Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1677
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be give up for him? So fans want us to not s&t for derozan but will give up something for lauri

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not turning down that much money. A sign and trade will likely happen of he wants to reunite with lowry and with his boy Jimmy.
    Just as he doesn’t have to do any S&T he doesn’t want, neither do the Spurs. If the Spurs have a target in mind, like John Collins, they’ll HAVE to renounce DDR and his $40M cap hold, and that’ll be the end of the S&T.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do Lauri and a 1st for Demar in a S&T. At least Lauri can shoot and space the floor + the 1st could get us a nice future piece

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just stated on ESPN the Jump that the Bulls are interested in possibly doing a S&T with the Spurs for Lauri.
    It's funny because no matter how you slice it, DDR is the better player in that trade. Now if they want to give a draft pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because no matter how you slice it, DDR is the better player in that trade. Now if they want to give a draft pick...
    Thats different but where does it say demar to chicago?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst also said the Heat wanted to do a S&T with the Spurs for DeRozan that would’ve sent Iggy back. nah! Spurs supposedly rejected that offer telling them had a better S&T offer on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst also said the Heat wanted to do a S&T with the Spurs for DeRozan that would’ve sent Iggy back. nah! Spurs supposedly rejected that offer telling them had a better S&T offer on the table.

Its happening!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t see any way that it would have been just Iggy. There had to be better assets attached to that as Iggy imo is a negative asset. But glad to hear there is a better offer out there. Really hoping a good young player is involved or a solid fit like Lauri + a 1st round pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as he doesn’t have to do any S&T he doesn’t want, neither do the Spurs. If the Spurs have a target in mind, like John Collins, they’ll HAVE to renounce DDR and his $40M cap hold, and that’ll be the end of the S&T.
    I don't think the italicized is right. Giving up his cap hold means abandoning our right to match an offer he receives, not our Bird Rights to pay him more than the room we have left over (we did this once with Ginobili for example, give up our matching rights and then gave him a big contract with Bird Rights). We could still S&T him to a team that is limited to say the MLE, for more than the MLE...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whenever this site loads slow, it makes me think a big trade or signing just happened

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why Miami would like this trade. But what good is Iggy at this point in his career on a team in tank mode? I hope they were talking about throwing in other assets because the Spurs have no reason to make that trade unless they get a thrill out of making Miami more compe ive at their expense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think opposing front offices know by now they can fleece the Spurs. They just don't seem to get any good offers ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think opposing front offices know by now they can fleece the Spurs. They just don't seem to get any good offers ever
    This tbh

There's no other team I trust less when it comes to making a good trade than this clown regime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the italicized is right. Giving up his cap hold means abandoning our right to match an offer he receives, not our Bird Rights to pay him more than the room we have left over (we did this once with Ginobili for example, give up our matching rights and then gave him a big contract with Bird Rights). We could still S&T him to a team that is limited to say the MLE, for more than the MLE...
    We’ll have to disagree. When you renounce, you lose the Bird rights. The only thing you can do with the player at that point is to sign him into cap room, like any other player, because that is what he is: any NBA player. Your scenario basically s all over the concept of a cap hold.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar reportedly interested in new York now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar reportedly interested in new York now.
    Good. Go up their spacing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll have to disagree. When you renounce, you lose the Bird rights. The only thing you can do with the player at that point is to sign him into cap room, like any other player, because that is what he is: any NBA player. Your scenario basically s all over the concept of a cap hold.
    Basically, you can still S&T him but you can't go over your cap space to do it.. So if we have $48M in cap space, sign Collins to $28M/yr and renounce DDR, then we can only S&T DDR for $20M or less.....that's my understanding of the rules...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rj barrett must be thrilled derozan could be coming in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, you can still S&T him but you can't go over your cap space to do it.. So if we have $48M in cap space, sign Collins to $28M/yr and renounce DDR, then we can only S&T DDR for $20M or less.....that's my understanding of the rules...
    Right, and you’re renouncing Mills/Gay too in that scenario

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, and you’re renouncing Mills/Gay too in that scenario
    Correct...and Lyles..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Lauri and Thaddeus Young for DeMar?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Lauri and Thaddeus Young for DeMar?
    Young isn't on the Spurs timetable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams, Atlanta and Collins AREN’T close to an agreement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams, Atlanta and Collins AREN’T close to an agreement
    Throw him a max PATFO, I dare you.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, how much time is it until the floodgates open, and FAs can be signed? It's gotta be hours at this point, right?

Thread Information