through the media. It makes WAY more sense to assume that Philly is leaking bad offers and other teams are leaking okay offers, since it's in Philly's best interest at this point to paint the narrative that they're only being offered crap and in the interest of the other teams to create pressure for Philly to get off their asking price to take the "reasonable offers" being made. But Klutch? They have nothing to do with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think leaks like the article I posted above are from Klutch. It's paints Philly in a bad light. Klutch wants Simmons in a place that can build around him (their focus is on the next contract). That means they don't want to increase his value so the team acquiring him has to gut their assets to get him. That's a recipe for failure and doesn't make the most money in the long haul.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article that Simmons rejecting teammates to coming out to visit him to try and convince him to report (theathletic).

guessing 76ers will pay him, but then fine him to recoup losses if he doesn't report before 1st game of season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Article that Simmons rejecting teammates to coming out to visit him to try and convince him to report (theathletic).

guessing 76ers will pay him, but then fine him to recoup losses if he doesn't report before 1st game of season.
    Guessing they'll trade him for pennies on the dollar rather than pay him half his salary upfront next Friday. Otherwise they'd only be able to take money from him if he's still on the team halfway into the season. Not like Simmons is going to pay their fines out of his own cash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole narrative that Klutch is leaking trade ideas is so ill-conceived. They want Simmons traded, but it's not in their interest if he's traded for a lot. If they're leaking, it'd be things to make Philly look bad and to create sympathy for Simmons wanting out. Leonard's group leaked all kinds of about the Spurs, but they never got accused to leaking trade ideas. Why? Because it didn't make sense. The leaks, in so far as they were from primary sources, came from teams trying to strengthen their position/negotiating through the media. It makes WAY more sense to assume that Philly is leaking bad offers and other teams are leaking okay offers, since it's in Philly's best interest at this point to paint the narrative that they're only being offered crap and in the interest of the other teams to create pressure for Philly to get off their asking price to take the "reasonable offers" being made. But Klutch? They have nothing to do with that.
    Klutch wants him traded and traded to where he wants. They're failing in the second regard because he's a complete up who you can't play in the fourth and has never improved because he's a lazy asshole. They, with the happy help of ESPN and other craven media arms, are trying to create a market for him by claiming these big trades are not only possible but what teams want. When anyone paying attention know there's nothing there for him. He's going to Minnesota or maybe Sacramento.

It's an embarrassing display by these media heads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, WTF happened to Base that got him banned?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free muh Bum tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/ChrisJHoops/stat...603236358?s=19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, WTF happened to Base that got him banned?
    spammed nba forum with threads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spammed nba forum with threads
    Spammed nba forum as nothing was done to derp for spamming nba forum with boatload of “All inclusive” threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free muh Bum tbh

TBH, bringing down the NBA forum like that was pretty damn funny. I can think of a lot of idiots I'd ban before banning BB for that prank.

Doesn't he have a right to a fair trial?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free OG bb!

Thread Information