Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I agree with this. Threatening to attack NK does nothing but empower Un. The best way to handle this is have the best possible relationship with China and get them to freeze NK out economically imo.

"saber rattling" is an underrated term btw , I need to use that one more often.
    Threatening to attack NK puts the ball in China's court---they don't want millions of starving NK pouring over their border, they also don't want NK to become westernized. It's in China's best interest to reign in NK.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Threatening to attack NK puts the ball in China's court---they don't want millions of starving NK pouring over their border, they also don't want NK to become westernized. It's in China's best interest to reign in NK.
    Its in the best interest of the entire civilized world for NK to be toothless.

Its in the best interest of their people for Dear Leader to be gone. If China could somehow run the country without their people streaming across the border. Give them real work without having to subsistence farm, it would probably be best outcome for everyone. Allow a more open border with S. Korea, and then get our troops out. Maybe like a poorer version of Hong Kong would be the best outcome or Vietnam. S. Korea would need to feel no threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not suggesting war. Just don't ignore them and let them do whatever they want. North Korea is not only a threat to the United States. But also the world. We need to put pressure on them to stop their Nuclear program. And Trump is doing it the right way. Too bad Trump couldn't be President earlier. North Korea has gained a lot of power under the Obama regime.
    So Trump is doing what, exactly, that is different?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree...just making the point that you don't overlook a seemingly toothless adversary. Ideology (esp from unstable nutbars) is just as potent as hard weaponry.
    NK makes me nervous due more to POTUS infatuation with saber rattling. That's just enabling NK'S behavior.
    +1

It plays into their narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavsfan1000 is an example of why neoconservatives are truly pussies at heart

being afraid of a country with a famine epidemic where the average person is like 5 feet tall and doesn't have running water
    the North Korean boogeyman keeping you up at night
    being scared of whoever your political overlords tell you to be scared off
    Pretty much.

You can see whatever outrage of the day they are told about on state media reflected here rather closely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting is an example of why neoconservatives are truly pussies at heart

being afraid of your fellow countrymen, specifically the white man
    the scary Republican boogeymen keeping you up at night
    being scared of whoever your political overlords tell you to be scared off-EVERYONE who contradicts your Liberal opinions, numbers and facts that contradict your Liberal opinions and ACTIONS, because ACTIONS can't be requoted for feel-good, psuedo morality crusaders that take their morality cues from Political affiliation.
    LOL.GTFO.

Thread Information