Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I feel like if there was a definite game for the Indians to burn, it was this once. Hence I'm a bit surprised Francona went with Kluber rather than for Game 5 (if it came to that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a good time for Hill to get re-acclimated with those control issues he had with the Cubs in 08'.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I feel like if there was a definite game for the Indians to burn, it was this once. Hence I'm a bit surprised Francona went with Kluber rather than for Game 5 (if it came to that).
    Bauer's accident made it a necessity. If o ran out Kluber on regular rest in Game 5 he would not have a Game 7 starter... at all. Pitch him today and they can come back to him in Game 7 on three days' rest if it comes to that. Not ideal, but better than starting Ryan Merritt in Game 7 of the ALCS.

For a team with a 3-1 lead the Indians are in a really tenuous position. Right now their rotation is completely cashed. I'm trying not to get pissed at Bauer, but it's tough. He really hurt the team with that drone accident, and then he's taunting the Toronto fans and mouthing off on Twitter after Game 3. He needs to lay low and hope the team bails his butt out.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bauer's accident made it a necessity. If o ran out Kluber on regular rest in Game 5 he would not have a Game 7 starter... at all. Pitch him today and they can come back to him in Game 7 on three days' rest if it comes to that. Not ideal, but better than starting Ryan Merritt in Game 7 of the ALCS.

For a team with a 3-1 lead the Indians are in a really tenuous position. Right now their rotation is completely cashed. I'm trying not to get pissed at Bauer, but it's tough. He really hurt the team with that drone accident, and then he's taunting the Toronto fans and mouthing off on Twitter after Game 3. He needs to lay low and hope the team bails his butt out.
    I'm just in the frame of mind that...should Indians really be looking at Game 7? I know it may sound short-sighted but there's a reason why only 1 team in the last century has come back from 3-0. I just feel they should set themselves up to close this series ASAP vs trying to set up for down the road. Merritt loses game 4, oh well (look what the BP was able to do after Bauer got hurt). You got Kluber on full rest for Game 5. I'd hate to be Kluber in a game 7 where the opposing team just came back from 0-3 in any case.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm just in the frame of mind that...should Indians really be looking at Game 7? I know it may sound short-sighted but there's a reason why only 1 team in the last century has come back from 3-0. I just feel they should set themselves up to close this series ASAP vs trying to set up for down the road. Merritt loses game 4, oh well (look what the BP was able to do after Bauer got hurt). You got Kluber on full rest for Game 5. I'd hate to be Kluber in a game 7 where the opposing team just came back from 0-3 in any case.
    I get what you're saying but there just aren't any ideal options right now with the state of the Tribe's starters being what it is. At least they didn't use Miller and Cody Allen today, that's one bright spot from our POV. Sanchez pitched a of a game today, BTW. Toronto is just too good to get swept.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I get what you're saying but there just aren't any ideal options right now with the state of the Tribe's starters being what it is. At least they didn't use Miller and Cody Allen today, that's one bright spot from our POV. Sanchez pitched a of a game today, BTW. Toronto is just too good to get swept.
    Sanchez came through for sure. Now I still give the Jays a <10% chance of coming back but if they get to Merritt early it can get interesting. I don't see Jays getting to Miller this series. And I'll probably root for Indians vs whoever comes out of the NL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking the Blue Jays will win four in a row. Indians will close this out tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, sorry Cubs fans; don't think this team is quite ready to go all the way.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Cubs and Indians are remembering who they really are, tbh. Nobody should be surprised if it's a Jays/Dodgers World Series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like it's about time for the bats to wake up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    thinking the Blue Jays will win four in a row. Indians will close this out tomorrow.
    It's not out of the question, tbh. They just did it against the Orioles and Rangers. And Cleveland's starting pitching is looking real shaky now. Toronto has a great pitching staff who should keep it close, they just can't afford to stop scoring runs again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not out of the question, tbh. They just did it against the Orioles and Rangers. And Cleveland's starting pitching is looking real shaky now. Toronto has a great pitching staff who should keep it close, they just can't afford to stop scoring runs again.
    The Orioles and Rangers are known chokers tbh; winning four in a row against the likes of those two is different than winning four in a row against a team with this much talent on both sides of the ball. Yes, their starting pitching might be in trouble, but Cleveland still has an elite bullpen capable of winning games by themselves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Orioles and Rangers are known chokers tbh
    So are the Indians, historically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean more recently. This iteration of the Indians has yet to choke, albeit losing a 3-0 lead would be par for the course for Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Cubs only need to win one outta these three. They are still the better team and I fully expect them to show just that, preferably before next spring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meh, Cubs only need to win one outta these three. They are still the better team and I fully expect them to show just that, preferably before next spring.
    That's cool and all, but those s haven't scored a run in two games. And as I type this Dodgers score again woot!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's cool and all, but those s haven't scored a run in two games. And as I type this Dodgers score again woot!
    Dodgers blowing their entire load this game. Cubs saving it for the big finish, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Rich Hill, where was this in 07 & 08 bro? was my favorite Cubbie(along with Ted Lilly). Instead we got a compete and total mental breakdown.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Maybe, I don't know. I actually think Toronto has a better club than the Indians just in terms of their overall roster. My concern is that this series will regress to the mean, meaning these two clubs should go six or seven based on how they compare overall. That's what happened in the 2007 ALCS, imo: the Red Sox were better than the Indians and the series ended really as it should've all along.

Of course, the Indians haven't lost more than three games in a row all season, so there is that. But the longer this series goes on the more it "favours" Toronto. I'll be nervous until the 27th out of the fourth win for the Tribe.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    TBH for a lot of their history the Indians haven't been chokers, they've just sucked. When you're going 60-102, 61-101 and 57-105 that isn't choking, you just blow.

Mesa, I know, but teams blow one-run ninth-inning leads all the time. It could have happened in April against the Twins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill pitched a in' shiny diamond tonight. His curveball and control were spot on all night aside from the 2nd. Dodgers really excel against right handed pitching, so this game isn't too much of a surprise, even against Arrieta. Urias tomorrow, which will be a tough one to win. Kid has great stuff, but I'm not sure he's ready for this big of a moment. Then Maeda in game 5 supposedly, but if we lose tomorrow, then I think Kersh goes again on short rest, setting up a possible bullpen platoon game for a game 7 (Rich Hill, Kersh in the Madbum role, and Jansen to close). That's how I'd do if I were Roberts.

Series ain't over by a long shot.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maeda on Wednesday.
    CK on Thursday.

If necessa:::

Hill in Game 6
    CK in Game 7 with everybody in the bullpen and available.

He should not have disturbed KJ tonite.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Toronto got up off the mat---Francona immediately went to Miller...knocked 'em back on their ass.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Congrats to Cleveland. Their pitching (esp. Miller) made an already struggling Jays offense look amateurish all series long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maeda on Wednesday.
    CK on Thursday.

If necessa:::

Hill in Game 6
    CK in Game 7 with everybody in the bullpen and available.

He should not have disturbed KJ tonite.
    Thread do you think Magic could offer any of the Cubs gay players blow jobs and tire them out?

Thread Information