Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread, I don't pay much attention to whatever agenda the Phoenix media is trying to push with the Suns these days, but is there any talk, at all, about Lon Babby's job being in jeopardy? In the 5+ years that fat has had complete control of basketball operations and hasn't even been able to milk one playoff birth out of the team, he's scapegoated Alvin Genry (the best Suns coach in the last 20+ years) + Lance Blanks (the GM he hand picked), and now he gets to scapegoat the head coach he hand picked? It's crazy how much Sarver has been able to destroy/mismanage this team.
    No one here supports that crap.

That said, I think that many of you all largely believe that things such as witchcraft are simply myths from the past - i.e. non-existent, consigned to fairytaledom...

If you've never experienced or seen demonic manifestations first hand you probably would have every right to be skeptical.

When I was 22, I was visiting a church in southern Mexico (in the state of Chiapas) and they brought in a 12 year old boy, who clearly was not 'right'. There were several pastors there and they took him to a separate room and started praying (and asked the rest of us to pray in intercession from the sanctuary)... It was a humid August day, with temperatures exceeding 90°F as early as 8:00 AM every morning - and yet as soon as we begun praying the temperature in the building dropped to the point where you could see ice crystals forming in our exhalations (and no, the building was not equipped with an A/C system and the windows and door themselves were wide open). We were all visibly shaken but this manifestation was clearly "unnatural". After about an hour everyone came out of that room and the boy looked completely restored. There were even scratches on his arms and his face that had visibly disappeared and the color of his skin had warmed up. His parents were VERY grateful with us and wouldn't stop hugging their child. By that time, the towns' folk had gathered around the church in complete and total awe of what had just transpired. We were later told that the little boy had been afflicted for several months before the parents decided to come to the evangelical church for our help. This stuff is very real. You just don't see it in the U.S. as much. And this is not an isolated incident... I've seen similar manifestations on at least 3 other occasions. (Tragically that church was burned down by an indigenous tribe last year and several close brothers in the faith were murdered in the incident).

The point is... YOU all are skeptical of what you don't understand. What you all don't want to believe out of convenience to your positions/world-perspective. You all constantly forage the forum for continued justification of your general disbelief finding all sorts of articles and discussion points written from the same skeptical perspective to keep fostering and bolstering said position. It's fine... you all are en led to do that. To believe whatever you want.

To be clear... the Nigerian church is clearly in the wrong here...

But the question I have is why bring this up with such accusational light against Christianity in general? ("Why aren't any other people - Christians specifically - condemning this???"). The answer is simple. They don't know about it. Because if they did, they would most certainly intercede - despite the religious climate there. It's not easy to venture into Nigeria these days... especially not as a Christian.

I wonder if RG has seen the videos of 1,000s of Christians (women, children, men, elderly) being brutally beaten and burned alive in Nigeria? Where is his outrage on that front?

And I ask that simply to present the context that explains why corrective action on part of the church is not something that can happen immediately (given the instability and religious volatility of the country).

My 2¢

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - "Bledsoe should be an elite defender, but he half-asses his way through too many possessions."

- Zach Lowe - ESPN

---

- "I asked him nice once. The dum-dum said 'no.'"

- AmyDuncan - gym owner

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

That said, I think that many of you all largely believe that things such as witchcraft are simply myths from the past - i.e. non-existent, consigned to fairytaledom...

If you've never experienced or seen demonic manifestations first hand you probably would have every right to be skeptical.

When I was 22, I was visiting a church in southern Mexico (in the state of Chiapas) and they brought in a 12 year old boy, who clearly was not 'right'. There were several pastors there and they took him to a separate room and started praying (and asked the rest of us to pray in intercession from the sanctuary)... It was a humid August day, with temperatures exceeding 90°F as early as 8:00 AM every morning - and yet as soon as we begun praying the temperature in the building dropped to the point where you could see ice crystals forming in our exhalations (and no, the building was not equipped with an A/C system and the windows and door themselves were wide open). We were all visibly shaken but this manifestation was clearly "unnatural". After about an hour everyone came out of that room and the boy looked completely restored. There were even scratches on his arms and his face that had visibly disappeared and the color of his skin had warmed up. His parents were VERY grateful with us and wouldn't stop hugging their child. By that time, the towns' folk had gathered around the church in complete and total awe of what had just transpired. We were later told that the little boy had been afflicted for several months before the parents decided to come to the evangelical church for our help. This stuff is very real. You just don't see it in the U.S. as much. And this is not an isolated incident... I've seen similar manifestations on at least 3 other occasions. (Tragically that church was burned down by an indigenous tribe last year and several close brothers in the faith were murdered in the incident).

The point is... YOU all are skeptical of what you don't understand. What you all don't want to believe out of convenience to your positions/world-perspective. You all constantly forage the forum for continued justification of your general disbelief finding all sorts of articles and discussion points written from the same skeptical perspective to keep fostering and bolstering said position. It's fine... you all are en led to do that. To believe whatever you want.

But the question I have is why bring this up with such accusational light against Christianity in general? ("Why aren't any other people - Christians specifically - condemning this???"). The answer is simple. They don't know about it. Because if they did, they would most certainly intercede - despite the religious climate there. It's not easy to venture into Nigeria these days... especially not as a Christian.

I wonder if RG has seen the videos of 1,000s of Christians (women, children, men, elderly) being brutally beaten and burned alive in Nigeria? Where is his outrage on that front?

And I ask that simply to present the context that explains why corrective action on part of the church is not something that can happen immediately (given the instability and religious volatility of the country).

My 2¢
    what the is this?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My 2¢
    Thank you for being so kind, Joe.

I know you are a supporter of Senator Obama, so you're patience with me means a lot.

