Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1677
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. With Collins seemingly coming off the board and seeing rest of the options out there, Im increasingly of mind that working something out with GSW should be near the top of the list of “plays” that should be made.

The other way to look at is:

1. Is picking up Lauri + another FA like Oubre really the better play? Sure we eat Wiggins deal for 2 more years, but do either of those guys make us that much better over the same period? Doubt it.

2. Is overpaying Zach Collins + getting a few other “distressed assets” here and there better?

3. Is the cost of getting Simmons really worth it given his limitation?

The only other play that appeals to me more is something around a DDR S&T (come on Wizards!), but there is too much smoke are DDR taking Lakers MLE to ignore. Then there is the Knicks, with all that space.
    I definitely wouldn't pay the current asking price for Simmons and I don't want Oubre...all the rest I could see to varying degrees depending on other moves that could be made. I also agree with TD 21 that GS is more likely to make their move closer to the deadline with the hopes that Beal comes available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors value Wiggins more than most and wouldn't salary dump him with young assets for a poor fit like DeRozan.

They'll wait out a better win now move, even if it takes up until the trade deadline to consummate.
    I don’t think we’re saying DDR would be going there anymore (rumor is BS, probably by Oubre people trying to stir interest). It’s in the context of sending White or Murray.

And Cleveland sees Love as an asset too... in any event they have a massive tax bill, and the idea is they may want some relief regardless of how they “view” Wiggins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think we’re saying DDR would be going there anymore (rumor is BS, probably by Oubre people trying to stir interest). It’s in the context of sending White or Murray.

And Cleveland sees Love as an asset too... in any event they have a massive tax bill, and the idea is they may want some relief regardless of how they “view” Wiggins.
    White is the only one of the three I could see them having interest in, but the offer would probably stop at Wiggins and Kuminga.

Not anymore and the difference is, the Warriors have to prioritize winning now over their massive tax bill so that their big three don't revolt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im assuming Marrkanen isn’t getting more than 10m (12m max) starting, so I’d be ok with Zach around 9m. So yeah, I do that.

Lauri’s is a story of “when betting on yourself goes wrong.” I don’t see him getting the deal starting at 15m he passed up last year. Dummy.
    Genuine question, do you think Zach Collins would get anywhere near 9m from a team. I was thinking 2-4m.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Zach Collins re-fracture his foot last month? It is doubtful he will be signed by anyone until he passes a physical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what it's come to: I'm actually hoping Dinwiddie is signed and traded to the Wizards because Kuzma (better fit, more well rounded and likely cheaper than Markkanen) is the piece most likely to be traded to the Nets and as I've said, with their massive luxury tax bill, they'd probably prioritize the savings (Walker IV and Eubanks are expendable).

Kuzma/Samanic/Bates-Diop or Jeffries
    Johnson/Vassell/Wieskamp
    Poeltl/Dieng/Collins
    White/Burks/Primo
    Murray/Mills/Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We cannot give up hope.
    It's the hope that kills you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a case where if the Spurs want a player badly enough, they will take him much to the disappointment of fans’ perceived value of what a #12 pick should look like. Let’s see what they do
    You were on point, except for the wrong player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Zach Collins re-fracture his foot last month? It is doubtful he will be signed by anyone until he passes a physical.
    He did, Spurs will do their thing but I’d rather them tank and fill out the roster with 1 year projects and prepare to make a jump next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    20m
    The Miami Heat are picking up guard Goran Dragic’s $19.4 million team option for the 2021-22 season, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    24m
    The Heat are declining the $15M team option on F Andre Iguodala’s contract for next season, making him a free agent, source tells ESPN.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    successful offseason will be losing mills/derozan/gay plz make it happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No clue if this could/would happen but what do y’all think about a potential sign & trade with the clippers for Demar? Luke Kennard + Keon Johnson for Demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    37s
    The Los Angeles Clippers are hoping to re-sign Nicolas Batum, but the free-agent forward also receiving interest from Miami, Golden State and Indiana, league sources tell @YahooSports.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly wouldn't mind doing a S&T with the Clippers for some combination of Morris/Ibaka/Zubac and then just trying to poach Batum with being able to offer more money.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly wouldn't mind doing a S&T with the Clippers for some combination of Morris/Ibaka/Zubac and then just trying to poach Batum with being able to offer more money.
    Morris after the stunt he pulled

Ibaka who is 40 and can't stand up straight

Zubac who the clippers can't decide if he should play or shouldn't play

Batum who makes 3 shots per game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The odds on Lowry and DeRozan landing on the same team together are pretty high. Lowry will take meetings with Philly, Dallas, Miami, and, perhaps, New York. I wonder if he signals that he'd take less money IF the team also signs DeMar.

New York could sign each player outright, but neither Lowry nor DeRozan want to conclude their careers on a non-contender.

Miami, Philly, and Dallas could all sign and trade for DeRozan, generating a mid size to large TPE, which, for a contender, is more valuable than a draft pick. But each team would also trigger a hard cap, limiting the value of a large TPE.

Miami has enough space to sign Lowry. The player(s) whom they'd trade for DeRozan is unclear. The player must be under contract, so Duncan Robinson is out. Precious Achiuwa?

Dallas has enough space to sign Lowry. They've cleared a lot of space, either to outbid Lowry's suitors or max him out and retain THJ. The only obvious sign and trade for DeRozan is Porzingis. Kind of makes sense for both teams.

Philly would have to get super creative and is in the worst position to actually pull off trades. DeRozan and picks for Simmons in order to generate a TPE large enough to absorb Lowry is the only pathway I see. But Morey's asking price for Simmons appears much higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here don’t want any free agents not realizing that there’s about 1 good free agent on the market right now and of course some scrubs, but some of them are still better than our scrubs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris after the stunt he pulled

Ibaka who is 40 and can't stand up straight

Zubac who the clippers can't decide if he should play or shouldn't play

Batum who makes 3 shots per game

You'd ask for Keon Johnson, BJ Boston, and Zubac. No one is interested in Morris or Ibaka.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Miami Heat are trying to figure out a way to reunite free agent DeMar DeRozan with his former Raptors teammate Kyle Lowry in Miami, multiple sources have told #5RSN.

There are many complications to getting such a deal done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs hold all the cards here, if only I had any confidence in Brian Wright...

Young players with decent trade value on reasonable contracts .
    Veterans wanted by contenders, easy to make S&T deals.
    A ton of cap space to take bad contracts.

A good GM would accelerate our timeline by a couple of years this summer.

But as per usual, it'll be we like what we have.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Miami Heat are trying to figure out a way to reunite free agent DeMar DeRozan with his former Raptors teammate Kyle Lowry in Miami, multiple sources have told #5RSN.

There are many complications to getting such a deal done.
    As I mention two posts above this, I believe this request will come from Lowry's camp and Philly, Dallas, and Miami will need to land DeRozan as part of their pitch to Lowry. This is very positive for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly the more I hear about Kelly Oubre on Spurs twitter the more I hope we sign and trade DeRozan for Kyle Kuzma...

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meant to post this here not the SL thread, lol

Time for some

• Aug. 2: Teams can begin negotiating with free agents (6 p.m. ET)
    • Aug. 6: Teams can begin signing free agents (12:01 p.m. ET)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only players I would want from the Heat are Duncan Robinson and Precious. Robinson is a free agent so he’d have to agree to a S&T correct?

Thread Information