Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short piece from a Rockets article on BR

Manu Ginobili has had one of the most remarkable comebacks this year, even though his points may not directly show it. Last year, it seemed as if he was as good as done. This year, however, he may be the key piece to making it to the WCF.

In March alone, Ginobili is shooting 56% from the field, including 43% from three. He's averaging 15 points and 4 dimes in a little less than 20 minutes.

Furthermore, in his last seven games, Ginobili is averaging 18 per game, shooting an incredible 61% from the field, 48% from 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont want to say what time of the season it is..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont want to say what time of the season it is..
    Does it matter? Did you expect this from him at ALL?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It truly has been remarkable how he's not only produced in such limited minutes but how Spry he looks. He was completely broken physically & mentally last year after the hammy injury. His shot was broken, his ability to handle the ball & initiate offense was gone & he lacked explosion.

I was terrified when Manu went down with the hammy again - I thought that was it. But he's looked amazing and with Danny/Kawhi regaining form it bodes very well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh,he's still slow footed as f00k on D and makes awful risky passes,lotsa circle jerking during the softpack part 'o the season LOL!

If we get by OKC to the Finals the Heat will eat him alive,gotta hope the new/improved part of the bench can make up for it

Why the anyone falls for that slow ass shot fake and exaggerated jab step is beyond me...looks like he's moving in quicksand LOL!

Diaw and Mills are the key IMHO if those two can deliver we got a fightin' chance and Baynes delivering a few choice fouls cant be under estimated as well

I mean if we're gonna get FD by the refs anyway,might as well get our $$$'s worth and judging by the last Blazers and Jazz game its gonna be more of the same till its OVAH so get the gauntlets on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It`s not about his performance at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOAT, IMO... stay healthy, there's still money to be made...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a beast, hopefully he keeps it going.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh,he's still slow footed as f00k on D and makes awful risky passes,lotsa circle jerking during the softpack part 'o the season LOL!

If we get by OKC to the Finals the Heat will eat him alive,gotta hope the new/improved part of the bench can make up for it

Why the anyone falls for that slow ass shot fake and exaggerated jab step is beyond me...looks like he's moving in quicksand LOL!

Diaw and Mills are the key IMHO if those two can deliver we got a fightin' chance and Baynes delivering a few choice fouls cant be under estimated as well

I mean if we're gonna get FD by the refs anyway,might as well get our $$$'s worth and judging by the last Blazers and Jazz game its gonna be more of the same till its OVAH so get the gauntlets on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After last year to be honest with you I didn't, after the playoffs it appeared he was either hurt more than he lead on or just flat out done! He looked bad. I am shocked he is doing this well but it's Manu so no surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was worried earlier in the year because he was telegraphing passes and they were slow because he was using only his left hand and it was already partially extended when he pushed the ball off. (hope y'all can follow my description of this). I don't care how talented you are, you can't throw lazy passes in the NBA.

But lately, he hasn't been as slow on his passes. I haven't seen that lazy one-handed slow extension in a while. His better focus has resulted in fewer TOs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It doesn't matter how slow or fast your pump fake is. What makes a good pump fake is that it closely replicates your shot and Manu does just that. If you notice, Beli probably has one of the best pump fakes in the game and his isn't that fast either, it's just that it really looks as if he is about to lift off the ground and shoot his natural shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No dunks and Manu should be fine!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funny how you and others still manage to talk mess about Manu! He's playing incredible.. You do know he's in the top running for 6MOY., right? Pretty good for a 36 year old. Doesn't really matter what you say, he's definitely ballin and making you eat your own words, hater.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...manu-ginobili/

This is also very telling of Manu's importance this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is on a mission to redeem himself, as he should be. As much as he pissed me off last season, I knew he was probably more pissed on the inside, even if he didn't come out and say he was garbage. Hopefully he keeps it up in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought his troubles in the playoffs last year were because of the Olympics. Simply didn't get enough rest.

As far as I know he didn't play last summer so that extra rest time should keep his body fresh for this May.

He's not 2005 Manu anymore I think we can all agree, but he isn't as done as he showed last June.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I called this happening, the player we saw last year just wasn't anywhere near the player we have watched for years. He clearly wasn't himself at all, and when I heard he was gonna take the summer off I knew he'd get back to being able to produce at a high level. I do think he has a tendency to throw some crazy passes sometimes that would look a lot worse vs. OKC and Miami, so vs. those kinds of teams he should really focus on scoring so he doesn't throw the ball every where (obviously make the passes that are there, just don't force). this year i think he has the confidence and burst to do just that.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili will always be my .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is on a mission to redeem himself, as he should be. As much as he pissed me off last season, I knew he was probably more pissed on the inside, even if he didn't come out and say he was garbage. Hopefully he keeps it up in the playoffs
    Yeah, I feel like Manu is the type that really takes pride in his abilites. He knew people were laughing at him and calling him washed up/the main reason we lost...I guarantee that lit a fire under his ass.

I just hope he's still playing like this come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili will always be my .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking Belli's presence has taken a lot of load off Manu's shoulders, which is the reason for the Argentine's resurgence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu is looking better than i thought he COULD look when the spurs resigned him this summer

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Spurs have been playing teams that are either struggling or just bottom feeders. Let's wait until it matters before we assess how well Manu is doing. That jump pass turnover (2 in a row) he made last game tells me he's still not fully aware of his limitations. He over-commits and then heaves a desperation pass. He attempts passes and shots that just aren't there. So he's hitting a few, they always seem like great ideas when you hit them. I'd rather him miss shots than turn the ball over, but Manu would never give me just one choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been playing teams that are either struggling or just bottom feeders. Let's wait until it matters before we assess how well Manu is doing. That jump pass turnover (2 in a row) he made last game tells me he's still not fully aware of his limitations. He over-commits and then heaves a desperation pass. He attempts passes and shots that just aren't there. So he's hitting a few, they always seem like great ideas when you hit them. I'd rather him miss shots than turn the ball over, but Manu would never give me just one choice.
    You've just described Manu's entire career. Don't you watch games? None of this is a development.

His recent surge included games against Miami, Chicago and Portland.

Thread Information