Page 275 of 278 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278 LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 6947
    Post Count
    I'm seeing Clint Hurtt's name out there as potentially being offered the job already.

Has ties to Strong from Louisville. Currently with the Chicago Bears.
    This dude has got some extra baggage if he is the guy...
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ely-monitored/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    2012= 11-2
    2013=9-4
    2014= 8-5

Are you starting to see a trend here? I try and root for all texas football teams but I am big fan of Strong and Aggie's seem to think they are getting better with each season under Sumlin when the records say otherwise.
    A&M lost a lot before last season. Go back to every prediction thread there is and every Aggie had them winning around 8 games last year. It was to be expected with a freshman QB and the losses we experienced. We got a little ahead of ourselves after the South Carolina beatdown but that was quickly realized as false hope. Sumlin just signed his third outright recruiting class making his guys Juniors, Sophs and Freshman now. This upcoming year should be a double digit win season. Next year will be a roster made up of entirely Sumlin recruits.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Damn, all momentum UT had recruiting suddenly comes to a screeching stop. Expect new recruits to not let this go without saying there say so, gonna get ugly...Strong better start winning cause the moral and ethical selling points are now out the window
    bag move if true.
    I wouldn't get too high or too low as these assistant coaches live in a revolving door; Rumph's third job in three years. Unfortunately, we'll probably never get the real story. I hope it didn't go down the way it's being reported. Doesn't sound like there was even time for a counter offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FWIW, DE Charles Omenihu just started following Brick Haley of LSU.

Hopefully that's a hint and not just wishful thinking.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Higdon over at Scout tweeted the job has already been offered and Strong is waiting for a decision.

How do you guys post those tweets to these threads? Seems it never works for me?? Oh well.....

Post Count
    I wouldn't get too high or too low as these assistant coaches live in a revolving door; Rumph's third job in three years. Unfortunately, we'll probably never get the real story. I hope it didn't go down the way it's being reported. Doesn't sound like there was even time for a counter offer.
    At least Rumph didnt do a Bo Davis like a couple of seasons ago..Did I say Bo Davis, hmmmm

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Exactly. I'm not mad at Rumph for making a decision that brings him and his wife closer to their parents, but if he never even gave Strong a heads up, it's a bag move, IMO. Bobby Burton of 24/7 says Strong had no idea this was happening until SI broke the story yesterday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2012= 11-2
    2013=9-4
    2014= 8-5

Are you starting to see a trend here? I try and root for all texas football teams but I am big fan of Strong and Aggie's seem to think they are getting better with each season under Sumlin when the records say otherwise.
    Let them believe they are in for a double digit win season

Post Count

I doubt its a hint, kid probably have seen same names mentioned on shaggy and other sites...But you never know i guess

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

LSU fans really seemed to want to get rid of Chavis and Haley. I do like Haley though, and his track record.

FootballScoop had Utahs Ilaisa Tuiaki as a finalist for their DL coach of the year. Utah's defense had 52 sacks in 12 games (4,33 sacks per game) and only one other team (Stanford in 2012, 4,07 sacks per game) has managed to average more than 4 sacks a year since they started these "awards". Utah's defense also had 100 TFL's which was fourth in the country. I know Tuiaki won't be the guy, but I think he is intriguing.

I think the early offer that Higdon reports is to former Louisville DL coach and current Chicago Bears OLB coach Clint Hurtt.

EDIT: FootballScoop also mentions Ikaika Malloe of Utah State. Utah State was 3rd in the country in sacks (more than 50), 2nd in TFL's, 16th in yards per carry. He was also Portland States Special Teams Coordinator in 2013. He had an All-American punter (led the nation in net yardage), Portland State blocked 7 punts/FG's, held opponents to conference low 14,5 yards per kick return which was good for 2nd in the nation. Strong wanted a guy at the TE position with a ST background. Malloe has that. But like Tuiaki, It's not going to be him.
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 02-06-2015 at 03:44 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Higdon over at Scout tweeted the job has already been offered and Strong is waiting for a decision.

How do you guys post those tweets to these threads? Seems it never works for me?? Oh well.....
    Hopefully someone can post the instructions again.

Post Count
    Huh? I have no problem Texas having the 6-7 charlie strong and his core values. Guy is the next Fran.
    What did Fran ever win anywhere? Strong already has a BCS bowl victory under his belt as a head coach and two national les as a defensive coordinator. How many BCS bowl victories does the entrie A&M program have?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Core values baby!!! Charlie is such an honorable man!
    Maybe be he should stop being such a whiney, primadonna . Do these recruits have pussies? Cause they act like thirteen year old girls.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scout saying Jeff Traylor of Gilmer is a candidate to join the Texas staff.

24/7 mentioned yesterday another successful high school coach is supposed to meet with Strong next week. I'm assuming they were referring to Traylor.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No idea if this is legit, but apparently this is the coin that RB Chris Warren III "flipped" on Signing Day...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This upcoming year should be a double digit win season.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What did Fran ever win anywhere? Strong already has a BCS bowl victory under his belt as a head coach and two national les as a defensive coordinator. How many BCS bowl victories does the entrie A&M program have?
    Fran's resume was pretty solid before A&M, tbh. I thought it was a five star hire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting Strong found out about Rumph's plan when the Sports Illustrated report was published.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    MSN

How about the recruiting sites?
    I posted the average of all the sites combined earlier in this thread.

No idea if this is legit, but apparently this is the coin that RB Chris Warren III "flipped" on Signing Day...

I think it was meant as a joke but not truly sure. Warrens dad tweeted a photo of Chris saying he's always dreamt of being a Longhorn so I wonder if the coin flip was legitimate.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI 2016 QB Shea Patterson's brother is no longer on the LSU staff.

Rumors are the brother is headed to Ole Miss, but this may help Texas get back in the game if they don't feel good about Buechele.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You do know they're not necessarily saying that A&M had the better overall class, right?

But feel free to hang a recruiting championship banner up at Kyle

Thread Information