San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Projected to finish in a tie for 10th with the Suns per 538

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything bellow 13 and I’ll be a happy camper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if white people didn't destroy their names and culture they wouldn't have had to make them up.
    Please elaborate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how we get any better than the 11th pick tbh and that's being generous. We need WSH and CHI to go on some sort of winning streak while we continue our losing streak. But CHI is 2-8 in their last 10 so I don't see that happening. Good news (for team tank) is that the Kings/Suns should pass us very soon dropping us to 13th in the West. But the East is so ty there's almost no way for us to tank into the Top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how we get any better than the 11th pick tbh and that's being generous. We need WSH and CHI to go on some sort of winning streak while we continue our losing streak. But CHI is 2-8 in their last 10 so I don't see that happening. Good news (for team tank) is that the Kings/Suns should pass us very soon dropping us to 13th in the West. But the East is so ty there's almost no way for us to tank into the Top 10
    We are listed as the 12th pick right now. If the suns and kings pass us we’d be 10th. So you could be 10th and if the lotto balls sort of go our way we could move up a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are listed as the 12th pick right now. If the suns and kings pass us we’d be 10th. So you could be 10th and if the lotto balls sort of go our way we could move up a little.
    You can't "move up a little". You either get drawn into the top 4, or you get ranked in order after that. The good news is that with the flatter odds, 3 teams jumped into the top 4 last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't "move up a little". You either get drawn into the top 4, or you get ranked in order after that. The good news is that with the flatter odds, 3 teams jumped into the top 4 last year.
    Sorry. Forgot about the new rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. Forgot about the new rules.
    That aspect of the lottery isn't new. The odds are different, and now there are drawings for four picks, but as far as I know, it's never been a thing that you can move up from 10 to seven. Of course, you could totally argue that jumping up six spots isn't very much in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yeah my math sucks. I said Top 10, but since I can't count I was wrong and meant getting the 9th pick for that 20% chance of getting a Top 4 pick. MINN, GS are waay worse than us while 7 other teams in the East have worse records than us by quite a bit. Our best hope is WSH, but even then chances are slim. I'm just hoping that Curry actually does come back and play out the rest of the year for GS so we can put Forbes on him and lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, spurs need to go on a losing streak or that top 10 is outta reach

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prediction: If the pick ends up the way it's trending, which is 10-12 and Avdija is available around 5 or 6, the Spurs look to package White with their pick to move up.

He'll be 26 this off season, his lack of confidence will always hold him back to some extent and his jack of all trades, master of none type game is better suited on a good team. By the time that can be said about this one again, he'll probably be around of over 30.

Murray-White-Walker is not nearly dynamic enough offensively or big enough to work long term as a starting 1-3, so considering they've already committed to Murray and Walker has the highest ceiling, it becomes process of elimination.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am not trading unless that player would be a very good defender and is able to hit the 3 ball and is able to dribble and have a decent first step.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm holding out hope that we can hit the jackpot this year for the 3rd time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm holding out hope that we can hit the jackpot this year for the 3rd time.
    No general talent this draft it seems. Not sure #1 pick gets us a franchise turning player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prediction: If the pick ends up the way it's trending, which is 10-12 and Avdija is available around 5 or 6, the Spurs look to package White with their pick to move up.

He'll be 26 this off season, his lack of confidence will always hold him back to some extent and his jack of all trades, master of none type game is better suited on a good team. By the time that can be said about this one again, he'll probably be around of over 30.

Murray-White-Walker is not nearly dynamic enough offensively or big enough to work long term as a starting 1-3, so considering they've already committed to Murray and Walker has the highest ceiling, it becomes process of elimination.
    . White is the only player who can operate deep in the paint, get to the FT line, defend, and hit the 3 pointer. His issues are with DeRozan dominating the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs make playoffs despit pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
    ·
    Feb 26
    Pop shoulders some of the blame for this one: "I think the game plan I came out with was poor, and they took advantage of it in the first quarter." #Spursf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

don't forget Bryn Forbes who will start for the next 4 seasons at SG which means White will be nothing more than a bench player

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . White is the only player who can operate deep in the paint, get to the FT line, defend, and hit the 3 pointer. His issues are with DeRozan dominating the ball.
    Derrick's only problem is his sub-optimal personality. He doesn't attack.

Take DeRozan and LaMarcus out of the game for a month and dude still probably wouldn't average more than 9 points per game. It's all in his head. The physical tools and opportunities are there. He's just mentally weak.

He should be my favorite player on the team but I kinda hate him because he doesn't try to be as great as he can be. It's annoying as all goddamned .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No general talent this draft it seems. Not sure #1 pick gets us a franchise turning player.
    If not this year, next year's draft will be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could absolutely see that happening tbh. That or White gets traded for another lottery pick, altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cue the pic of Pop shaking Avdija’s hand a few years ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could absolutely see that happening tbh. That or White gets traded for another lottery pick, altogether.
    Yeah, there's seemingly a good chance the consensus best prospect(s) available in their range ends up being a PG and the last thing they should be doing is reaching for something else under the guise of having any position covered.

If that ends up not being the case, I'd still be open to moving White for a pick either in this draft or preferably the following one. Another option is packaging him with one of the "mid 3" to improve the return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's seemingly a good chance the consensus best prospect(s) available in their range ends up being a PG and the last thing they should be doing is reaching for something else under the guise of having any position covered.

If that ends up not being the case, I'd still be open to moving White for a pick either in this draft or preferably the following one. Another option is packaging him with one of the "mid 3" to improve the return.
    Actually, that would be the opposite of what would happen. A team would consider salary relief to be the "return" and not offer much of anything else.

Your best return would be to offer one of the young players, alone. They're all cheap, except DJ, and some of them still have upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, that would be the opposite of what would happen. A team would consider salary relief to be the "return" and not offer much of anything else.

Your best return would be to offer one of the young players, alone. They're all cheap, except DJ, and some of them still have upside.
    I don't know what you're talking about, but adding White to one of them would definitely add appeal to an opposing team, who'd be more likely to capitulate to giving up an asset they're on the fence with.

Thread Information