Page 286 of 397 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 9906
    They have 3 or 4 other DBs who are currently out at the moment.
    Would seem some coaching would be warranted here.
    Like temp converting a backup RB or WR vs this "most missed tackles in the nation" with B.J. at 60%.

Lots of players played O and D in high school. It's not rocket science. I felt Texas had momentum at 10-10. That play sure shot it to H.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few thoughts-

- The DB’s on this team can’t tackle in space.
    - #25 shouldn’t have been on the field yesterday. It’s obvious he was hurting pretty bad. Why the coaches didn’t make the change is beyond me.
    - Herman and his crew got out coached, out schemed and out classed yesterday by Lincoln.
    - We were sacked 9 times yesterday, that’s more on coaching than players.
    - Maybe one day we’ll throw to the middle of the field, because we never do and OU knew this.
    - Pretty horrible game all around yesterday. If Texas wants to get these guys again this year they better learn to play defense and get healthy fast. We’re the walking wounded out there.

Hook-em!

A few thoughts-

- #25 shouldn’t have been on the field yesterday. It’s obvious he was hurting pretty bad. Why the coaches didn’t make the change is beyond me.
    - Herman and his crew got out coached, out schemed and out classed yesterday by Lincoln.
    - Maybe one day we’ll throw to the middle of the field, because we never do and OU knew this.
    - Pretty horrible game all around yesterday. If Texas wants to get these guys again this year they better learn to play defense and get healthy fast. We’re the walking wounded out there.

Hook-em!
    By playing Foster the coaches lost more of my little respect.The loss IMO was 99 per cent on the coaches.OU has more talent at all positions on offense except OL. Then they are coached how to hold so that makes for difference in talent
    Defence was just out coached plus injures

t

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hopefully Orlando moves on after the season, as well as whoever is in charge of the late term abortion of Special Teams.

Hopefully Orlando moves on after the season, as well as whoever is in charge of the late term abortion of Special Teams.
    The 3/4 needs to go and Ossai needs to be a stand up rush end, stop trying to be cute and get the man to start playing like Sergio Kindle and he'll get drafted higher than he would as a linebacker when he isn't fit for the position. We should have stopped the run yesterday, with 4 down lineman it would've been easier.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Special Teams has been brutal especially on the return teams, no doubt. You get a WTF moment every game.

The #1 problem schematically is that Orlando needs to figure out how to get a pass rush because what he's doing aint working and when you have all day to throw, it makes things worse on the back end.

This Defense is young and decimated by injuries right now, so i'll give him a pass on some things, but fundamentals and tackling go hand in hand and we seem to be lacking in that department currently.

With that being said, I feel the D did enough to win the game. Herman and company on offense was the bigger issue yesterday.
    Last edited by texas4ever; 10-13-2019 at 06:19 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I purposely have avoided the internet to let myself cool off. I have a few takes.

1. I love Todd Orlando, but right now he is stuck trying to make his personal fit his scheme. The problem is they don't fit and it's killing us. Forget the injuries, this is on the coaches to put each player in the best position to succeed. IMO right now we have two coaches on staff that are actually better coaches than Orlando. Beaty and the guy from Rutgers. Orlando either needs to listen to them or he needs to move on. The defense played better than the offense, but they still sucked, it's just the offense sucked more.

2. Special teams coach needs to be fired. These guys have regressed since Wareheim has taken over.

3. When you talk crap before the game, better be able to back it up. All week prior to the game all I heard was Texas players talking crap. They were the ones that didn't show up. Especially true of the offensive line. 9 sacks isn't just about coaching or scheme, it's about getting whipped by the guy in front of you. They disrespected the blowu dline and those guys responded.

4. If Texas makes the Big 12 le game you better realize the Big 12 refs will not let Texas win. I don't care how good we play.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB Ryan Watts of Little Elm commits to Ohio State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Watts-46079300/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    A few thoughts-

Hook-em!
    Disappointing about middle of the field bc we started off the season doing just that with Dev and Jake in the slots. Went away from it 1-2 games ago.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    4. If Texas makes the Big 12 le game you better realize the Big 12 refs will not let Texas win. I don't care how good we play.
    Scipio nailed this part of it, just bulls eye. It's the NCAA equivalent of Golden State setting moving screens and getting away with using their arms on defense for the ENTIRE GAME. You can't beat it, you have to overcome it.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    They played like and still had a chance to win the game. , he beat OU last year and he'll have another shot next season. They have two top five recruiting classes coming in too. I wouldn't say they are back from a dominance standpoint, but they are far from the dog they endured in the late Mack era up to the time Herman was hired.
    UT is a solid tier 2 team at this point with a lot of upside. their two losses have been to two teams that could very well be in the playoffs. i see no reason to think that texas will not get another crack at OU this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Week 8 television schedule.

Another Wednesday game this week.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/8

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count