Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last edited by ace3g; 12-17-2015 at 12:28 AM.

MMAjunkie @MMAjunkie
    Germaine de Randamie injured, out of UFC on FOX 17 bout with Sarah Kaufman dlvr.it/Cw2p9S via @MMAjunkie

MAIN CARD
    FOX, 8 p.m. ET
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone
    for lightweight le

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
    Nate Diaz vs. Michael Johnson
    Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Randa Markos

PRELIMINARY CARD
    FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET
    Myles Jury vs. Charles Oliveira

Post Count
    Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
    Nate Diaz vs. Michael Johnson
    Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Randa Markos

Myles Jury
    vs. Charles Oliveira

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Corrone for lightweight le - RDA is solid everywhere, but I like Cowboy's athleticism in this one. I know Cowboy has had issues in the past with high profile fights, but I get the sense that his mind is in a better place now. And anyway, I'm a big fan of his so I'm rooting for him anyway...

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem - Cain somehow stole JDS's life force in their second fight. Overeem obviously isn't what he used to be, but he's better than JDS at this point.

Nate Diaz vs. Michael Johnson - fun to have Stockton back in the octagon, but Johnson is legit

Myles Jury vs. Charles Oliveira - Oliveira is no joke, but he can't handle the FURY.

Post Count
    Oliveira misses weight. Should be a no contest for our calls in this forum.

Nate in full "Diaz" mode

Couldn't even hear his post fight interview, trash talked Conor? I think ? lol

REEM!!!

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
    RDA: Hey McGregor, you want to come to lightweight division? This is my division. You better stay at featherweight.

RDA to McGregor: I will fight you in Brazil, Ireland ... I am here to stay.

Post Count
    RDA is a ing savage, he made easy work of Cowboy. I honestly think the first punch that hit Cowboy drained him and after that the onslaught of punches destroyed him. RDA

Post Count
    RDA: Hey McGregor, you want to come to lightweight division? This is my division. You better stay at featherweight.

RDA to McGregor: I will fight you in Brazil, Ireland ... I am here to stay.

Does Conor really want to fight RDA? I seriously think he should reconsider...

Conor McGregor’s prediction of becoming a two-weight world champion is coming closer to fruition. UFC Dana White has promised McGregor a lightweight le shot if he chooses to move up to the weight class.

McGregor (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) captured the UFC featherweight le from Jose Aldo (25-2 MMA, 7-1 UFC) with a record-setting first-round knockout in UFC 194’s main event and continued to take the sport by storm with another brilliant performance.

“The Notorious” has called his shots since the day he set foot in the UFC, and prior to his showdown with Aldo he revealed his intention to jump up a weight class after UFC 194 and become a champion in two weight classes.

Although the plan seemed lofty at the time, White said McGregor’s performance made him worthy of the opportunity.

“(McGregor’s coach) John Kavanagh said in the octagon he’ll never make 145 again. He said, ‘I don’t want him making that weight again; it’s not good for him,'” White said on the UFC 194 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “I’d bring him straight in for a le shot. … They’ve been talking about going to ’55, but you never know with Conor.”

UFC Vice President of Public Relations Dave Sholler confirmed White’s statement at UFC 194’s post-fight press conference.

Sholler said McGregor has the option of fighting Edgar at 145 pounds after “The Answer” scored a first-round knockout of Chad Mendes at the TUF 22 Finale on Friday. Or, he could vacate his newly won belt and face the winner of next weekend’s UFC on FOX 17 main event between 155-pound champ Rafael dos Anjos and Donald Cerrone.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/dana-wh...to-lightweight

Post Count
    If Conor fights against RDA and wins, he immediately enters all-time great discussions.

Post Count
    If Conor fights against RDA and wins, he immediately enters all-time great discussions.
    You think he can beat RDA? I can't see it happening as of right now tbh

Post Count
    You think he can beat RDA? I can't see it happening as of right now tbh
    I mean, he's been doubted at every turn, and he continues to not only win, but completely dominate. I'd still probably take RDA... but Conor beating him wouldn't shock me, nothing he does would shock me at this point.

Post Count
    Also, what the is up with Cowboy and ting the bed in his le fights?

Post Count
    I mean, he's been doubted at every turn, and he continues to not only win, but completely dominate. I'd still probably take RDA... but Conor beating him wouldn't shock me, nothing he does would shock me at this point.
    The only time I recall Conor taking significant damage was his fight with Chad Mendes. I honestly think Mendes would have won that fight if he had more time to train, his conditioning was not up to par (He took the fight on 2 week notice). He pretty much dominated Conor for most of the fight until he gassed. I honestly think if Conor fought RDA it would play out like his fight with Mendes, only thing is RDA isn't going to get gassed which would present major problems for Conor imho.

PS - Notice how everyone is calling out Conor lately?

Post Count
    Also, what the is up with Cowboy and ting the bed in his le fights?
    That was a weaksauce performance from Cowboy, I still think it was the very first jab he took from RDA that shook him up. You can never get careless out there and think you can eat a punch, it only takes one hit to completely change a fight. I really feel the UFC wanted Cowboy to beat RDA so then he could go on to face Conor. Can you imagine the trash talk that would come out of a Cowboy-McGregor matchup ? Ratings would have gone through the roof. But that's not gunna happen now so I wonder where Cowboy goes from here?

Post Count
    The only time I recall Conor taking significant damage was his fight with Chad Mendes. I honestly think Mendes would have won that fight if he had more time to train, his conditioning was not up to par (He took the fight on 2 week notice). He pretty much dominated Conor for most of the fight until he gassed. I honestly think if Conor fought RDA it would play out like his fight with Mendes, only thing is RDA isn't going to get gassed which would present major problems for Conor imho.

PS - Notice how everyone is calling out Conor lately?
    I think Mendes gassed when Conor beat him up with kicks and punches. I don't think Chad wins that fight, but who knows.

Post Count
    I think Mendes gassed when Conor beat him up with kicks and punches. I don't think Chad wins that fight, but who knows.
    All I remember was Mendes taking Conor down numerous times and Conor bleeding all over the place as he was getting grounded and pounded. Maybe I'll go back and watch the fight. Hopefully I can find it online

Post Count
    All I remember was Mendes taking Conor down numerous times and Conor bleeding all over the place as he was getting grounded and pounded. Maybe I'll go back and watch the fight. Hopefully I can find it online
    I don't think anyone would argue that Conor needs to work on his ground game. However, his spacing and stand-up seems to make up for it. Do you think even RDS could handle Conor on his feet?

Post Count
    I don't think anyone would argue that Conor needs to work on his ground game. However, his spacing and stand-up seems to make up for it. Do you think even RDS could handle Conor on his feet?
    Hmm...that's a tough one. I think Conor def has the advantage on the feet but I don't think the margin is that great imho. I hope to see them fight soon...

Thread Information