I have had the thought more than once throughout this election process, primaries included, " I wonder if Senator Obama is the anti-christ?" .

It is just a thought that has stayed in the back of my mind and because of that I am waiting to see how it plays out.
    As I tried to stress, it is not an accusation I can prove or even fully explain- but rather a gut feeling that I am still investigating.
    I feel I owe it to myself to take my concerns seriously and investigate them, no matter how unreasonable or outrageous they may seem.

PeeWee- I left for work as you were posting and am just now able to respond to you. I appreciate the information you gave me and I will consider it.

I plan to read some of Senator Obama's writings and will see if that does not clarify things for me.

Again thank you for the information.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hemi

That's precisely how it happened.

Porter was a no nonsense type and was not a favorite "Son." There were going to be no buddy-buddy interviews, light comedy, scratchin' Media's back & in return having your's scratched when necessa. They got him out of town immediately and things returned to normal.
    He portrayed himself as a no nonsense type but he really wasn't, especially when it came to interviews and interactions with the media. I've never seen a more sycophantic coach clamor for the media's approval the way he did. All his press conferences consisted of was him saying whatever D'antoni wouldn't say because the political climate around the Suns, at the time, was to move as far away from D'antoniball as possible.

As far the players go, they walked all over him and he didn't do about it. Shaq took himself in and out of games whenever he wanted to and Nash/Amare would ignore him, but none of them ever got benched or disciplined. The next year, there were several occasions when Gentry benched Amare for extended periods until he started to consistently play defense/rebound. Porter never considered benching the big name players, the furthest he was willing to go was scheduling early morning arts and crafts sessions where grown men were told to make collages.

He was publicly downgraded (he would no longer be the face of the front office) at the end of last season, but, it was done inau iously. During this current crisis he has not been mentioned whatsoever.
    so they moved him to a cushy "advisory" role where he'll be far enough removed to not be blamed for the problems he created? I'm beginning to think the guy has pictures of Sarver naked in a closet with an 8 year old boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Thank you for being so kind, Joe.

I know you are a supporter of Senator Obama, so you're patience with me means a lot.

I have had the thought more than once throughout this election process, primaries included, " I wonder if Senator Obama is the anti-christ?" .

It is just a thought that has stayed in the back of my mind and because of that I am waiting to see how it plays out.
    As I tried to stress, it is not an accusation I can prove or even fully explain- but rather a gut feeling that I am still investigating.
    I feel I owe it to myself to take my concerns seriously and investigate them, no matter how unreasonable or outrageous they may seem.

PeeWee- I left for work as you were posting and am just now able to respond to you. I appreciate the information you gave me and I will consider it.

I plan to read some of Senator Obama's writings and will see if that does not clarify things for me.

Again thank you for the information.
    that one's got Angel_Luv written all over it

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    oh , it's the jeebo who gave me the le of most obnoxious atheist on ST.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    From NODACK over at Mori's Joint:::

"When Morris threw the towel at Hornecek it was reported that Goodwin was yucking it up and getting a good laugh from it. I wonder if there was any repercussions from that?"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A good article by Gambo over at 98.7. He's a tail gunner, but, this is swell:::

http://arizonasports.com/story/50301...t-good-enough/

The Suns biggest problem? Their players aren’t good enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh , it's the jeebo who gave me the le of most obnoxious atheist on ST.
    I was devastated to lose that le

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gleaned from the Gambo article:::

[[[And let’s not forget that the Suns followed up the loss of Amar’e Stoudemire a few years back with Hedo Turkoglu, Hakim Warrick and Josh Childress.]]]

The fortification affair.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Gleaned from the Gambo article:::

[[[And let’s not forget that the Suns followed up the loss of Amar’e Stoudemire a few years back with Hedo Turkoglu, Hakim Warrick and Josh Childress.]]]

The fortification affair.
    Gambo is a front running pussy who loves to publish articles like that one, pretending he knew all along that x player or y player is overpaid when at the time x or y player was signed he was lauding the signing as a great move.

Everything he said in that article could have been said in the pre-season. The best part is that of all the front office personnel/coaches he name drops in the article as possible culprits, he won't touch his boys Sarver or Babby when they're the two people who have overseen everything.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    From NODACK over at Mori's Joint:::

"When Morris threw the towel at Hornecek it was reported that Goodwin was yucking it up and getting a good laugh from it. I wonder if there was any repercussions from that?"
    Thready lookin' in the window at my place from the cold outside.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Re: Markieff Morris Watch

by Indy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:31 pm
    Mori Chu wrote:That pick (((the Lakers pick))) is going to be #1-5 in the draft, for sure. And we'll groan about what a good draft it is and how much we wish we had a top-5 pick. We got fleeced.

It is very possible that we could have had 2 picks in the top 5. It could have really set us up...

Indy Posts: 2844Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

by Mori Chu » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:47 pm
    This franchise has traded away so many top draft picks in the past 10-12 years. It's heartbreaking.

Mori Chu Posts: 3472Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

---------

tee, hee.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Word on the street is that if the Lakers beat the Suns tomorrow nite Sarver will fire Horny once he touches down out at Sky Harbor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word on the street is that if the Lakers beat the Suns tomorrow nite Sarver will fire Horny once he touches down out at Sky Harbor.
    Watcha think? Not the word on the street. You think a Lakers loss will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Gave up 142 tonight to the Kings. That's alright if the game goes to 2OT or 3OT....this was in regulation though. Not looking too good for ole' Horny.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    THE LATEST:::

The Suns FO decree that all players have assigned seats on the bench during games. When you are subs uted for you must assume the seat next to an assistant coach in order that he is able to coach you up.

+ they went bowling yesterday afternoon.

Thread Information