Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So exactly how long is the season suspended? In one article I read it said 2 weeks minimum, and another one said 30 days.
    It's over. They haven't said it yet, but the hasn't even really gotten bad yet. In a very few weeks, like Italy, you'll have hospitals inundated with sick and dying people. Unless strict protocols are enacted, like China, this thing will linger through the summer and maybe into the fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So exactly how long is the season suspended? In one article I read it said 2 weeks minimum, and another one said 30 days.
    Sports Illustrated is saying at least 30 days but, as exstatic said, this is all subject to change and is likely to get worse before it gets better.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's over. They haven't said it yet, but the hasn't even really gotten bad yet. In a very few weeks, like Italy, you'll have hospitals inundated with sick and dying people. Unless strict protocols are enacted, like China, this thing will linger through the summer and maybe into the fall.
    America isn’t a third world country. We’ll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy's not a 3rd world country, either. They've stopped accepting trauma cases. Really think about that statement.

It's the large case volume in a short time that causes the health care system to wobble. As each larger level of the virus pyramid grows, a ton of people are all going to get really acutely sick at exactly the same time, like millions. baseline posted that there are approximately 1M hospital beds in this country. Seems like we'll come up quite a bit short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NCAA just canceled their tournament.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'd be pretty surprised if the season was back in 30 days.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    maybe the season start back up in two to three months? and next season gets pushed to november / december?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

when it gets bad you need a respiratory machine...

italy has around 5.000 intensive care beds and 15.000 covid patients... it's a problem

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as they actually start freely testing people it’s going to look like a massive surge. My hope is that the worst of it already happened and the e actually took place a month ago. So it’ll look like it’s on the rise but it’ll settle pretty quickly. These people who constantly point to such a small number of confirmed cases are crazy oblivious. I’d put my money on a good 50k infected with most of those having already been sick and recovered.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the largest lab in texas can only do 26 tests a day

america isn't a third world country but it is not prepared and trump isn't helping.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genius, 70 million people and you do 50,000 test a day.
    How many tests were done yesterday?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will hit everyone soon. Too many people flying around. And people still have to work in order to pay bills and live. Hard to contain it. Just need more test kits and eventually an unofficial vaccine that they can use until they have enough data to say it’s official. Will eventually just be added to your annual flu shot.

Test kits so you know when you have it and can self quarantine. But if it’s inevitable that it’ll move around eventually I guess it doesn’t matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Click on his username, go to his profile, and select "add to ignore list".
    Thanks. Might need this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    south Korea is doing 10 thousand a day. So 5200 more days before EVERYBODY IS TESTED.
    END OF THIS TRANSMISSION . I shant go back and forth with your over this after this post.
    I'm not asking about South Korea.

ROK is doing a great job testing.

I'm asking about the US.

Where we live.

How many tests here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not asking about South Korea.

ROK is doing a great job testing.

I'm asking about the US.

Where we live.

How many tests here?
    The number I saw earlier today was 17,000 per day

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope is that the worst of it already happened and the e actually took place a month ago.
    And I hope I win the lottery and get to Scarlett Johansson tomorrow. Both our hopes have the same probability of happening. This is the very beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's over. 100% done. There is no hiding from this virus. 40% to 70% of the nation is going to get it most likely. There will likely be NBA players who die from this when conservative projections are 450,000 dead in the US once it has worked its way through the population.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-12-2020 at 04:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number I saw earlier today was 17,000 per day
    It might ramp up to that eventually.

An examination of state and federal records by Yahoo News finds that American states are, on average, testing fewer than 100 people per day — while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had tested fewer than 100 people total in the first two days of this week.
    https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-tested-on...153646616.html

Of course a lot of agencies probably aren't reporting for whatever reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as those quarantines are lifted in China it'll likely go back to exponential growth there again too. I don't think there is much reason to expect this virus to stop until it has worked it's way through our population. I just hope China makes wet markets and wildlife farming illegal permanently so we don't get a third SARS from them.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    probably won't but i'm semi tempted to travel

i read that chicago to barcelona is going for like, $168 as opposed to $862. roundtrip.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I hope I win the lottery and get to Scarlett Johansson tomorrow. Both our hopes have the same probability of happening. This is the very beginning.
    Based on what? Testing is almost non existent. China didn’t blow up. It was already blowing up and testing helped them simply identify the core areas needing the most attention.

We just came off a pretty rough flu season. Would not at all be surprised if there were people sick back in December. There’s literally nothing to go off of but I think we’re pretty shortsighted to think that it’s going to happen and not already full blown here. We know moderate to no symptoms are what 60% of the infected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's over. 100% done. There is no hiding from this virus. 40% to 70% of the nation is going to get it most likely. There will likely be NBA players who die from this when conservative projections are 450,000 dead in the US once it has worked its way through the population.
    Why would there be NBA players dying from this bro? I thought if you’re healthy and in shape you’ll be alright?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    TBH, i'm surprised pandemics don't happen more often. those wet markets can be disgusting... it's astounding to me how you can find anything you want. live animals in cages stacked on cages stacked on cages...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would there be NBA players dying from this bro? I thought if you’re healthy and in shape you’ll be alright?
    Just a numbers game. Some young healthy people have died although the numbers aren't high.

I would be surprised, but not shocked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably won't but i'm semi tempted to travel

i read that chicago to barcelona is going for like, $168 as opposed to $862. roundtrip.
    Damn $945 roundtrip to Tokyo is the best I could find. If I could it for $168 I'd be ing gone.

Thread Information