Page 110 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with Giddey. Interesting to take him before Wagner but I see the rationale (just playing with this scenario). Wagner overlaps with Samanac a lot. Giddey is a big swing, but a potentially transformative player. I don't mean a star, necessarily, but his size and passing could open things up considerably for a team where only White is a regular playmaker beyond the standard mechanical sets.
    now that giddey has been left off the aussie national team for the olympics, i'm thinking his stock will either stay where it's at or drop although i'm not sure if he will now agree to start doing some workouts for teams.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now that giddey has been left off the aussie national team for the olympics, i'm thinking his stock will either stay where it's at or drop although i'm not sure if he will now agree to start doing some workouts for teams.
    He’s my wildcard pick. Could be unplayable but we really could use his passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on the Bouknight wagon, my top 5 assuming the top prospects don't fall:

1: Bouknight
    2: Wagner
    3: Moody
    4: Sengun
    5: Keon Johnson

If the Spurs trade down, Duarte is number 1 for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s my wildcard pick. Could be unplayable but we really could use his passing.
    yes, he'd be valuable in that regard and with his height, he could play the three or four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corey kispert. Please and thanks. Then sign duncan Robinson and lauri markannen. Constant shootouts in San Antonio.
    With absolutely zero defense being played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Corey Kispert! All of the other potential lottery picks are talked about like they're cool brews from hip microbreweries, and Kispert seems to keep getting viewed as a boring can of Coors Light. I'm guessing spurstalk would be generally unhappy if he turned out to be the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Corey Kispert! All of the other potential lottery picks are talked about like they're cool brews from hip microbreweries, and Kispert seems to keep getting viewed as a boring can of Coors Light. I'm guessing spurstalk would be generally unhappy if he turned out to be the pick.
    He's a boring old shooty white dude from Gonzaga. I don't think any fan base would be thrilled to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean, it wouldn't kill me if kispert is the pick but it'd be kind of like going to the ice cream parlor and finding out the only flavor left is vanilla.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a sour beer? An acquired taste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a sour beer? An acquired taste.
    coors lite is not an acquired taste. it's just undrinkable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just looked at mock draft boards after I posted this. I looked at like 5 or 6. The highest I saw on any of those that he went was 12 to us on the ringer. Aside from that it was 13th and 17th, etc. In fact, one didn't have him going in the first round at all.

So I think he'll be there although one mock did have him as the sleeper of the draft. And so it's entirely possible ppl are downplaying the kid in hopes he'll be there. I could see a team like OKC knowing the Spurs like him try to trade up to snag him quite honestly at 11.

He's really the perfect fit for us...a foreigner. And by that I just mean it's likely we can develop him and he'll fit into the culture really well. And maybe stick around long term even if he develops into a star. We need folks like that again.
    Charlotte does need a center, but do we really think Jordan would draft a foreign finesse guy? I see them going for Kai Jones easily or Isaiah Jackson. I guess Sacto needs help down low, too? I don't trust their drafting or sense of teambuilding, although they nailed Haliburton last year. If they have defensive woes -- and they do -- I would expect Jones or Jackson there, too. Maybe even JT Thor.

Toronto is an outlier, if they trade Siakam for GSW's pick.

I think the Mock you saw with Sengun in the 2nd round is nbadraft.net. They seem particularly bad this year, not sure what's up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, let's talk Kispert up a little.

He's a really freaking good shooter. He shot 6.5 threes a game and hit 44% of them. His advanced stats on defense aren't actually bad at all. He's not an awful rebounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kispert just fine actually. He's a more dynamic shooter than any of the other youngish guys on the team. He'd fit. Would I like to see the team trade Murray, White or Johnson to get another pick and use that pick to acquire Kispert? Yes. But he'd at least seem to have a sustainable NBA game, and that's more than can be said for the other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kispert just fine actually. He's a more dynamic shooter than any of the other youngish guys on the team. He'd fit. Would I like to see the team trade Murray, White or Johnson to get another pick and use that pick to acquire Kispert? Yes. But he'd at least seem to have a sustainable NBA game, and that's more than can be said for the other guys.
    Yes. We've talked up Duarte and he's two years older. They're both closer to ready-made as far as rookies go. They both have multiple skills. Kispert is sort of maybe drafting a taller wing Red .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see it now, the Coyote wearing the headband

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/magic/orlando-ma...nzaga-20210706

The Magic worked out Kispert the other day.
    Impressive interview.

Draft a project at #5 and then a rotation guy at worst at #8?

Kispert mentioned in this interview that he’s flying all around the U.S for workouts.
    Spurs would have to be a part of that you would think.

I think timvp said we were eerily close to drafting Desmond Bane last year. Kispert’ s journey to the pros is somewhat similar.
    ie. Pre draft process junior year, come back with improved body, show scouts deeper range…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with Kispert. He's a more athletic Korver who can actually play some D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with Kispert. He's a more athletic Korver who can actually play some D.

+1

I'm more Ok for Kispert than Springer for example, i think he'll cover a need tough he's not in my top choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why you can't expect Giddey's form to improve, unless he's like that skinny dude a while back whose arm was broken when he was a kid and couldn't shoot correctly. What was his name? Ronnie Brewer?

Everthing about Giddey's form is fixable. Doesn't mean he'll become a great shooter, much less a volume one, but he's still very young and correctable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually diving into Kispert, he's more than I expected. He's a real compe or, goes hard. He's reduced in one-on-one capacity on defense and will get hurt by quick guards, but it's not for lack of effort. He has tons of it. He seems smart and works hard, not just a pure spot-up shooter.

Meanwhile when he's open and he has the ball, it's going up. That's fantastic. He slides around and finds open space extremely well and -- again -- if he's open or has some daylight, there's no hesitation, and it goes up fast. I think NOP would be foolish not to take him, but if he's available? I think he's in my small basket of guys I really like right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Sengun. He's a big that can shoot lights out. Isn’t that what we've all been clamoring for the last several years? He's a big, small ball dream player. He's a better shooting Batum. Who wouldn't take that today, now, as well speak?

I got Vassell correct last year so hopefully we can land this big guy this year too.
    He can‘t shoot 3Ps. 19% last season. He‘s a back to the basket center - not a good fit, if he plays like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can‘t shoot 3Ps. 19% last season. He‘s a back to the basket center - not a good fit, if he plays like that.
    Sengun will become a good three point shooter. I have very little doubt about that. My question is how he'll do in pick and rolls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

I'm more Ok for Kispert than Springer for example, i think he'll cover a need tough he's not in my top choices.
    I see it that way too... I'm not nearly as down on Springer as some here but I have Kispert ahead of him... he's 14 on my personal BB and Springer is at 17.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun will become a good three point shooter. I have very little doubt about that. My question is how he'll do in pick and rolls.
    you may be right, but at the moment he‘s not.

Thread Information