Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying I agree with the media's assessment, just giving a possible reason for their observation. Outside of Leonard, the Spurs don't really have anybody w/ above average athleticism. Even Kawhi is okay, but looks better due to his ridiculous reach.

Errors might be the most athletic player currently on the Spurs roster tbh.
    I think BSPN just annoints any team they adore with the athletic label.

Athleticism is a lot of different things. Splitter is mobile for his size (not as mobile as Bosh). Patty Mills is a tremendous athlete in the distances he moves on the floor. Parker is one of the quickest guys in the league, still.

But maybe only James applies as a truly vertical player in this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is actually a great athlete, too, he just can't convey it to the offensive end due to his lack of ball-handling ability..

There aren't many players in the league that could run with Westbrook and block him at the rim on a 1-on-1 fastbreak, tbh..I still find it funny that they didn't even show a replay of that play, opting to show multiple replays of Ibaka's block on Parker, instead..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention the Spurs used a Duncan-Splitter-Diaw lineup during the last meeting. I think Anderson, Battier and Beasley were the opposing front court players. We may see a little bit of that at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really appreciate that.

Very tough but:

Live-

1. Machine Gun (Band Of Gypsies)
    2. Killing Floor (Monterrey)
    3. Hear My Train A Comin' (BBC Sessions, 1st take)
    4. Johnny B. Goode
    5. Who Knows

Studio

1. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
    2. All Along The Watch Tower
    3. Manic Depression
    4. Stone Free
    5. Hey Joe

torture just naming one, just game top 5 in both
    Yeah, it's a tough call. I go back and forth depending on the mood between those. All those on your list are great. Somewhere out there I heard a fantastic Jimi cover of Mannish Boy too. Cheers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody in the league is obviously a great athlete compared to everybody on here

Danny's athleticism doesn't really jump out at me as much as his amazing timing/instincts tbh.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cd021 with the continuing goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes we learned that if the Heat play horrible and we get to slow down lebron and neutralize Wade. They are still ubber dangerous and can kill you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a ing moron. Seriously. If you didn't read, don't ing post and throw your 2 cents in. Shut the up and go to another thread you can actually contribute to. Idiot.
    lol...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks cd021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I learned that Miami has the most irritating PA announcer in the NBA, and that muting my tv for 2-3 seconds after Miami baskets just so I don't have to hear his annoying ass voice enhances the game experience three-fold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a ing moron. Seriously. If you didn't read, don't ing post and throw your 2 cents in. Shut the up and go to another thread you can actually contribute to. Idiot.
    Taco bullying dat poor tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't read a single piece that shows Miami has the overall advantage. If the Spurs stay focused and take care of business they will win their 5th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is actually a great athlete, too, he just can't convey it to the offensive end due to his lack of ball-handling ability..

There aren't many players in the league that could run with Westbrook and block him at the rim on a 1-on-1 fastbreak, tbh..I still find it funny that they didn't even show a replay of that play, opting to show multiple replays of Ibaka's block on Parker, instead..
    Seriously. That was the best block of the series for either team, but they somehow thought Ibaka's contest on Splitter (where Serge just bumped Tiago without even going for the ball) needed all the attention.

And yes, Green is a very good athlete. , he won jump-balls against both Wade and James in the Finals last year. In general, there's no way to be an elite defender without being a great athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9 and 41' vert. Thats insane.
    Great write up, cd021. By the way, Lebron is 6'9 and 41' vert...Bonner is 6'10, what's his vertical? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up, cd021. By the way, Lebron is 6'9 and 41' vert...Bonner is 6'10, what's his vertical? lol
    believe it or not, its 32 inches. Danny Green's is 33 inches.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Matt-Bonner-1726/
    http://search.draftexpress.com/profile/Danny-Green-504/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because LeBron is the best athlete to ever play sports tbh. He's the most physically gifted person I've ever seen in any sport.......

Bo Jackson says o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, unreal. Westbrook's vertical is 36.5 inches on the other hand, lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually the spurs are more athletic. ,,... http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/...in-5-over-heat

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr.

They have athleticism, we have size.
    spurs r more athletic and miami is heavier, older n slower....http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/...in-5-over-heat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner was a dunk champion in his day, so it doesn't surprise me that he could get up there.

By the way, thanks for the thread. This is the kind of stuff we need to see more of around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody knows I love Lebron and have supported the Heat for years(excluding last year's Finals), but this is easily the worst Heat team since Lebron joined them IMO..most of the Heat love, so far, is based on reputation..

Realistically, they don't have the athletes to play the swarming defense we have seen from them, and they have less shooting versatility(with Miller gone, and Allen/Battier being older)..also, Wade looks healthy, but to be fair, the Heat just went through the easiest run to the Finals since Magic's Lakers, so we don't know what Wade will offer..he was absolutely horrendous in last year's playoffs, and the Heat have played better against the Spurs when Wade is on the bench, too..
    What athlete did they have before that they lost? They lost Mike Miller(not athletic)? and Wade is healthier. Lewis is Miller's replacement anyway, and has been playing very good for them. I don't see why they're considered so much worse than last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great thread, damn thats a lot of data to peruse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs most used 5 should be;

Tony (if healthy, if not Manu)
    Manu/Green (whoever is having the greater impact)
    Leonard
    Diaw
    Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say Leonard's FT shooting is down by 9% but the stats you posted say he is up about 8% from last year's playoffs. Unless you mean it is down from the regular season?

Thread Information