Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He won with Cleveland. He broke the curse. He’s basically historically immortal after that.
    Not like there is a long list of stars whom have failed in Cleveland. He basically pulled a Leonard in Toronto

Winning in Lakers backyard after all the talent Clippers have wasted, would be the most impressive feat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto. Canada is hockey and nothing else, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Toronto. Canada is hockey and nothing else, tbh.
    Cleveland is a football town. Maybe baseball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has teams in all 3 major American sports, LeBron the only guy that could deliver in the past what, 20+ years?

Plus he had his redemption story to boot. Played masterfully, tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Has teams in all 3 major American sports, LeBron the only guy that could deliver in the past what, 20+ years?

Plus he had his redemption story to boot. Played masterfully, tbh
    Well yah he was able to accomplish what the great Mark Price could not. No one ever brought an NBA le to Cleveland cause no one significant ever tried. Move Irving and Durant to the Cavaliers and I am confident they can win at-least one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But was Giannis and Jordan sitting out 20 plus game per year? #2 is great if you have team where you can afford to sit him out 20 plus games a year. I doubt the bucks could afford to do that with Giannis.
    Jordan sit for an entire season and the Bulls still won 50+ games.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Jordan sit for an entire season and the Bulls still won 50+ games.
    What kind of "GOAT" gets replaced by Pete Myers and the team still wins 55 games and a playoff series?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The kind when he returns, the team sets a regular season record 72 wins and goes off for a second championship threepeat? That kind of Goat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kind when he returns, the team sets a regular season record 72 wins and goes off for a second championship threepeat? That kind of Goat?
    Yep. From 3 peat champs to first round fodder. Sounds about right.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    6 rings in 6.5 seasons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He clearly isn't as good as Giannis or Kawhi, I'd have him behind Davis(despite being overrated) and Harden, as well. Lebron is only going to get worse as the season progresses considering his age and mileage, he should already be retired. Assuming deterioration by the end of the season, he's a back-end top 10 player, similar to Embiid/Jokic/George

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And yet it was LeGOAT, not the Browns or Indians, who brought them their only ring in the last 50+ years.

The LeGOAT Effect

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    6 rings in 6.5 seasons
    11 rings in 13 seasons

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DK at #1

LeBron, Duncan, Kareem are all better than him, and Kawhi probably will be too once it's all said and done.
    You're a Spur fan at heart, so I'll let your Jim love slide. But Kawhi has been in the right place at the right timePERIOD.

He was drafted to the Spurs, who were already good. Jim was the man on those teams. They still had Manu. Still had TP. Still had Pop on the sidelines and good role players. All he had to do is mature as a player and fit into Pop's system. Then they fell out. Somebody had to go so he was...

...Deported to a ready made contender, who went 18-4 (81.8%) while he load managed in route to a ring*. Even without him this year, the Raps are winning at a 67.7% clip - good for 6th in the East (so far).

Fast forward to this year. He (secretly) met with Paul George - while he was simultaneously "negotiating in good faith" with Jeannie Buss. All in an effort to join another stacked team. Go get Moe Harkless. Go trade for Paul George. Etc, and I'll sign.

When has he ever had to shoulder the load of dragging a lotto team to the playoffs? Answer: none.

Career averages of 18.1ppg, 6.4rpg, and 2.5apg is hardly worthy of being thought of amongst the all-time greats. He "won" because he was on great teams. That's it and that's all.

* yes his 2019 ring deserves a big fat * next to it. We all know if KD and Klay played he'd be shining shoes.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Only a ing re is calling Harden 2nd best reg season GOAT. Not surprised to see you chiming in with your re edness. Not surprised at all.
    when did i or anyone claim he was the 2nd best RS GOAT? you're such a ed idiot stick to having autist arguments for 12 straight hours with Chump and Blake, because you sure as dont know all about basketball.

dumb , you literally said he was the same player in OKC as he is now, and that " his numbers reflect that actuality." and they clearly do not, one click trip to basketballreference.com shows youre completely full of and just making stuff up to seem like you know what youre talking about. like i said, go back jerking your butt buddies off in the club / political forum, stay out of the basketball forums and let the actual men here discuss ball. kthx

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won with Cleveland. He broke the curse. He’s basically historically immortal after that.
    I guess you're assuming someones like D-Wade and Chris Bosh would have came to Cleveland; because the Cavs got lottery picks like Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson because Lebron left.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    6 rings in 6.5 seasons
    14 straight losses / 2 playoff sweeps

Nobody cares about your watered down nineties gunk, fanboy.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    when did i or anyone claim he was the 2nd best RS GOAT?
    Don't know if it’s what he’s referring to, but ambchang started a thread a while back making such a claim. Said his advanced metrics proved Harden was the second best SG in history.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    when did i or anyone claim he was the 2nd best RS GOAT?
    Don't know if it’s what he’s referring to, but ambchang started a thread a while back making such a claim. Said his advanced metrics proved Harden was the second best SG in history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you're assuming someones like D-Wade and Chris Bosh would have came to Cleveland; because the Cavs got lottery picks like Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson because Lebron left.
    Not assuming anything. It’s a fact he went back to Cleveland after his stint in Miami and beat a historical Warriors team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus he just gifted beats headphones to the Ohio State squad... such class

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i never made that claim so its re ed to quote me in and respond with that when he couldnt back up his claim that "in actuality" the numbers show Harden is the same player now as he was in OKC. this is so incorrect is laughable tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not assuming anything. It’s a fact he went back to Cleveland after his stint in Miami and beat a historical Warriors team.
    It's a fact that the supporting cast was at a much higher level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fact that the supporting cast was at a much higher level.
    Sure. Not Bosh, Wade, Allen talented, but pretty good. That said, none of those guys have done anything of note since.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Upon further review. Tiny james. Tbh.

Thread Information