Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't serious about fielding a compe ive team next year, and/or are grossly incompetent.
    Bet you felt the same after our 2013 finals loss.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If the Warriors were clapping me off I'd return to, Manu is to compe ive to end his career like that with the Spurs banged up (Leonard, Parker) and the Warriors clapping him off. Hope he has a great season!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's Capt Bringdown. What do you expect?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team was seconds away from a le and had Tim Duncan, prime Parker, and Kawhi lmfao. If you think that = Lamarsha + washed Gay ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team was seconds away from a le and had Tim Duncan, prime Parker, and Kawhi lmfao. If you think that = Lamarsha + washed Gay ....
    How do you know Gay is washed? Probably a good idea to see him play a few months in before coming to that conclusion.

And no, that team isn't them. But we were a Zaza cheap play away from who possibly another finals appearance or deep WCF run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was prime Parker? Hahhaa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know Gay is washed? Probably a good idea to see him play a few months in before coming to that conclusion.

And no, that team isn't them. But we were a Zaza cheap play away from who possibly another finals appearance or deep WCF run.
    Dude, you be talking to the wrong guy. This old boy got his persona and God Dammit, he's sticking to it.
    Manu coming back is the best thing to ever happen to him. He's got nothing to do around here otherwise.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who do you want as the fifth starter if you want Gay coming off the bench?
    A bit of a hybrid answer here. I can see Pau starting and Gay coming off the bench on opening night. A smaller Mills/Green/Leonard/Gay/Aldridge unit makes sense against the Warriors, but Pau can hold his own against most of the rest of the league.

Either way, I can't imagine any realistic lineups that don't have at least one of Leonard/Gay/Aldridge on the floor. They are all volume scorers, so I think my point about Manu not having to be the do-everything player in the second unit stands. He'll still be the primary playmaker though, which is disappointing and somewhat scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, my TGY gonna have to work overtime again selling burritos and enchiladas to Spursfan during games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you be talking to the wrong guy. This old boy got his persona and God Dammit, he's sticking to it.
    Manu coming back is the best thing to ever happen to him. He's got nothing to do around here otherwise.
    Haha.. truth. It's funny seeing people so upset at the silliest of things on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I wonder what the over/under is on what they pay him this time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, my TGY gonna have to work overtime again selling burritos and enchiladas to Spursfan during games...
    and getting hit on the head from one of the manu's turnover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good game from our first SG off the bench shouldn't be a pleasant surprise... If any sixth man SG had the year Manu did, they might be ran out of town... Same with Parker... But our fans think they had a great year and are essential to the team... Fml

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to laugh at this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind what we've done this offseason. Gay will have to change his game a bit, but was probably worth the gamble. Laveurgne seems to have some finishing & passing skills & as long as he doesn't start, his defense shouldn't be too much of an issue. Not unhappy with Simmons walking, he would have been a wing player who can't shoot locked in for 3 seasons. The biggest gamble is assuming TP will be right for the playoffs and not signing another mid tier PG, although they were commanding close to 20 million.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to laugh at this
    Parker outplayed Curry and every other PG that year was in the MVP discussion. Something Manure will NEVER do

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Porker couldn't even outplay Mario Chalmers with the championship on the line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker outplayed Curry and every other PG that year was in the MVP discussion. Something Manure will NEVER do
    Parker had a couple good games in that series, game 1 and game 5 and he was ok overall, but that's not prime Tony. Prime Tony ended in 2007.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I wonder what the over/under is on what they pay him this time?
    Depends on whether they intend to use the BAE, but it'd likely be whatever's left under the tax once Pau's deal is done.

Can't wait to read the usual re s claim how his signing has cost the Spurs other players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker had a couple good games in that series, game 1 and game 5 and he was ok overall, but that's not prime Tony. Prime Tony ended in 2007.
    Parker was great that year. He was on track to win MVP or finish top 3 until he got hurt the last few weeks before the season was over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't serious about fielding a compe ive team next year, and/or are grossly incompetent.
    They did a fine job. We are still contenders if Warriors didn't exist. We can still win it all if the Warriors get an injury bug at the right time. And we did not hurt our 2018 free agency plan.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the 9 years I've been here, I don't recall him ever feeling any different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was great that year. He was on track to win MVP or finish top 3 until he got hurt the last few weeks before the season was over.
    That's not primer Parker. Prime Parker ended last decade. The same way 2014 wasn't prime Duncan, but he was great the entire year and, most importantly, during the playoffs were who was on a mission to take scalps.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Thread Information