Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hate to give up Bennett too, now that he's in shape. I'd like the deal better if it was Wiggins+Waiters for Love considering Waiters is a cancer. He already said on twitter he wouldn't accept a bench role, which is where he'd be if Martin comes as part of the deal. Too bad they're married to Thompson and a huge deal for him, as Rich Paul represents him. But to get a 25 year old Kevin Love even if you have to give up both #1s, it's probably worth it. What a devastating transition team they'd be with Love's outlet passing, James and Irving taking it to the basket, and guys like Martin, Miller, Allen spotting up in the corners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get the hysteria over trading for Love.... the guy's a blatant stat-padder who refuses to play defense (not to mention a locker room cancer), are teams really that desperate for a "name"?

I also love how the justification is that Wiggins is too young and inexperienced to be counted on in a championship window, as if Love has so much playoff experience under his belt
    Sure, while I agree that Love is overrated, that doesn't mean he isn't really good. Overrated does not equal bad. Even being overrated, Love still has incredible advanced statistical impact off/on and is a top 15 player. Also, it's not about playoff experience. It's about overall NBA experience, polish and development. Name the last rookie that played a significant role on a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaries aren't even close to matching up in that, and the Cavs don't have anyone to add that would make it close.

Benett = 5.563 Mil
    Wiggins = I don't know if he's been signed yet, but probably around the same

vs

Love = 15.7
    Martin = 6.8
    Brewer = 4.7

Without getting another team involved, the Cavs-Wolves trade difference would have to be under 5 mil more going to Cleveland. (Ex: Cavs send 11, receive 16)

There's no way the Cavs would be that stupid even if they did want Love. 2 days ago - "Wiggins is off the table", Today - "Not only is Wiggins back on the table, but we're willing to give you last year's 1st overall pick and another pick and take on all your expirings"
    Wiggins' salary can't count, because after he's signed, he can't be trade him for a month. Including Varejao would help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People don't want to admit it, but a big reason why Cleveland's roster sucked those years was because they let James call the shots. GMs need to ignore their players when it comes to roster moves.
    Russ had touched on that earlier in a post upstairs. Lerbon's groupies won't admit it but he helped contribute to the ty rosters with short sighted moves. Not sure if this is a smart move or not. it seems like history repeating itself but possible it could pan out. I imagine if Lebron can simply get one le with Cavs, he'll feel he accomplished his goal instead of building a potential dynasty with Wiggins, someone he doesn't know too well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hate to give up Bennett too, now that he's in shape. I'd like the deal better if it was Wiggins+Waiters for Love considering Waiters is a cancer. He already said on twitter he wouldn't accept a bench role, which is where he'd be if Martin comes as part of the deal. Too bad they're married to Thompson and a huge deal for him, as Rich Paul represents him. But to get a 25 year old Kevin Love even if you have to give up both #1s, it's probably worth it. What a devastating transition team they'd be with Love's outlet passing, James and Irving taking it to the basket, and guys like Martin, Miller, Allen spotting up in the corners.
    Thompson is very much worth his contract. He has become a pretty useful player and that's a good thing, especially for that position with the Cavs. I don't see how (as Chinook pointed out) how they can do a big deal with Minny straight up, so your proposal is pretty close to what it will end up as if it's a 2-team trade IMO.

But I'd rather give up Bennett than Waiters. Waiters has a lot of talent and while there may be some at ude problems, I would imagine a strong leader like Bron and winning will probably cure that. Even then, they could start him and make him happy anyways.

I read the "tweet" about Waiters not starting. I feel it was very irresponsible reporting and they really made that up. If you read the tweet in context, he never said anything close to he refuses to not start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ had touched on that earlier in a post upstairs. Lerbon's groupies won't admit it but he helped contribute to the ty rosters with short sighted moves. Not sure if this is a smart move or not. it seems like history repeating itself but possible it could pan out. I imagine if Lebron can simply get one le with Cavs, he'll feel he accomplished his goal instead of building a potential dynasty with Wiggins, someone he doesn't know too well.
    Also, I'm not sure Love actually reups with the Cavs after James took his short deal. It makes more sense for him to just agree to opt in to his final year and hit free agency at the same time as James.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson is very much worth his contract. He has become a pretty useful player and that's a good thing, especially for that position with the Cavs. I don't see how (as Chinook pointed out) how they can do a big deal with Minny straight up, so your proposal is pretty close to what it will end up as if it's a 2-team trade IMO.

But I'd rather give up Bennett than Waiters. Waiters has a lot of talent and while there may be some at ude problems, I would imagine a strong leader like Bron and winning will probably cure that. Even then, they could start him and make him happy anyways.

