San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was forgetting Sochan.
    And the better center in Zollins.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you on shipping Murray. I don't want to either. That said, we're a treadmill/perpetual play in team, and the only way out of purgatory is to liquidate the little talent we have for a chance at something better. It's a rock-and-a-hard-place situation for sure.

And yah, only moron fluffers think Primo is anything more than a potential career journeyman.
    I'd like to think Primo is more than that based on this team's success in the draft, but he's a long term project at best and no way he could be thought of as a reasonable subs ute for Murray. If OKC can win 24 games and get a #2 pick with SGA though surely the Spurs can gut the rest of the team and get in that range with Murray still the starting PG too. Dump Poetl for sure and if comes to Keldon vs Dejounte, I guess dump Keldon too. Though I don't think Johnson is enough of a talent that it would make a difference either way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the picks in play are unprotected and I doubt they can get any. And 14% is the best any team, even the worst team, can get as a chance for the top pick in the draft.
    Quote from Timvp this morning "San Antonio’s asking price for Murray is four first round draft picks with little to no protections. Alternatively, the Spurs want three minimally protected first rounders and two unprotected first round pick swaps."

I'm not sure where you're getting your "none of the picks in play are unprotected" mantra but thats simply not what's been reported...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would increase the Spurs trajectory of being a contender and align with the young core they already have if they can land two picks inside the top 10 instead of keeping Murray and having no picks inside the top 10.
    Correct... it's simply our best play at the moment it seems to me..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from Timvp this morning "San Antonio’s asking price for Murray is four first round draft picks with little to no protections. Alternatively, the Spurs want three minimally protected first rounders and two unprotected first round pick swaps."

I'm not sure where you're getting your "none of the picks in play are unprotected" mantra but thats simply not what's been reported...
    What the Spurs are asking is not going to come to fruition. No one is giving up unprotected picks anymore. Minimally protected would mean more like 1-10 or at least 1-4, which again means no tall skinny French guy. All the picks bandied about by Atlanta and elsewhere are heavily protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to think Primo is more than that based on this team's success in the draft, but he's a long term project at best and no way he could be thought of as a reasonable subs ute for Murray. If OKC can win 24 games and get a #2 pick with SGA though surely the Spurs can gut the rest of the team and get in that range with Murray still the starting PG too. Dump Poetl for sure and if comes to Keldon vs Dejounte, I guess dump Keldon too. Though I don't think Johnson is enough of a talent that it would make a difference either way.
    I'm with you - there should be a path to tanking that allows you to keep DJ. But then you're left facing what you do with his contract. I have a tough time believing DJ is a $200 million man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Spurs are asking is not going to come to fruition. No one is giving up unprotected picks anymore. Minimally protected would mean more like 1-10 or at least 1-4, which again means no tall skinny French guy. All the picks bandied about by Atlanta and elsewhere are heavily protected.
    Ah... I see...the sources in your head are better than Timvp's sources in the organization....got it...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you - there should be a path to tanking that allows you to keep DJ. But then you're left facing what you do with his contract. I have a tough time believing DJ is a $200 million man.
    If the Spurs can draft a high level player and thus have enough talent to actually have a shot at competing I'd say to pay Murray his market value in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can DJ improve in two years to be worth a max contract? It’s realistic but should Spurs gamble and risk him walking or a less s&t return than what they are getting offered now?
    Nah. This is pretty much peak DJ, barely a second option, maybe a 2.5. He was a fantastic pick at 29, but won’t lead you anywhere but the play in.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. This is pretty much peak DJ, barely a second option, maybe a 2.5. He was a fantastic pick at 29, but won’t lead you anywhere but the play in.
    Agree
    There is a good chance DJ won't even be an all star next year and it would only take his numbers to come down a little
    and that can happen with improvement from other players and if that happens Murray's value comes down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. The time to trade is now. His value likely will never be higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any of this is true, it just makes the DeRozan/Aldridge Mid Range Era all the more frustrating... I wanted a proactive aggressive approach and restart then, knowing that the post Kawhi team wasn't capable of winning a chip, but the FO stuck with them both for too long in my opinion. It was clear in 2019 that a 29 yr old DeRozan and a 33 yr old Aldridge weren't the answer, and now here we are in 2022 still hoping the assets from the DeRozan trade add up to something significant before 2026. There is some bad luck involved here, I'll give that to the Spurs. They did a good job of clearing space for this off season, but unfortunately there just aren't any big impact FAs to go after.
    „I had to get my record“

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure about that tbh. he's gotten better literally every year and he's 25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else feel who the other east team is. Many speculate the Knicks but they got for Brunson and the key phrase is a young desirable player they are not trading Barrett and obi or anyone else on their team is not young and desirable.

So any thoughts my mind goes to the Wizards rt away or obviously Charlotte they both have some desirable young players if only one is to be included. Can't say any other team sticks out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which doesn't change much tbh. Atlata is prolly gonna be a PO teams for the years to come, these picks wouldn't certainly be lottery.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure about that tbh. he's gotten better literally every year and he's 25
    That's exactly why his value is high. If you and everyone else was sure DJ has peaked his value would not be as high.

You don't want to shop him after a bad year or declining numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else feel who the other east team is. Many speculate the Knicks but they got for Brunson and the key phrase is a young desirable player they are not trading Barrett and obi or anyone else on their team is not young and desirable.

So any thoughts my mind goes to the Wizards rt away or obviously Charlotte they both have some desirable young players if only one is to be included. Can't say any other team sticks out.
    NY or Washington is my guess...outside shot of it being Detroit or Orlando..

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which doesn't change much tbh. Atlata is prolly gonna be a PO teams for the years to come, these picks wouldn't certainly be lottery.
    You never know. Injuries can destroy any team.

I thought Portland and The Lakers were playoff teams last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You kind of answered your own question. Yes, he'll likely cost upwards of 180-200M in 2 years. And he'll be 27-28 while most of the other major players -- aside from Vassell and Johnson at 24 or 25 -- on this team would be 21 or 22, assuming we also shed Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this hasn't happened by tonight it ain't happening at all

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does impact the exchange I was having with Body. On a separate note, I don't think Atl is certain to be a PO with this deal.they are one Trae injury from being bottom 8 in the league as well unless they can make other moves.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's best to get a third team involved, with the spurs adding another asset or player along with Collins to sweeten the deal enough for the third team to trade an unprotected pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this hasn't happened by tonight it ain't happening at all
    It makes too much sense not to do. Ship him out. Ship out Poeltl. Tank hard. Get the best opportunity at Wembanyama you can. Come out with a huge amount of picks and supremely talented youngsters and own the NBA for another decade or two. It's the Spurs way. GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

could also be the Heat as reported on hoopshype. They apparently reached out, but saw that Murray is heading elsewhere. Also shoutout to timvp even hoopshype is posting him as a source now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could also be the Heat as reported on hoopshype. They apparently reached out, but saw that Murray is heading elsewhere. Also shoutout to timvp even hoopshype is posting him as a source now
    even yahoo sports is using him as a source

Thread Information