• DeRozan

30 49.18%
  • Samanic

9 14.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minute Mark Of 1st Qtr Player Subs ution Below.

12:00 --7:00 --5:00 -----3:00
    DJM__DJM___White_Mills
    White_White__Mills__LW4
    DDR___KJ____KJ____Vassell
    Gay___DDR__DDR____KJ
    LMA __LMA_Jakob__Jakob

LMA will need to be traded by the trade deadline if Lyles should get minutes this season, if not Vassell may not get his deserved rotation minutes this season. I do still believe that the Vets (LMA, Gay, DDR & Mills) will get multiple DNP- Coaches Decision this season which will open up playing time for Vassell, T-Jones, Luka and Eubanks. Our 2-Way players in QW & K-Diops will also see some limited game action due to Pop giving rotation players certain games off to keep them fresh due to extended back to back scheduled games this condensed season.
    There's no way Trey Lyles should get any significant minutes this season beyond mop up duty. One reason to keep LMA is to just keep Lyles off the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay's injury screwed any chance the Spurs had of getting Wiseman.
    If Wiseman pick was Aldridge plus 11th pick, that could be a bitter pill if we’ve missed on Vassell. I really feel Vassel is a very special player. Great defensive instinct, smooth shot and overall knowledge of the game developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles has a place in the NBA. Just not a starter. Not in the West at least. Also remember he is rusty. He hasn't played for a long time. Still, bench him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay's injury screwed any chance the Spurs had of getting Wiseman.
    Probably, then again its hard to say whether they were seriously considering it on not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles has a place in the NBA. Just not a starter. Not in the West at least. Also remember he is rusty. He hasn't played for a long time. Still, bench him.
    He isn't as bad as he played, he definitely is rusty after having not played in 9 months. He was mostly fine last season and good the last five games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson has to start IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't as bad as he played, he definitely is rusty after having not played in 9 months. He was mostly fine last season and good the last five games.
    His impression to me is that he’s not a gym rat to improve more on his God given skills. A much much poorer version of Diaw who could’ve been multiple all star imo, I mean Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Eubanks never mentioned as getting minutes beyond scrub?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles unless Sam beats him out. There is literally no other option, and it's not worth discussing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar at the 4. Lamarcus at 5.

Against bigger teams like Lakers, aldridge 4. Poeltl 5. Lyles should've been waived, he serves no purpose.
    ya lyles sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when this entire forum said Lyles was when he was with Utah and Denver? How things change when he's our scrub. <3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO @ starting DeMar at PF... Dude carried us straight to the lottery as a sf and you wanna put him in a position where he is worse? Secondly, small teams don't win championships... Small ball doesn't work... We need long, versatile players... DeMar vs anthony davis or zion would be laughable... Get this guy off the team already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll is off - every game should start DA at PF and JP at center until hopefully the former is traded.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll is off - every game should start DA at PF and JP at center until hopefully the former is traded.
    Who is DA?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I want is to see some entertaining basketball. That means White, Keldon, and Vassell have to start. I'd be okay with Lonnie starting in place of one of those.

What i don't want to see is LMA playing the 4 or DJM starting. That's just a recipe for boring basketball. No thanks

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO @ starting DeMar at PF... Dude carried us straight to the lottery as a sf and you wanna put him in a position where he is worse? Secondly, small teams don't win championships... Small ball doesn't work... We need long, versatile players... DeMar vs anthony davis or zion would be laughable... Get this guy off the team already
    If you think this team is competing for a championship, you might be even more delusional than those MAGA chuds believing Trump won the election

Otherwise, I agree. The optimal outcome would be if the Spurs traded away Demar, but that ship has sailed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge chucking 3's could be an indicative of Demar starting at 4, and Keldon playing 3. But am I the only one who thinks Aldridge chucking 3's is disgusting? Especially since Aldridge can always punish these young players in the low post. My starter:

White
    Vassell (he's the best 3 and D in the roster)
    Keldon
    Demar
    Aldridge

2nd team
    Murray (he is not a starter and should not play at the same time with Demar as they both have inconsistent outside range)
    Mills
    Lonnie/Diop
    Gay/Luka
    Poeltl/Lyle

3rd team and mop-up minutes
    Quinndary
    Eubanks
    Last edited by John B; 12-14-2020 at 12:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop is going to legit try to make LMA/Poeltl work. My guess is that starting two bigs is his go-to reaction to a bad defensive year. What I hope he realizes is that LMA shooting threes was to make him a more viable center. There's pretty much nothing he could do to be a more viable PF. Poeltl has a lot of pluses, but he has real minuses too, and that shooting isn't even an option for him means he can't play with a second big outside niche match-ups.

