Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am willing to be for being 100% wrong and bookmarked and all that BUT

We are bringing back the same team. Trade partners are getting scarcer and scarcer. I don't know what the market was to begin with for a player like DeRozan but he isn't going anywhere this year. I also don't know what was PATFO asking price for LMA, but he isn't going anywhere either. Rudy Gay is staying as well. In a time where Presti somehow got a first round pick for Chris Paul, we weren't able to do the same for our two "stars" on better contracts. It was the absolute wrong time to bring in a rookie GM. It was the absolute wrong time for Pop to be making the decisions. And it is the absolute wrong time for us to have done nothing roster wise.

The Spurs are going to bring back the exact same core to the team sans Marco

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patience is key lol while I agree this is BS that nothing has happened yet, draft day will be big trading day... and if you look around the league there’s plenty of teams who haven’t made any moves YET

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out the last post on DeRozens Twitter. He’s totally staying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, it will be frustrating if the Spurs do nothing. Jrue netted New Orleans three first round draft picks and Covington brought back two. If the Spurs can't get a single serviceable player or a single draft pick from DeRozan and Aldridge, it'll be unfortunate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it means not having to take back a player and contract like Wiggins then might as well run it back and let Aldridge and DeRozan walk next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just a reminder that PATFO traded Bertans and didn't even get a 2nd rounder in return. I don't expect them to do anything smart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patience is key lol while I agree this is BS that nothing has happened yet, draft day will be big trading day... and if you look around the league there’s plenty of teams who haven’t made any moves YET
    This. We may not know about any trades up until the moment the draft pick happens...like when we traded George Hill for the #15 pick (Kawhi).

Personally I'm not expecting much to happen, but I'm also not going to give up on it just because we weren't the first ones making deals right out the chute. The trade market hasn't even been open for 24 hours yet...give it some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We are bringing back the same team. Trade partners are getting scarcer and scarcer. I don't know what the market was to begin with for a player like DeRozan but he isn't going anywhere this year. I also don't know what was PATFO asking price for LMA, but he isn't going anywhere either. Rudy Gay is staying as well. In a time where Presti somehow got a first round pick for Chris Paul, we weren't able to do the same for our two "stars" on better contracts. It was the absolute wrong time to bring in a rookie GM. It was the absolute wrong time for Pop to be making the decisions. And it is the absolute wrong time for us to have done nothing roster wise.

Thoughts?
    Wright is powerless and a tool of the two winos running the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just a reminder that PATFO traded Bertans and didn't even get a 2nd rounder in return. I don't expect them to do anything smart
    Was that the new GM or was that RC/PATFO that did that?

I seem to recall it was around the time of the transition. Abd I also recall that it was done because they had to clear room for Morris that ed us so in reality a straight up "trade" of those two would have actually been a win for the Spurs. As it played out, clearly the Spurs took the huge L.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being on the outside, I have no idea about our rookie GM. Meaning, we are not going to know the inner dynamics. The fact that there are so many Spurs rumors is a positive in that it indicates we are, I think, pursuing options. However, typically, these rumors under Pop/RC have almost always been smoke screens. This conundrum makes it exciting and frustrating at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that the new GM or was that RC/PATFO that did that?

I seem to recall it was around the time of the transition. Abd I also recall that it was done because they had to clear room for Morris that ed us so in reality a straight up "trade" of those two would have actually been a win for the Spurs. As it played out, clearly the Spurs took the huge L.
    1. It doesn't matter who it was, Bertans was being shipped out cause he was on Pop's blacklist. He stopped playing him in the Denver series.
    2. I get that they did it to sign Morris, but they could've still asked for something in return. Besides that they should've never signed Carroll for the MLE to begin with

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to not make a single trade because of over valuing the players. Especially cant wait to hear the spurs drafting some completely overlooked euro kid at #11

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The incompetence of this front office is a sight to behold. One up after another for several years. They should have traded DeMar last off-season, and now everyone has figured out he's trash. They drafted some euro scrub with the 19th pick when he would've been available at the end of the draft. The Patty contact, the Pau debacle, the Carroll debacle, the bertans debacle... I could run this team better than these morons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many premature ejaculators in this thread

Just wait one more day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The incompetence of this front office is a sight to behold. One up after another for several years. They should have traded DeMar last off-season, and now everyone has figured out he's trash. They drafted some euro scrub with the 19th pick when he would've been available at the end of the draft. The Patty contact, the Pau debacle, the Carroll debacle, the bertans debacle... I could run this team better than these morons
    who cares? The important thing is that they're still classy and well-liked around the league

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. It doesn't matter who it was, Bertans was being shipped out cause he was on Pop's blacklist. He stopped playing him in the Denver series.
    2. I get that they did it to sign Morris, but they could've still asked for something in return. Besides that they should've never signed Carroll for the MLE to begin with
    I agree that signing Carroll in the first place was a bad idea, but imo not getting anything from the Wizards for Bertans was defensible because the real "trade" was really Bertans for Morris. There was no way to foresee that Morris would renege.

I see it kind of like the Belinelli signing. The front office signed him assuming Number Two would still be around and wanted a sniper to balance the defensive lean of the other wings. That turns out to have been correct given how the 2018 team was 3rd on defense (even with Number Two only playing 9 games) but 17th on offense. Then #TheKawhit happened and threw everything off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be very concerned about this franchise if they put walker and keldon at the end of the bench again

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will not be here next year. unless something changes he will be in GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with running back the core of the team. I just think the Spurs should look to trade DeRozan rather than market him as the face of the team if they don't intend to re-sign him. I'm not a guy who thinks the team has to "get something for" guys. But I also think the Spurs should've RJ'd DeRozan to reduce his salary this season if the plan was for him to be the guy they market. Reduce his salary to make room under the tax so you can do deals like LMA for Horford and picks or to have a guy to attract a free agent next summer or to trade to a team that misses out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with running back the core of the team. I just think the Spurs should look to trade DeRozan rather than market him as the face of the team if they don't intend to re-sign him. I'm not a guy who thinks the team has to "get something for" guys. But I also think the Spurs should've RJ'd DeRozan to reduce his salary this season if the plan was for him to be the guy they market. Reduce his salary to make room under the tax so you can do deals like LMA for Horford and picks or to have a guy to attract a free agent next summer or to trade to a team that misses out.
    We were doing so well, you just had to go and ruin it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me is glad there's no moves from the Spurs.

Last thing they need is for Brian Wright to add $5 million + Derrick White to DeRozan to get back Kevin Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me is glad there's no moves from the Spurs.

Last thing they need is for Brian Wright to add $5 million + Derrick White to DeRozan to get back Kevin Love.
    You think the Bertans deal was a Wright special too? I'm sure the Demarre signing was but Davis felt like Pop making sure that it was Bert going out and not Bryn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Bertans deal was a Wright special too? I'm sure the Demarre signing was but Davis felt like Pop making sure that it was Bert going out and not Bryn
    Whether or not Bertans was Wright's schtick I don't know. Certainly his contributions to the Kawhi deal by brokering with his former co-intern cubicle buddy don't reflect well on his negotiating skill.

Either way, if he can take the le and the money, he can take the blame. Same with RC and Pop. No one's innocent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, if they have established a run of firm success that leads to a stable playoff team...only that run ended this past season and two of our best players are on the wrong side of 30. Or do you mean it's fine as long as you're tanking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    I really think there isn't much market for either DDR and LMA.
    I've been very skeptical of the roumered deals.
    Personally, I think the Sun's trading for CP3 was a bad move, but you can't argue with his production last year.

Thread Information