Page 155 of 171 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the #10 pick is better than Murray, especially considering that the salary is a wash and Bledsoe is trash. I wouldn't count on Bledsoe to back up anyone, his career is shattered and he's done.

Maybe if it was Murray into capspace or an exception for 10 I could get on board, but Bledsoe is such negative salary that the Spurs would be doing them a favor.

And there's probably going to be someone i like at 10, and a good chance no one I like left at 12. But I just don't see the juice as worth the squeeze. Maybe if they threw in some good seconds and one of their many future firsts. Because as it is they'd be turning their #10 into a ready to go starter while getting off the tirefire of Bledsoe. Too good a deal for them.
    The point of trading is to make the team better. Even though Murray may be better than 10, if 10 balances the team better the team will improve.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say;
    Murray > Bledsoe, but

Murray ? Bledsoe + Giddey or Sengun

plus we have #12

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say;
    Murray > Bledsoe, but

Murray ? Bledsoe + Giddey or Sengun

plus we have #12
    depends on what you do with bledsoe, if he is just a salary in this trade that's pretty bad.

Then it will be Giddey or Sengun for Murray and you have a 3 years contract of an average bledsoe...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point of trading is to make the team better. Even though Murray may be better than 10, if 10 balances the team better the team will improve.

you don't improve the team level by trading murray for a 10 pick imo and this team needs talent. maybe you're right, the team chemistry could be better but the team still average.

I will use Murray for a more sure thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    depends on what you do with bledsoe, if he is just a salary in this trade that's pretty bad.

Then it will be Giddey or Sengun for Murray and you have a 3 years contract of an average bledsoe...
    1 year for Bledsoe then a partial guarantee in year 2.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they’re still a few years away from doing trades for asset building. I think they’re still trying to build/maintain a family environment with their players. So DDR will likely either walk or we resign him. Hopefully, he walks. But if his market is dry, then that actually increases the chances of us resigning him if the price is something the FO likes. Hopefully not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 year for Bledsoe then a partial guarantee in year 2.

thanks mo

that doe'not change my point, if bledsoe is just a salary that's a bad deal for me.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 07-25-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Bledsoe contract is pretty nasty.
    Hmm, not sure it’s THAT nasty. Looks to be 18M next year and about the same following year but only partially guaranteed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe’s partial guarantee for 2022-23 is only $3.9M.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the rationale in not accepting a Murray for Bledsoe and 10 swap if you are willing to deal DJM at all. It's basically salary neutral, so it doesn't prevent a Collins signing or any other use of cap space. Bledsoe can back up White for a year. With both of their injury histories, it might make sense to bring in a bigger PG who might be able to fill in SG minutes if those become available, or the team might see a PG at 10 or 12 they'd want to develop. Or if the team decides to bring DeRozan back and stay over the cap, they'll have the ball-handling the team needs to survive with PGs with shaky health. Obviously, if the Spurs don't like multiple players in the 10-12 range, that diminishes the value of a pick. But considering how much value they were able to add to their 29th pick from 2016, maybe in a couple of years time, they'll have something even more valuable from the 10th pick in 2021.
    I agree with this. Murray + cap space relief for Bledsoe’s contract and 10 is a no brainer to me.

I suspect Bledsoe may even have some value at the trade deadline, and perhaps his agent will be motivated in trying to get him out of SA to help that along.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the #10 pick is better than Murray, especially considering that the salary is a wash and Bledsoe is trash. I wouldn't count on Bledsoe to back up anyone, his career is shattered and he's done.

Maybe if it was Murray into capspace or an exception for 10 I could get on board, but Bledsoe is such negative salary that the Spurs would be doing them a favor.

And there's probably going to be someone i like at 10, and a good chance no one I like left at 12. But I just don't see the juice as worth the squeeze. Maybe if they threw in some good seconds and one of their many future firsts. Because as it is they'd be turning their #10 into a ready to go starter while getting off the tirefire of Bledsoe. Too good a deal for them.
    I don’t know man. The moment has passed.

Let me be clear, i really like DJ but the franchise is about to enter uncharted waters. This doesnt feel like a “we’re a piece away from contending” world, but a “3 year retool” one (if we’re lucky).

And so, the Spurs need to start making hard decisions around some of the older “young guys.” One of those decisions is “White or Murray.” Both are on great cost/years controlled contract for an interested suitor. A move like this maximizes value for Murray, even if it means deal with Bledsoe for a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, New Orleans would kill a baby to get a rising young guard PLUS Casio relief for one day pick. What are you people thinking?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do the Grizzlies want? Franz Wagner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 Days until the Draft!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s salary dump, but NOLA wants to keep some value so the pick swap makes sense for them.

Gotta think Spurs can do better for 10…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies had cap space?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies had cap space?
    If they decline Winslow I believe they do..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if that site is reputable but I told you the Grizzlies were looking to move up. My su ion is that they want Wagner, but there could be someone else like a Moody for example.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies had cap space?
    They could have a little Bit more than 20 millions.

So the grizz would give a pick 17 for bledsoe + pick 10 but the spurs should offer Murray ?

I think that's the difference between a good and a bad deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have a little Bit more than 20 millions.

So the grizz would give a pick 17 for bledsoe + pick 10 but the spurs should offer Murray ?

I think that's the difference between a good and a bad deal.
    Why give up Murray for the 10th pick and Bledsoe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why give up Murray for the 10th pick and Bledsoe?
    to prevent future cap problems, to invest in other ball handling prospects, to get another cost controlled prospect with higher upside. Murray as our best player is the very definition of a treadmill team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do the Grizzlies want? Franz Wagner?
    Grizz are analytics driven drafters. So Wagner, Davion, Kispert, Duarte maybe Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Wagner overlap with Jackson way too much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly the Grizz seem to think the player(s) they want are gone by 17.

Thread Information