Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livio Jean-Charles will stay one more year in France. It has just been confirmed by his team's owner who talked with Spurs about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just said this in another thread. With the team having plenty of vets, I'm sort of hoping one of the young guys pans out...like Graham or Eddie. Also, per benfti, the Spurs are keeping tabs on Aussie G/F Ryan Broekhoff. Supposedly the same source that said we were watching Baynes said we are watching him as well. He's playing with Denver's SL team in Vegas.
    Spurs need more youth on the team. I don't want to see Spurs end up like the Lakers when Karl Malone joined. They were destroyed when everyone realized that they had zero mobility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signed with Washington on a 1 year/$4 million deal.
    I like Alan Adernson's game, but as expected, he's too expensive.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need more youth on the team. I don't want to see Spurs end up like the Lakers when Karl Malone joined. They were destroyed when everyone realized that they had zero mobility.
    Are you saying this Spurs team has zero mobility?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJC is not ready for the NBA. Let him stay overseas for another year to try and further develop some sort of offensive game. He would absolutely kill the spacing in the Spurs offense at this point, despite how good he might be defensively. Use that roster spot on a veteran.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of Spurs players could possibly lose a step or two this season: Duncan(39), West(34), Diaw (33), Ginobili(37), Parker(33).

Parker and Diaw are just a year younger than West. West looked like he was wearing cement shoes last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJC is not ready for the NBA. Let him stay overseas for another year to try and further develop some sort of offensive game. He would absolutely kill the spacing in the Spurs offense at this point, despite how good he might be defensively. Use that roster spot on a veteran.
    No! We need him next season to start developing on a world class development system. It has been two years already since his injury and very little improvement to show for it!

Why add another veteran in their Mid 30's who can't keep up with the pace? Who is left anyway, Rasual and Carron Butler, Tayshun Price, Jason Richardson.... they all can barely run anymore!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of Spurs players could possibly lose a step or two this season: Duncan(39), West(34), Diaw (33), Ginobili(37), Parker(33).

Parker and Diaw are just a year younger than West. West looked like he was wearing cement shoes last season.
    That was not the question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals that year. Primarily because Malone got hurt. I wouldn't call that "getting destroyed".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the Spurs could use some youth/athleticism. I'm all for veteran leadership, but we're already the oldest team in the league at this point.. Besides Kawhi and Danny, this team is ing old, tbh. Would love a wing and/or backup Center in their 20's at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the Spurs could use some youth/athleticism. I'm all for veteran leadership, but we're already the oldest team in the league at this point.. Besides Kawhi and Danny, this team is ing old, tbh. Would love a wing and/or backup Center in their 20's at this point.
    I say sign Bonner, and that's your last 'veteran leadership' you need for this team. You got to have the youth in the team to learn from these veterans BEFORE they retire!

Who is Duncan going to teach if the team has NO CENTERS?

Besides, veterans coming from other teams are entirely clueless and have never played in a Spurs like system. What vetearn value does Rasual Butler gives when he's played mostly in non-playoff teams????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the names I've heard repeatedly here:

C: Jeff Withey, Cole Aldrich, Emeka Okafor, Kevin Seraphin ("C"), Samuel Dalembert

PG: Nate Wolters, Donald Sloan, Jameer Nelson,

SG/SF: Caron Butler, Rasual Butler, Dorrell Wright, Ben Gordon, Wayne Ellington, Tayshaun Prince

Other SL options might include:

Dairis Bertans, Cady Lalanne, Jerrell Eddie, various other "Pet Cats"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there any interest from the Spurs on Wesley Johnson? Didn't know he was a FA until I saw he signed with the Clips. He would have been a nice add. A wing, shooter, youth, can hit the 3...etc Clips got him for a vet min it seems. Plus he's from Texas. Maybe he liked the lights of LA and wanted to stay, just win more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there any interest from the Spurs on Wesley Johnson? Didn't know he was a FA until I saw he signed with the Clips. He would have been a nice add. A wing, shooter, youth, can hit the 3...etc Clips got him for a vet min it seems. Plus he's from Texas. Maybe he liked the lights of LA and wanted to stay, just win more?
    He hasn't exactly set the world on fire. The Spurs really need a player that they can lean on this season at the 2/3. My guess would be that they just felt they needed someone a little more "put together."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sonny Weems, Suns Agree Upon Two-Year, $5.8M Deal

Jul 8, 2015 3:54 PM

Sonny Weems and the Phoenix Suns have agreed upon a two-year, $5.8 million deal.

Weems last played in the NBA in 2011 with the Toronto Raptors.

Weems has since played in Europe with Zalgiris and CSKA.

Weems turned 29 on July 8th.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238675/Sonny-Weems-Suns-Agree-Upon-Two-Year-$58M-Deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely agree we need more youth, but just to be fair that Lakers team made it to the Finals and might have won it if Malone hadn't gotten hurt and Kobe didn't shoot them out of the series. Who destroyed them besides Detroit?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

. He was going to be in the Vegas team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

. He was going to be in the Vegas team
    Or someone liked him too much and didn't want to give him too much exposure for other teams so they sat him down with a fake injury.

unless he was injured yesterday. I didn't watch the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolters has been beasting. I'd sign him up now regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr.Bottomtooth was high on him as well as me. I really wanted to see him play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PGs - Parker / Mills / Ginobili
    Wings - Leonard / Green / Ginobili / Anderson / Dairis Bertans / Jerell Eddie
    Bigmen - Aldridge / Duncan / West / Diaw / Cady Lalanne / Jeff Withey

That's 14 roster spots (Manu listed twice) with the hope of finding a PG later so Manu doesn't have to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I've been recording the games hes played specifically to watch him. Definitely worthy of a training camp invite at the least.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Glen Robinson III? Can survive in spot minutes just on his athleticism. Shot can be fixed too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about John Jenkins? Good shooter, played in Atlanta last year so he played a similar system. Not a bad project for the minimum.

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    Joel Freeland?

Thread Information