I don't think DeRozan starting at PF is going to be an option. I was very dismissive of the non-Lyles/Samanic options, and I still feel that way. I think Pop shouldn't get too married to Trey at the four, because the potential of a guy like Samanic who could shoot, handle and run would fit way better with the down-hill offense he wanted to continue from the bubble. Lyles isn't nearly the drag that some folks are trying to say he is, but he's not a combo-forward. Sam apparently didn't play well, but he's the only guy on the roster with the upside to unseat the meh-but-not-horrible play Lyles gives.

I don't think KBD is anywhere near that level. I like him as an option later in the year if the roster gets cleared up from a trade. But I'd focus on having him learn the system and fill in cracks this year and take advantage of his RFA status next off-season to lock him into a long-term deal with a firmer projection of his rotational spot. Depending on how the d-league bubble situation works out, the team might be able to keep him and/or Weatherspoon "up" with the big club the whole year. If he runs out of two-way days, he's a candidate for the 15th spot later in the season. But best I can see him doing is being a back-up forward for some games down the stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge chucking 3's could be an indicative of Demar starting at 4, and Keldon playing 3. But am I the only one who thinks Aldridge chucking 3's is disgusting? Especially since Aldridge can always punish these young players in the low post. My starter:

White
    Vassell (he's the best 3 and D in the roster)
    Keldon
    Demar
    Aldridge

2nd team
    Murray (he is not a starter and should not play at the same time with Demar as they both have inconsistent outside range)
    Mills
    Lonnie
    Gay/Diop
    Poeltl/Luka

3rd team and mop-up minutes
    Quinndary
    Eubanks
    Keller
    Aldridge going on the low block kills the pace and ball movement. Maybe in the playoffs, sure. But if the guys are trying to play a certain way, Aldridge has to reduce the number of times he's going in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop is going to legit try to make LMA/Poeltl work. My guess is that starting two bigs is his go-to reaction to a bad defensive year. What I hope he realizes is that LMA shooting threes was to make him a more viable center. There's pretty much nothing he could do to be a more viable PF. Poeltl has a lot of pluses, but he has real minuses too, and that shooting isn't even an option for him means he can't play with a second big outside niche match-ups.

I don't think DeRozan starting at PF is going to be an option. I was very dismissive of the non-Lyles/Samanic options, and I still feel that way. I think Pop shouldn't get too married to Trey at the four, because the potential of a guy like Samanic who could shoot, handle and run would fit way better with the down-hill offense he wanted to continue from the bubble. Lyles isn't nearly the drag that some folks are trying to say he is, but he's not a combo-forward. Sam apparently didn't play well, but he's the only guy on the roster with the upside to unseat the meh-but-not-horrible play Lyles gives.

I don't think KBD is anywhere near that level. I like him as an option later in the year if the roster gets cleared up from a trade. But I'd focus on having him learn the system and fill in cracks this year and take advantage of his RFA status next off-season to lock him into a long-term deal with a firmer projection of his rotational spot. Depending on how the d-league bubble situation works out, the team might be able to keep him and/or Weatherspoon "up" with the big club the whole year. If he runs out of two-way days, he's a candidate for the 15th spot later in the season. But best I can see him doing is being a back-up forward for some games down the stretch.
    KBD was on track to have the same number of minutes Vassell played. That's without any injuries in front of him. I think Pop sees something in practice.

Very bold to still stand by your LMA/Poetl line-up after being destroyed defensively by quick guards and forwards who shoot 3s in the Thunder game. Doesn't make sense at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can't say that you're going to play more up tempo this year and start Gay/LMA/Poeltl or even LMA/Poeltl unless he's gone truly senile... which I wouldn't doubt at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They didn't even practice much with that line-up.

Y'all are overreacting as usual.

Preseason. We talkin' about preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information