I read the "tweet" about Waiters not starting. I feel it was very irresponsible reporting and they really made that up. If you read the tweet in context, he never said anything close to he refuses to not start.
    But Thompson isn't going to be worth the extension Rich Paul will negotiate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bennett looking like Zach Randolph in Summer League to be honest...Really moving well and showing some nice things for a guy his size. He's not too athletic and is undersized, but has a pretty good handle for that size and is showing some nice footwork and offense.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why I'm starting to care about this, but Cavs should stay put. they won't win next year anyways, and does Wiggins really need more than a year or two to reach all-star level?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with CLE waiting and playing hardball either. Especially if they think MIN really values Wiggins more than anyone and you don't think anyone else will offer up anything more enticing for a while. While they may not be able to keep Wiggins, the may save themselves another asset.

But if they have to give up Wiggins, I think it's worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Thompson isn't going to be worth the extension Rich Paul will negotiate.
    Then it seems like a good trade asset to get a defensive minded wing player IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why I'm starting to care about this, but Cavs should stay put. they won't win next year anyways, and does Wiggins really need more than a year or two to reach all-star level?
    Who says he ever does? Clevelands only shot at a le is with LeBron. LeBron/Wiggins or LeBron/Love. One is more of a sure thing. Imo the Cavs should go for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, even if Wiggins pans out and Love doesn't, you still have the asset that is Love. You can mitigate a lot of any potential damage because of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I get people wanting to see Lebron/Wiggins. That has so much potential and can be exciting. But, as much as I might not be in Love with Love (I know..), does no one want to see what Love can do on a playoff team? I'm a fan of the NBA and I want to see that.

It will either be incredibly exciting or give us a lot of ammo to rip on Love. We win either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins' salary can't count, because after he's signed, he can't be trade him for a month. Including Varejao would help
    Didn't realize that, but that makes the trade even less likely to happen now imo. The Cavs won't trade Varejao. They didn't after his monster start 2 years ago when he was at the peak of his value. Varejao + those two benchwarmers they have signed + Wiggins for Love would work, but that leaves the Cavs in an even worse win-now position imo if they can't get a third team to give em a center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves got some nerves. Love is walkin away next year, and they still dictate terms. Wiggins, Bennett and picks and they get rid of Martin`s bad contract ? Wow

On the other hand Cavs are like 2k Sport "GM`s" who got 99 skill player and will trade anything for another 90+ player. And they will have Waiters and Thompson for only 1 year after that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize that, but that makes the trade even less likely to happen now imo. The Cavs won't trade Varejao. They didn't after his monster start 2 years ago when he was at the peak of his value. Varejao + those two benchwarmers they have signed + Wiggins for Love would work, but that leaves the Cavs in an even worse win-now position imo if they can't get a third team to give em a center.
    They can't trade anyone they signed until the 15th of December. So this thing is going to drag out unless Golden State gets him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says he ever does? Clevelands only shot at a le is with LeBron. LeBron/Wiggins or LeBron/Love. One is more of a sure thing. Imo the Cavs should go for it.
    Eh, the Miami Lebrons had enough offense to win the le--they just couldn't defend worth a lick. I don't see how the new Cavs would be any better than last years' Heat in defense. They're worse in nearly every area except probably SG. (Never cared enough to know if Waiters can play D, but I assume he's a relatively mobile human being)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, the Miami Lebrons had enough offense to win the le--they just couldn't defend worth a lick. I don't see how the new Cavs would be any better than last years' Heat in defense. They're worse in nearly every area except probably SG. (Never cared enough to know if Waiters can play D, but I assume he's a relatively mobile human being)
    How many teams in the East are offensive threats?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How many teams in the East are offensive threats?
    Your mother's breath and a bull's fart for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't trade anyone they signed until the 15th of December. So this thing is going to drag out unless Golden State gets him.
    Carrick Felix + Matthew Dellavedova were they guys I was talking about. They were with the Cavs last year & had multi year deals.

But there's still no reason for the Cavs to make a trade now, Love'll still be there in a few months as long as Golden Sun doesn't up their ante. Love'll be injured by the trade deadline anyhow, so that'll probably lower his value enough to where even if Wiggins isn't as studly as we thought they'd still be able to get a deal done tbh fwiw imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mother's breath and a bull's fart for one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So what happens when the Love-James affair doesn't work out? Lebron leaves, and the Cavs are left with Kyrie and Love, two players who has reached a 0 amount of playoff games

Wiggins is the Cavs insurance in the event Lebron leaves. You wait for Minnesota's desperation to sink in (likely before the deadline) and then make a move. They listen to your pitch or they can let him walk for nothing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So what happens when the Love-James affair doesn't work out? Lebron leaves, and the Cavs are left with Kyrie and Love, two players who has reached a 0 amount of playoff games

Wiggins is the Cavs insurance in the event Lebron leaves. You wait for Minnesota's desperation (likely before the deadline) and you bring YOUR best offer. They listen to your pitch or let him walk for nothing.
    I'm sure The Gilbs has guarantees that James is in it for the long haul. And I frankly believe he is. He's home and under the protection of Silver, NYC, CT., and a centralized Media.

Thread Information