Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonds yanked one to make Clay Hensley an immortal, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hurry up and break it so we can stop hearing about this guy already...

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish cancer on Barry Bonds. I pray he never breaks the record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheating mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im still up in air on what to think about him
    i find ithard to believe roids are as rampant as they want you to believe but i do thinik it was/is fairly common so.....if you cant beat em join em kind of applies here

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Unless you can prove who did and did not use. Or who knew and did not know who was using steroids you have to enjoy seeing history.

Congrats Bonds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every record broken from 1985-present deserves an *.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and so it is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I will give the guy is that he does have a set of balls. I really thought that he was going to wait and try and break the record in SF and not in hostile territory amid all the cheating crap. I guess he showed me. That is the only thing I give this guy right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'm going to go ahead and assume the the crowd was probably booing him loudly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I will give the guy is that he does have a set of balls. I really thought that he was going to wait and try and break the record in SF and not in hostile territory amid all the cheating crap. I guess he showed me. That is the only thing I give this guy right now.
    He hasn't broken a record; he's tied it.

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Bonds.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do I think of bonds..........

well I say wait till they whether or not prove he really did take that ....

but the numbers dont lie.....

he had something like 200-350, around those kinda homers in i think 90's...then he just started to really jack them out..

idk..

for now, congrats i guess.
    Last edited by John Patrick; 08-04-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: cant fuckin spell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to have angry reactions to the whole Bonds thing, too. Over time, I have come to accept that no matter how ty you think it is, the man will be on the top of the home run list, until A-Rod (barring a career-ending injury anytime soon) beats him. And eventually, others will beat him as well.

Bonds' time atop the list will not last long. And, if you are like me, it will be non-existant. He may be listed on paper, but for most of the baseball fans I know, Henry Aaron will always be the HR king, so does it really matter what Bonds does? Records are only credible if people accept them.

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why there's the witch hunt for Bonds - when steroids have been around for a long time in pro sports, and I'm sure there are plenty of 'aided' records in books across the board.

And to the poster above - records are credible when they're listed as records. It doesn't matter who you or your friends believe to be the HR king. When Bonds's name is above Aaron's on the all-time list, he's the HR king. Being in denial about it is ridiculous, because it doesn't accomplish anything. He's going to be the HR king until somebody (ARod) comes along, and sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming 'I CAN'T HEAR YOU!' is nothing more than a complete waste of time.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    funny thing is Hensley (who was the pitcher) was busted for steroids in 2005.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the peak of Bonds' career was in his late 30's-40, not to mention he doubled in size at the same time. his HEAD double in size as well.

if anyone can name another athlete (who is clean) that had the same stuff happen to him, then i will applaud Bonds.

until then....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why there's the witch hunt for Bonds - when steroids have been around for a long time in pro sports, and I'm sure there are plenty of 'aided' records in books across the board.

And to the poster above - records are credible when they're listed as records. It doesn't matter who you or your friends believe to be the HR king. When Bonds's name is above Aaron's on the all-time list, he's the HR king. Being in denial about it is ridiculous, because it doesn't accomplish anything. He's going to be the HR king until somebody (ARod) comes along, and sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming 'I CAN'T HEAR YOU!' is nothing more than a complete waste of time.
    Another complete waste of time is arguing with people regarding what is a complete waste of time.

I know Bonds is tied and will soon be atop the list. That doesn't mean that I see Aaron or anyone else as having their place removed. What it means is that as far as I can tell, Aaron never used steroids and to me, his record is more credible. However, this stems from my confliction with the entire steroids era as a baseball fan who grew up watching and cheering for guys like Palmeiro.

My opinion regarding Bonds has come a long way, believe it or not. Read the first part of my previous post. It may eventually come along more, but even if it doesn't, it doesn't make my opinion on the matter "ridiculous." It makes it mine, and I am not trying to tell you or anyone else what to think in regards to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Bonds is the greatest baseball player of this generation. I'll think that whether he holds the record forever or never passes Aaron.

The home runs aren't the dispositive factor for me. Nobody could do the things that Bonds did in his prime. About 2 guys in the history of the game -- Mantle and Mays -- could have done those things. His career numbers, without the home runs, are flat out sick. I'm not sure how someone could truly be a baseball fan and not appreciate the enormity of Barry Bonds' talent.

The guy's surly personality has done him few favors and won him fewer fans. It's also, I think, cost him greatly in terms of the benefit of the doubt he's accorded in the court of public opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the peak of Bonds' career was in his late 30's-40, not to mention he doubled in size at the same time. his HEAD double in size as well.

if anyone can name another athlete (who is clean) that had the same stuff happen to him, then i will applaud Bonds.

until then....
    Roger Clemens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a-rod will break hank's record in 5-6 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the big knock I got on bonds is he can not even run hard to first anymore ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a-rod will break hank's record in 5-6 years
    I don't think it will be Hank's record in 5 or 6 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they will take the record from bonds by then

Thread Information