Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should package belinelli and forbes for Covington and if we have to give a pick then do it. That gets us our 3 and preserves the MLE.

Then take our MLE and go to Phoenix and try to pry Oubre away. This ones a longer shot but if they really don't want to pay him and he cant get more than the mid level elsewhere, offer it to him in S&T giving the suns a small asset (2nd and Metu). It's not the best value for them but if they don't want to pay and are being cheap they might bite.

In that scenario you still have a roster spot to give the minimum to a 3rd big. You can go Trey Lyles or Koufus...somebody to log minutes here or there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People dont understand the salary cap or cba what so ever.
    Why should they? They're casual sports fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who’s pulling out all the sauces today???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't we better off just signing an old veteran on a minimum deal, like say, Brewer, and then waiting until the buyout market and see if we can use some or all of the MLE to outbid the best buyout guy? Certainly Iguodala is a possibility if he gets bought out and the Spurs are in the playoff race.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL why? Crowder basically a worse version of Carroll.
    Because he's actually attainable.

Covington is a pipe dream, we don't have the pieces to give up for him without creating a hole.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That GM apparently doesn't see him as good since hes let it be known that hes shopping him. Also, that GM just declined to match Tyus Jones because hes trying to clear cap space for next summer. If he can get expiring contract and a 1st for Covington he'll take it. It accomplishes what hes trying to get done there.
    You're significantly undervaluing Covington if you think an expiring plus 1 of our 1sts is enough.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livingston just got released, we can try him at Power Forward

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're significantly undervaluing Covington if you think an expiring plus 1 of our 1sts is enough.
    No...not really...a young play on a friendly contract (forbes), cap space, (Bellinelli), and a 1st will get it done. We may not go after him but he won't bring more than that coming off of a surgery for a team trying to hoard cap space for 2020.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...not really...a young play on a friendly contract (forbes), cap space, (Bellinelli), and a 1st will get it done. We may not go after him but he won't bring more than that coming off of a surgery for a team trying to hoard cap space for 2020.
    You're dreaming. Forbes is 26 in a couple days. He's significantly older than their core and expiring. He's just cap space to them. 20 teams outbid that offer for Covington.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're dreaming. Forbes is 26 in a couple days. He's significantly older than their core and expiring. He's just cap space to them. 20 teams outbid that offer for Covington.
    Well....we'll see....book mark it...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't we better off just signing an old veteran on a minimum deal, like say, Brewer, and then waiting until the buyout market and see if we can use some or all of the MLE to outbid the best buyout guy? Certainly Iguodala is a possibility if he gets bought out and the Spurs are in the playoff race.
    100%, wait for buyout market at this point. And if nothing materializes, you can use the MLE on Nikola (can’t you do that up until start of next league year?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this dead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough of the soft-ass Euros. We need ballers who want to win and play like they give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this dead?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this dead?
    Not sure. I've been told that the possibility of trading Marco was still strong, but isn't sure if it's 100% happening and that the whole Marcus Morris thing could have something to do with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure. I've been told that the possibility of trading Marco was still strong, but isn't sure if it's 100% happening and that the whole Marcus Morris thing could have something to do with it.
    Still want Morris to sign, but it'll be interesting to see what the Plan B is (unless it's just stand pat).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point there's no point to trading marco with the goal of signing a free agent player, though. we can just use the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point there's no point to trading marco with the goal of signing a free agent player, though. we can just use the MLE.

Yea this s doa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull thread. Time to delete it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still fine with a salary dump of Belinelli. Any way to get him off the team. I can already picture games the Spurs lose because Pop has to play Beli, otherwise it “won’t be fair to the team .” And like Pau was, he would up the momentum after guys like Lonnie have a nice showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my source. Not sure who the other player(s) is /are, but the Spurs might not be done this off season. Spurs looking to get a forward who can shoot from beyond the arc.
    Was the Trey Lyles signing the only backup? Maybe they are still looking?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point would be to make a rosters spot - currently we have none free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just end this thread already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just end this thread already
    This ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One would think Morris being a b*tch a**, punk a**, trick a**, hoe a** buster would bolster SA resolve to trade and improve the team.

Thread Information