Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1677
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy spotted in an IG video by Vassell. I presume it’s after a workout. I’m expecting Gay and Dieng back out of all the vets.
    If he is back, Luka better be starting and Gay and Pop better tone-down that chucking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The impact of mentorship is tremendous on young players. I'd be happy/expect Gay to stick around as well as Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally Rudy, Patty, Derozan, and of course the old man should be nowhere near the team next year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs biggest offseason signing will be getting Paul Millsap or somebody else over 35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10558162[/URL]]Spurs biggest offseason signing will be getting Paul Millsap or somebody else over 35
    There should be one consistent jersey number they give these guys they bring in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10557886[/URL]]The impact of mentorship is tremendous on young players. I'd be happy/expect Gay to stick around as well as Patty.
    Gay maybe since his career is closer to retirement. Patty has like 4 years left so he will be looking for playing time. Both will see if contenders are willing to pay for them though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest problem was Pop’s head up his ass. When given minutes Luka performed well. Unexplainably on a team lacking at the 4 position Pop’s wine-soaked brain couldn’t figure it out. I really believe he prioritized Rudy’s last contract over team development. In the 5 game stretch that Luka played he had the best +/- in 4 of the 5 games and had the lowest FG% against in the NBA over that stretch at 38%. Then basically forgotten the rest of the season. How does that performance not EARN him minutes? That’s why Pop needs to go. I believe he is incapable of playing a younger player over a veteran.
    Imo Pop is “managing” than “coaching” the team the last few seasons, after Nephew’s mutiny, trying to recourse. It’s frustrating to us fans, sometimes it’s too obvious. But he has the “bigger picture,” managing contracts, positioning for the draft, but remaining “exciting enough” to keep the fans watching. Pop is not just “a coach,” he has tons of other things to look up for. But at the end of the day, I still trust Pop making the correct call, as frustrating it is at the moment sometimes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read Memphis May decline Winslow team option. Maybe a good pick up at right price

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping an eye on the Garret Allen Cleveland situation, if Mobley falls and they take him, Allen may be gettable as a RFA. Hate me for saying it but I would pursue him over Collins, he is an elite defender, Collins isn't elite at anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read Memphis May decline Winslow team option. Maybe a good pick up at right price
    Dude can't shoot into the ocean let alone into the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping an eye on the Garret Allen Cleveland situation, if Mobley falls and they take him, Allen may be gettable as a RFA. Hate me for saying it but I would pursue him over Collins, he is an elite defender, Collins isn't elite at anything.
    Yet Collins is a positional need why Allen isn't.
    Collins is also a better player IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington may be big players in the offseason, with GSW apparently going hard for Beal and some interest in Westbrook elsewhere. (For example, Lakers, which would be great for everyone else.) If I'm the Wizards, I definitely get rid of them, do a semi-blowup and move forward. I think little of Beal and even less of Westbrook.

Point is, a team like SAS can again be the buffer to grease these moves and pull off some assets here or there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So apparently the Blazers won't trade CJ for picks, they want vets.... S&T DeMar (and one of DJ or White if necessary) for CJ? I know, I know...DeMar isn't blah blah.... it only matters if lillard thinks he is..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So apparently the Blazers won't trade CJ for picks, they want vets.... S&T DeMar (and one of DJ or White if necessary) for CJ? I know, I know...DeMar isn't blah blah.... it only matters if lillard thinks he is..
    McCollum is worth more than anybody in the lottery except maybe Mobley. They're right to go for vets. Just, flatly, DeRozan is better than CJ, just straight up. It's about fit, of course, but ESPN and their animus against the Spurs has lead everyone around by the nose like a bunch of -smeared dopes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like DeMar may have his eyes set on LA: https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...chris-paul-key

DeRozan, who starred at Compton High and USC, has interest in returning home to play for the Lakers, even if it is for less than the $27.7 million he earned last season in San Antonio, according to people not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so either a s&t or walk. Either way, addition by subtraction. Hopefully the DeMar era is indeed over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good decision by them. I saw their fans on Twitter making cases for how it should be obvious the team would pick it up (to use as ballast in a trade) but that doesn’t make sense unless Winslow had at least some value and he was horrible last season, just ghastly.

As a flyer to let him rehab his stock and revive his career that’s a different kind of scenario. I don’t like him for the Spurs maybe I am biased by how bad he played last season but he’d just be another guy for them with a bad jumper. He can still defend, but I don’t think he helps them much because they need shooting and scoring from their veterans. Just my 2 cents. Pop would play him some to see if he still has game maybe even like his hustle too much and play him over youngins too like Samanic (bc Winslow, like Keldon, has also been effective as a small ball 4). Overall bad fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude can't shoot into the ocean let alone into the basket.
    Good one. Said it better than I did.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet Collins is a positional need why Allen isn't.
    Collins is also a better player IMHO.
    Position is not as important as contribution IMO, we need an impactful big man period. Allen will contributions would be more impactful to overall good of team than Collins.
    Collins is a capable scorer, but isn't a consistent scorer nor defender. It will be like adding DeRozan at a different position IMO. Allen on the other hand is a consistent defender, an elite rim protector, athletic enough to switch to perimeter players, capable of guarding the likes of Joker, Davis, and Giannis head up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Position is not as important as contribution IMO, we need an impactful big man period. Allen will contributions would be more impactful to overall good of team than Collins.
    Collins is a capable scorer, but isn't a consistent scorer nor defender. It will be like adding DeRozan at a different position IMO. Allen on the other hand is a consistent defender, an elite rim protector, athletic enough to switch to perimeter players, capable of guarding the likes of Joker, Davis, and Giannis head up.
    Positional need is extremely important. Jarrett Allen duplicates what you already get from Poeltl. I'd rather have Allen, but not at his price point, and getting Allen means you have to deal Poeltl. It doesn't make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins isn’t remotely like DeRozan. He’s a true stretch 4, shooting the 3 ball at a 38% clip.

You really need to understand the extent to which the NBA has changed over the last 5-6 years. Big rangy athletic players have very little value. They get played off the floor in crunch time, and in the playoffs because they can’t contribute in a meaningful way to the offense. This isn’t 2012, and Allen has no place on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins isn’t remotely like DeRozan. He’s a true stretch 4, shooting the 3 ball at a 38% clip.

You really need to understand the extent to which the NBA has changed over the last 5-6 years. Big rangy athletic players have very little value. They get played off the floor in crunch time, and in the playoffs because they can’t contribute in a meaningful way to the offense. This isn’t 2012, and Allen has no place on this team.
    Allen has a good amount of value in the league as a defensive five. We just already have one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured DeRozan would want to head to Cali to finish off his career. I don’t mind Kuzma and THT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured DeRozan would want to head to Cali to finish off his career. I don’t mind Kuzma and THT.
    He apparently does, but that won’t be enough salary offset to pay him what he probably wants, and I’m not interested in taking out the Lakers trash. Kuzmas bad enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that same article about Demar wanting to go to LA it says they want Kyle Lowry too, idk if I’d hold out much hope for many assets from the Lakers

Thread Information