My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is how I know.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good afternoon guys. This is not sone troll act or anything, just my random two cents. I've been a member of this site for yrs now. I've seen Tim an his wife try to make it better an better , but the members are turning so toxic it's dragging this site down. There's no more great dialogue between people about Spurs related issues. Just a bunch of trolls disrespecting each other. Idk who runs this site anymore, but can someone do something about all toxic behavior?? Seriously I don't mean anyone any disrespect, an I'm sure some troll with make fun of my post, but I have to speak up.
    Bruh welcome to 2008 when the Ellis clan let certain people run amok unchecked for countless racist toxic bannable posts.
    Just use your ignore feature to eliminate all the dumpsta juice

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a weird thread. There's a few autists in the political forum that are mucking up the place with their constant shot posting. But the overall level of trolling has gone down imho. It's way less trollish than ST circa 2006-2010
    This is true to. 9/10 posts was racist trollish crap in that time frame. Then ST got hollowed out and became a dead husk. Now it's trending better somewhat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lately there is very little basketball discussion, in fact. The vast majority of comments and posts are insults without any insight on the actual game played (or not) by the Spurs. It is a pity, because there are posters who understand the game and/or have solid opinions on it and offer factual observations. They are worth discussing, that's why I come here, but it is getting more difficult given the hate of some losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST by far has the most knowledgeable Spurs fans on the net. Sure, some trolls are annoying but it's pretty easy to spot them and ignore them. You want this to turn into a Reddit style circle jerk? I got banned for saying Mills is a no defense playing bum. Is that a lie?
    Did you clarify your Reddit post with "(no racist) (no )"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The State of Spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJ and wife Kori pretty much let this site go completely unregulated for years. People took advantage of their leniency and it got pretty raunchy and stupid. The redeeming thing was that the analysis of the players was sometimes very good if you got beyond the fanboy posts. Despite all the respect around the league and from knowledgeable fans across the country for Pop and the FO for presenting a quality product year after year in a very down market town, there has always been an unreasonable amount of disrespect for them despite winning 5 championships and setting records for appearances in the playoffs and 50 win seasons. Even the obvious affection from the team and the Big Three for Pop and the Spurs doesn't distract from their storm and fury. Go figure.

I think the decision by LJ and Kori to bring this site into a for-profit posture after all these years will eventually bring in more people, especially women, who love to talk Spurs and don't need all the other junk. But you may have ST members who just want to drive those folks away so they can control the dialogues. We'll see.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJ and wife Kori pretty much let this site go completely unregulated for years. People took advantage of their leniency and it got pretty raunchy and stupid. The redeeming thing was that the analysis of the players was sometimes very good if you got beyond the fanboy posts. Despite all the respect around the league and from knowledgeable fans across the country for Pop and the FO for presenting a quality product year after year in a very down market town, there has always been an unreasonable amount of disrespect for them despite winning 5 championships and setting records for appearances in the playoffs and 50 win seasons. Even the obvious affection from the team and the Big Three for Pop and the Spurs doesn't distract from their storm and fury. Go figure.

I think the decision by LJ and Kori to bring this site into a for-profit posture after all these years will eventually bring in more people, especially women, who love to talk Spurs and don't need all the other junk. But you may have ST members who just want to drive those folks away so they can control the dialogues. We'll see.

bravatars 2.0 ???

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point OP. This place went downhill when I got pinked. Now all you get are pussy betas in girl jeans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk has been a cesspool since I joined in 2011, but that's precisely why I joined. People are free to say whatever they want here with no consequences. It's like a social experiment in internet anarchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST has always melted down following losses to the Lakers, to be fair. There's been good discussion this season. ST will never be troll free like SpuReport or whatever it was called (does it still exist?) but there's legit Spurs discussion, even if you have to sometimes dig below the top level trolls, IMO.

-Tim

Tbh, to ST for being one of the few remaining forums that don't moderate every ing little thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST meltdowns are glorious, tbh... this season looks extra promising...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm just a butthurt old Spurs fan going from Ginobili(my favorite Spur of all time), Tony, an Timmy to Derozan, Patty, and LaMarcus. There's been nothing to be excited about for awhile so when I come here to what I see as fellow Spurs fans, its nothing but racism, phobic, toxic behavior. Yes I ignore it, but when you read through post an most of it is all that, you kinda just say it an leave. I mean I'm definitely not the one to try an be politically correct or anything, but it's that bad that even my goofy ass notices it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea that the mods pretty much let things go and they are more traffic controllers, making sure Spurs related stuff is here and politics is somewhere else.

But in saying that, 'I hope DD kills himself,' comments is beyond low and I hope more posters call them out for it.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes especially considering he is our best player right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good afternoon guys. This is not sone troll act or anything, just my random two cents. I've been a member of this site for yrs now. I've seen Tim an his wife try to make it better an better , but the members are turning so toxic it's dragging this site down. There's no more great dialogue between people about Spurs related issues. Just a bunch of trolls disrespecting each other. Idk who runs this site anymore, but can someone do something about all toxic behavior?? Seriously I don't mean anyone any disrespect, an I'm sure some troll with make fun of my post, but I have to speak up.
    ST is basically more than 50% trash posts (and that's a generous estimate), but there are still a few solid posters who contribute some meaningful takes or solid humor.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST is basically more than 50% trash posts (and that's a generous estimate), but there are still a few solid posters who contribute some meaningful takes or solid humor.

LMAO. Sturgeon's Law.

A famous author (Theodore Sturgeon) was asked by a reporter, "How can you write science fiction? Isn't ninety percent of it crap?"
    To which Sturgeon replied, "Yes it is... but then, ninety percent of everything is crap."

If half of the posts on ST are crap it's way, way ahead of most of the Internet. And pretty much everything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO. Sturgeon's Law.

A famous author (Theodore Sturgeon) was asked by a reporter, "How can you write science fiction? Isn't ninety percent of it crap?"
    To which Sturgeon replied, "Yes it is... but then, ninety percent of everything is crap."

If half of the posts on ST are crap it's way, way ahead of most of the Internet. And pretty much everything else.
    as stated, it was a generous estimate; the real point being that most of the content on this site sucks, but there's still enough to keep it worth my time. but if those handful of decent posters left, this place would be total crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure this has been stated ad nauseam since ST started. These threads pop up at least once a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure this has been stated ad nauseam since ST started. These threads pop up at least once a year.
    ikr. Funny how all of these threads end up being 50% random complaints about apo spam threads (or some other troll -- dabom, etc), and the other 50% is old heads complaining about how GNSFs/NASFs cyber bully. Then there's the filter the trolls using the ignore button comments, and the trolls that insta-reply to those comments.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we really need is the ability to ignore posters and hide their quotes too. Make them completely disappear. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, IP bans for violations of forum rules

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish that kawhi thread finally got shut down...its pure troll thread with apa n his alts trying to get rises outta people n yall give in...makes the mods look like pushovers cause people can just keep doin dumb crap n get away with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, IP bans for violations of forum rules
    In the age of VPNs and IPs that can be renewed by just resetting your modem? Good luck with that

Thread Information