Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is ing trash. Brazil was right, that preseason was a fluke and Joff doesn’t belong on an nba roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've recently had the finger injury that joff has. I'll give him a pass for that, cause I couldn't do with my hand let alone play basketball.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, are they not the same person? Joff Ayers right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joff is a delusional player. He actually believes that he's Hakeem or Duncan out there as evident by his play in this game.
    Ayres knew his role at least. He sucked but never tried to do too much. Lauvergne is calling for the ball on way too many possessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Joff if he can figure out his role

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss Dedmon -even if Pop hates him- and David Lee.
    Sure David Lee got hurt... but all indications showed that he, like Parker had healed enough to be serviceable this season. He is a natural roll guy on the pick and roll and understands passing angles. Was a hustle player who often found the occasional offensive board. He is a vet who understood his role and did it well. It took him some time, but Lee was playing well with the second unit. Certainly, better than Joff.

It would be speculative on my part, but Pop probably didn't "fight hard" to retain Lee's services because like Dedmon, Lee didn't ideologically align himself with the gestapo thought police.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/20/david-lee-trump-vote/

If that's the case, what is the point of expounding the virtues of "tolerance for all" when really that isn't the case with left-leaning demagogues. If Pop prioritized his political ideology above the needs of the team, shame on him - especially when that has nothing to do with Basketball or with Lee's character on or off the hardwood.

I still think Joff has a chance to be a good player. He is younger and has good upside. But waiting on his development doesn't help the Spurs' "win now" objective.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Errors. Its not close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Ayres didn't try to finish at the rim, he knew he couldn't. This frenchie Joffrey is getting real minutes and attacks the rim like terry shaivo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure David Lee got hurt... but all indications showed that he, like Parker had healed enough to be serviceable this season. He is a natural roll guy on the pick and roll and understands passing angles. Was a hustle player who often found the occasional offensive board. He is a vet who understood his role and did it well. It took him some time, but Lee was playing well with the second unit. Certainly, better than Joff.

It would be speculative on my part, but Pop probably didn't "fight hard" to retain Lee's services because like Dedmon, Lee didn't ideologically align himself with the gestapo thought police.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/20/david-lee-trump-vote/

If that's the case, what is the point of expounding the virtues of "tolerance for all" when really that isn't the case with left-leaning demagogues. If Pop prioritized his political ideology above the needs of the team, shame on him - especially when that has nothing to do with Basketball or with Lee's character on or off the hardwood.

I still think Joff has a chance to be a good player. He is younger and has good upside. But waiting on his development doesn't help the Spurs' "win now" objective.
    Well, to be fair, if Lee's real IQ is that of a re , then why would his basketball IQ be any better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee got injured and while he was rehabbing in the summer he got engaged. He just retired recently. He’d gotten injuries every season the past 3 or 4 seasons in the league and I think he really was considering retiring anyways but getting engaged and prioritizing other things in life finally made up his mind for him. At some point playing for the vet minimum while risking injuries again is not better than getting married and pursuing other things in life.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's that got that said Joff was better than Jordan Bell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayres and it is not even close. He had trouble catching passes and dunking the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it's almost like joff was a guy they got on the cheap who probably shouldn't start for a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another strike from the HotS recommendations list. Hopefully he’ll never be the GM for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another strike from the HotS recommendations list. Hopefully he’ll never be the GM for the Spurs.
    we'd be short 1 without

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, to be fair, if Lee's real IQ is that of a re , then why would his basketball IQ be any better?
    And THAT’s why people voted for Trump...

The left loves slapping all sorts of nefarious labels on conservatives. Elitist hypocrisy is what that amounts to... not all left leaning folks are crazy, and certainly not all conservatives. But the global painting of all conservatives as “stupid” is counterproductive and polarizing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Ayers a champion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disliked Ayers a lot due to his bad hands, but I think he was better defensively than Joff. still

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS ORtg DRtg
    1 Jeff Ayres 2013-14 26 73 10 952 5.4 9.2 .580 0.0 0.0 5.4 9.2 .580 2.0 2.9 .691 4.7 9.0 13.7 3.2 0.7 1.3 3.3 7.8 12.7 110 103
    2 Joffrey Lauvergne 2017-18 26 19 1 218 8.9 17.5 .507 0.0 0.7 .000 8.9 16.8 .528 2.8 4.7 .600 5.8 9.1 14.9 3.0 1.4 0.0 3.3 5.6 20.5 105 105

Advanced

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
    1 Jeff Ayres 2013-14 26 73 952 11.1 .605 .000 .316 11.0 19.2 15.3 8.6 0.7 1.9 24.1 12.4 1.0 1.4 2.4 .121 -1.6 2.1 0.5 0.6
    2 Joffrey Lauvergne 2017-18 26 19 218 14.9 .525 .040 .267 12.9 20.0 16.4 9.6 1.4 0.0 14.3 20.2 0.2 0.3 0.5 .106 -1.6 -0.6 -2.2 0.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we'd be short 1 without
    True that and Bobo reminds one of my favorite Spurs ever and that probably wipes away all the other ty recommendations of de Colo, Jean Charles and Joff. But I just feel Bobo was different from the recommendations of those other guys, seeing as he was still extremely talented in Charlotte but just stuck in a ty situation unlike the others (outside of Joff) who hadn't played a single game in the NBA. The Spurs knew who Diaw was and Diaw knew who the Spurs were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Errors is the worst spurs player to get average minutes since the Duncan era started. He didn’t even belong In the g league.

chinese league player at best

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think some of you remember just how bad Errors was tbh....

I'll give Joff this, at least he's not a clapper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And THAT’s why people voted for Trump...

The left loves slapping all sorts of nefarious labels on conservatives. Elitist hypocrisy is what that amounts to... not all left leaning folks are crazy, and certainly not all conservatives. But the global painting of all conservatives as “stupid” is counterproductive and polarizing.
    Get thee to the political forum. Your services are needed against the disease known as Liberalism.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Joff is slightly better but is asked to do (and tries to do) way too much. There's a reason he doesn't play much even with only 3 bigs on the roster and that he was available for the min.

Thread Information