Metu
    Weatherspoon
    Forbes
    Zeller

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In regard to Metu, i think he needs to drop his ego. He has a chance to be a solid player, but he will never be a start and he needs to accept and play his role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... wonder if PATFO will do some soul searching and realize that now that the playoff streak is over, it is now time to go ahead and concede with the idea of trying compete for a championship contention for the next 2 years, at least, and begin the rebounding process. I can see Pop tell DDR, LMA and RG22 if they, at this point of their careers, to go ahead and sign up for a team with championship contention, while the Spurs continue with the young bloods minus Forbes. I can see Mills staying as part of the veteran leadership with perhaps resigning Lyles and JP25 unless they decide to opt out to also go to a contender as well. And if these decisions are made, then this may have been the last time we saw Pop as the head
    coach for the Spurs. This would be an interesting scenario, because now is the time to rebuild, but on the other hand, I can also see this organization wanting to remain compe ive and do some minor tweaking to this current roster. There is a lot of uncertainties going forward, especially with the COVID-19 pandemic, but it has always seemed to be the organization's goal to bring to the fans, a product that brings championships, or is compe ive. It will be an interesting offseason for sure. Let's see how things will unfold! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can rebuild at anytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep Forbes, White, DDR, LMA, KJ; Lonnie, Spoon and Mills. Oh and Drew also

Drop Murray (team made the playoffs with the exact same roster except White played instead of him. Dude is the reason why we didn’t make it). Drop Belli. Drop Gay. And drop Poetl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm dropping Forbes, metu, belli, and one of lma or ddr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Drop Murray (team made the playoffs with the exact same roster except White played instead of him. Dude is the reason why we didn’t make it). Drop Belli. Drop Gay. And drop Poetl
    You lost me after “Keep Forbes”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First and foremost, PLEASE get rid of Forbes.

Drop:
    Belinelli
    Metu

Keep:
    White
    K. Johnson
    Walker
    Samanic
    Eubanks
    Weatherspoon
    Aldridge
    Poeltl

Move if the return is right:
    Mills
    Gay
    DeRozan
    Murray

The tough decision for me though is....what to do about Aldridge and DeRozan. They dont mesh very well together. Either we stay committed to LA and drop DeRozan, or we run smaller lineups with DeRozan and crew and drop LA. I think one of the main reasons DeRozan was so successful in the bubble was because LA wasnt there to take up space....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep:
    White
    Murray
    Johnson
    Walker
    Weatherspoon
    Shamanic
    Poeltl
    Eubanks
    Aldridge
    Mills
    Gay(move if possible)
    Derozan(move if possible)

Drop:
    Forbes
    Lyles
    Metu
    Belinelli

Replace the drop with 2020 picks and free agent 3&d wing players

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers added Anthony Davis, clippers added kawhi and paul george, thunder added chris paul and Danilo gallinari, rockets added Russell westbrooks, utah added Mike Conley, portland added Carmelo anthony.

I wouldn't really say dejounte is the reason the spurs didn't make it. And it's unfair to blame a 23 year old coming from an acl year for that. The western conference changed dramatically over a few months but let's blame a 23 year old kid as to why they didn't make it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Pop tell DDR, LMA and RG22 if they, at this point of their careers, to go ahead and sign up for a team with championship contention, while the Spurs continue with the young bloods minus Forbes. I can see Mills staying as part of the veteran leadership with perhaps resigning Lyles and JP25 unless they decide to opt out to also go to a contender as well.
    Why do people keep talking about Poeltl and Lyles “opting out”? Poeltl is a restricted free agent in one of the worst free agent markets we’ve seen in years given a lower potential cap, and Lyles is under contract unless the Spurs decide to cut him loose ($1 million guaranteed). If Poeltl doesn’t want to be here, he can take the qualifying offer and be an UFA next summer. But more likely he signs an extension, or there is a sign and trade.

Agree with you on LMA, Demar and Gay. Don’t need all of them if going through a rebuild, and if you can get back some assets for them (assuming Demar opts in, which we’ll know shortly).

