Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya - but how does that change the fact Tim's team never missed the playoffs like Kobe's?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ya - but how does that change the fact Tim's team never missed the playoffs like Kobe's?
    Doesn't my point was just a ty response to Amb's.
    His negativity caused them to miss the playoffs this year?
    Where does he come up with this crap?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Because Tim is on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Tim is on that team.
    A team that never missed the playoffs. Unlike Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yes, Killa, the Kobe missing playoffs although the team made it is silly. Although, barely making it with that much talent surrounding you is embarrassing.

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    A team that never missed the playoffs. Unlike Kobe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But yes, Killa, the Kobe missing playoffs although the team made it is silly. Although, barely making it with that much talent surrounding you is embarrassing.
    The whole thread is pretty weak tbh, which shows Kobe is not the only once mighty who has now fallen.
    As for last year Dwight either was hurt or dogging it ...obviously.
    But just barely making it or not the Lakers made it ... so this thread though it did get some bites was pretty ty from the start you or El would of done a much better job tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The whole thread is pretty weak tbh, which shows Kobe is not the only once mighty who has now fallen.
    As for last year Dwight either was hurt or dogging it ...obviously.
    But just barely making it or not the Lakers made it ... so this thread though it did get some bites was pretty ty from the start you or El would of done a much better job tbh.
    & thank Christ. Otherwise, the Suns gets that Lottery pick. Ended up Archie Bradley a 2 & 2 fellow.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    & thank Christ. Otherwise, the Suns gets that Lottery pick. Ended up Archie Bradley a 2 & 2 fellow.
    And you would have had only Jim to blame for it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you would have had only Jim to blame for it.
    But, we didn't.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    But, we didn't.
    He did.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    ^Without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.
    Without Ronnie Lester, you're light back to back.

?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Without Ronnie Lester, you're light back to back.

?
    No. Without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    No. Without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.
    Lester won a le as a player for the Lakers. He's been a part of seven more as part of the front office.
    He was the first Lakers employee to scout Andrew Bynum back at the McDonald's All-American camp in 2005 and the loudest Lakers employee to recommend the chubby 7-foot, 275-pound high school center from New Jersey with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft.

"Coach Bill Bertka and myself went to watch him during the week of practice they had before the McDonald's All-American Game," he said. "He was just so big. … The first time I saw Andrew Bynum come out of the locker room, I pointed and said to Coach Bertka, 'Who is that?'

"He was overweight, chubby faced, chubby bodied. He needed to get in shape, but what a difference from the other high school kids."

Two months later he took a redeye to New York to watch him again.

"I didn't recognize him. He had lost 30 pounds," Lester said. "That in and of itself, that kid losing 30 pounds in two months, that was pretty impressive right there. You knew the kid would work if he wanted something bad enough.

"After the workout, I called Mitch … and told him 'If he's there at 10, I don't know how you can pass the guy up.'"

#Ronnie Lester

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media will have it no other way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread will never admit he's wromg

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread will never admit he's wromg
    I have many times. I'm just not wrong this time. Of course at the time Media loved that Jim Buss went against the grain and insisted on drafting Bynum. Media loved it when Jim Buss went against Kobe and insisted they not trade Bynum. Because it was good fodder for Media. Like when Artest launched that stupid 3 Vs. the Suns in '10. Jesus Christ, those ers woke up and ran for their typewriters. Uh, uh. They got half way there before Artest put it back and they didn't have go home. But, they had to get the outta there.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I have many times. I'm just not wrong this time. Of course at the time Media loved that Jim Buss went against the grain and insisted on drafting Bynum. Media loved it when Jim Buss went against Kobe and insisted they not trade Bynum. Because it was good fodder for Media. Like when Artest launched that stupid 3 Vs. the Suns in '10. Jesus Christ, those ers woke up and ran for their typewriters. Uh, uh. They got half way there before Artest put it back and they didn't have go home. But, they had to get the outta there.

Let us proceed...
    Lester was asked whether it was true that Jim Buss has taken Jackson's former office, which would imply that Buss will be around more.

"Jim Buss is not around much," Lester said. "The only time he is here consistently is a week or two before the draft."

#NoLesterNoBynum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lester was asked whether it was true that Jim Buss has taken Jackson's former office, which would imply that Buss will be around more.

"Jim Buss is not around much," Lester said. "The only time he is here consistently is a week or two before the draft."
    Without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.
    A few months later, Lester arranged for Bynum to work out privately in Chicago for Jim Buss, the team's executive vice president of player personnel.
    "He liked the kid, as we all did," Lester recalled. "When you're going to draft a high school kid, I think you have to get ownership behind you. Jimmy saw the kid and he liked him."

#NoLesterNoBynum

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

#NoLesterNoBynum
    Then Fredo fired Ronnie. Christ!

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Then Fredo fired Ronnie. Christ!
    Yep. Gains full control then fires him. Imagine if Fredo had full control in 05, he would have fired Lester, and there would have been no Bynum.

#NoLesterNoBynum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A few months later, Lester arranged for Bynum to work out privately in Chicago for Jim Buss, the team's executive vice president of player personnel.
    "He liked the kid, as we all did," Lester recalled. "When you're going to draft a high school kid, I think you have to get ownership behind you. Jimmy saw the kid and he liked him."

#NoLesterNoBynum
    Though without Jim Buss we're light a back-to-back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a weak ass argument to be having.

Thread Information