First and foremost, PLEASE get rid of Forbes.

Drop:
    Belinelli
    Metu

Keep:
    White
    K. Johnson
    Walker
    Samanic
    Eubanks
    Weatherspoon
    Aldridge
    Poeltl

Move if the return is right:
    Mills
    Gay
    DeRozan
    Murray

The tough decision for me though is....what to do about Aldridge and DeRozan. They dont mesh very well together. Either we stay committed to LA and drop DeRozan, or we run smaller lineups with DeRozan and crew and drop LA. I think one of the main reasons DeRozan was so successful in the bubble was because LA wasnt there to take up space....

Basically agree with what you said. I look at it this way:
    • Hope DeRozan opts in, though part of that may be an agreement that if he opts in and the plan is to trade him, he has some say over where he goes.
    • You canvas the market on DeRozan, Aldridge, Gay and Mills to see if anything can be brought back of value. That may include taking back dead weight plus draft capital. As you said, the fit between LA and Demar is awkward at best. Gay could be very valuable to a contender.
    • If the decision is to move Aldridge, you still pick the best player available in the draft and don’t waste it on a big man just because.
    • I’m on the fence with Murray. Jekyll and Hyde. If another team overvalues him, you have to be comfortable moving on from him. Heck, Pop traded George Hill once upon a time and he doesn’t love Murray that much.
    • You can’t be scared of missing the playoffs next year. The west is stacked, and it’s more important to build the young foundation into a stronger contender in future years. There will be tons of cap space in the summer of 2021 to supplement the pieces you already have.

Last edited by cjw; 08-14-2020 at 01:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop Forbes, Belinelli and Metu. Keep the rest of the squad
    This, and sign Eubanks to an NBA contract, sign the first rounder, and agree to a two way contract with the second rounder.

Oh, and dump Zeller.

That would be a 14 man roster, plus 2 two ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a culture guy. He'll stay and has another year on his contract. Metu is done. Forbes and Belli should be gone to make room for the youngsters in the backcourt. White and Keldon are obvious keepers. Keep Jakob too assuming he doesn't overvalue himself. Drew is cheap and would be a fine backup big. Try to shop Mah Touches and Dumbar for anything of value. Use Murray as a sweetener if need be. Gay should have some value in the league among the contenders looking to improve their bench. A late 1st should be possible.
    I agree with all of this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with DDR opting in and looking like a different and better player I presume that the FO choice will be to be back next season with quite then same players...waiting for next years when all big contracts (DDR, LA, Gay and Mills) will be over...we are already over 120 millions without the possible resignings (Forbes, Beli, Poeltl).
    No cap space and only MLE available.
    Only decisions to make are :
    0) White and Poeltl extensions
    1) draft selections
    2) decide if give someone the MLE (hoping they'll do only if it is a good one, not a finished player like Carroll)

For different reasons, Beli and Forbes should not be considered part of the future and their only chance to be still part of the team could be if they are available for minimum contracts...White and Poeltl both deserve an extension but, considering the market, only if the numbers are very friendly;White has health problems and a dangerous playing style on defense, Poeltl don't have the numbers to be actually considered our starting big.

Obviously if ther's a proposed trade of our big players for young promising pieces or future picks they have to evaluate them...but I doubt anybody will give something really valuable for DDR (old playing style) or Gay and LMA (too old guys)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and walker can only stay if spurs get rid of Aldridge. They are both worthless half court players with low iq. They can keep one and turn into new age Bruce bowen. Sad how the NBA can employ pgs with no court vision passing or dribbling skill. But than one fast break dunk every other game tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep
    White
    Johnson
    Walker
    Eubanks
    Saminic
    Mills
    Poetl

Drop/Trade
    Forbes
    Gay
    Murray
    Bellini

Derozan
    Aldridge
    Lyles

Don't see much changing except Bellini leaving again. Metu will not be resigned. Weatherspoon probably sticks around ...

Thread Information