Page 139 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you say he’s more inclined to score? Pau struck me as a pass first big but I only got to see him play late in his career anyways. Marc Gasol also struck me similarly. MVPJokic is pass first in his mind but he’s had to be a lot more aggressive looking to score when his team needs it. He has that dog in him. I think Sengun does too.
    No Pau had no problem scoring and calling his own number in the Grizzly days. As I remember he survived very well being a big man in the post who was a good passer and smart decision maker. But he wasn’t the defender that team needed and he wasn’t quite the offensive player they needed as well. Tbh they did a horrible job building around him so it’s not really his fault. They pretty much surrounded him with role players and said carry us. It’s a stupid thing to do to an all time talent let alone a player like Pau.

I remember Pau being very athletic in his early days and finishing strong and dunking with authority. Sengun does it in the Turkish league I guess but that isn’t the NBA so I’m not that impressed by it. Lots of people look athletic in those types of leagues. If we draft Sengun we would basically play him like a Pau Gasol. Bc he would need to get a midrange to survive. But hopefully Wright does a better job building a team

Thats why I said if you believe Sengun can get a reliable jumper then you trade Murray and a pick for him in a heartbeat. You need to keep White though bc he’s gonna need easy spoon fed passes to him in the beginning of his career. I don’t expect him to be Pau right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert as a late lotto pick?

Hard pass. The upside is extremely limited.
    Better choices available for pick #12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about Kispert. At first I didn't like him but the more I saw his highlights and tape, he seems like he could be a very good fit. Solid potential offensively and average defensive potential though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear some people just want black, tall, and athletic with no rhyme or reason and that’s enough to satisfy them
    This has nothing to do with skin color. I'm Asian. But I like Kai. Tall and athletic, yes! Humble and down to Earth personality, yes!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    olberding with a jump shot.
    Definitely. Maybe some George Karl thrown in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    olberding with a jump shot.
    Thank you sir.

Mark Olberding, aka "Ding Dong," aka "the Young Warrior."

My faith is restored. In this age of belligerence over the most pedestrian of things, great to see an old school reference.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bruise Brothers would foul out in 10 minutes in today's NBA. I wonder what they think about Load Management.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinger had a j. A lot more athletic than we remember. Came out of Minnesota after his freshman year to the San Diego Sails. Too young to even sign a lease on an apartment. UM teammates Mark Landsberger, Flip Sanders, and Mychal Thompson. If he would have stayed 2 more years you could have added Gus Johnson, Ray Williams and Kevin McHale to that list. All could have played together eligibility wise. Sure take a guy with his toughness and game for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert is really good at reading defenses, making cuts, drifting and relocating along the perimeter, etc. He moves the ball well but isn't a playmaker necessarily. Apparently he had the best transition conversion rate in the entire NCAA, like, he's reeeeaaally good in transition. Not a bad defender, but more of a help/team defense guy. Would struggle with exceptional athletes/scorers (but who doesn't?), but is in every play. Like, doesn't give up.

Honestly I'd be perfectly okay with the pick. It would be smart and instantly change how the team works in some regards. Not a gaga-in-love pick, but he'd wind up a favorite because he'd legitimately be doing what we all dreamed Bertans was doing, plus a lot more of the nitty gritty stuff.
    Kispert with his shooting could easily become a second unit guy on day 1 unlike Bertans plus he's a decent defensive play again unlike Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If there’s any trade down, i hope it’s this kind of trade down. 16 and 18 would be a steal, IMO. Especially with the players I like that will likely be there….I’m even able to settle with Kai being that 18th pick.

The Spurs have been working out players mostly in that range with the exception of MAYBE Sengun

Duarte + Isaiah Jackson please

Murphy + Kispert would be pretty crazy shooting wise

Cmon Presti, do us a solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If there’s any trade down, i hope it’s this kind of trade down. 16 and 18 would be a steal, IMO. Especially with the players I like that will likely be there….I’m even able to settle with Kai being that 18th pick.

The Spurs have been working out players mostly in that range with the exception of MAYBE Sengun

I would be soooo on board with that, kinda hard to see OKC doing that though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be soooo on board with that, kinda hard to see OKC doing that though
    OKC has tons of picks coming up. The last thing they need is more players.

I'm unsure about it for the Spurs. Maybe they have a trigger if they don't see the player they want. Maybe they have a solid tier they think they fall into. If, say, four players are left as their pick comes up, then they trade down knowing they will get one of them, plus someone of the next tier.

It'll be a bit wild for us after the initial 6 picks. I think things are fairly flat between that pick and 20, maybe, with one potential outlier (Sengun), although I think he'll go top 10.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd be unhappy with a trade down unless someone good falls farther than expected. We don't really need more role-player level guys. We need a first (or at least second) option guy, which you generally don't get trading down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be unhappy with a trade down unless someone good falls farther than expected. We don't really need more role-player level guys. We need a first (or at least second) option guy, which you generally don't get trading down.
    the Spurs rarely miss. If they trade down to 16, I don’t expect anyone from 12 to 15 to be a star. On the other hand, they found a first option with a 15th pick before so this notion that whoever they get at 16 will likely be a role player isn’t a given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd think they'd only do it as the draft takes shape and as a contingency. OkC, too. It would ask depend on preferred players dropping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd think they'd only do it as the draft takes shape and as a contingency. OkC, too. It would ask depend on preferred players dropping.
    I think a trade down means a preferred player was taken so might as well trade down.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a trade down means a preferred player was taken so might as well trade down.
    This was what I was going to say. Any trade down wouldn’t be to capitalize on a targeted player in that range. It would be because a much better target was drafted earlier than expected and they don’t see a big enough gain with what’s remaining and what would be there later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what I said a few posts up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unless Wagner falls...that's the trade I want too..

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sengun is gone, yeah, trade down for 16 and 18. I’m on board.

Duarte
    Springer
    Garuba
    Thor
    Kispert
    Isiah Jackson

Should be able to get one of Duarte or maybe even Kispert for ace shooting, then get maybe Garuba, Jackson or definitely JT Thor for some size. Obviously other ways to approach it as well. Presti is too monomaniacal to go for this, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 Days until the Draft!!!

Get your prognostications in now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you sir.

Mark Olberding, aka "Ding Dong," aka "the Young Warrior."

My faith is restored. In this age of belligerence over the most pedestrian of things, great to see an old school reference.
    "Old-school" needs to be hyphenated.

Beligerent enough? I'll see myself out now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just put me to sleep until draft day
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-21-2021 at 11:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is, what player do you draft to stop or slow down Giannis?

perimeter defense won’t be of much help, he’s not much of a shooter

he is dominant inside, so you get a player who has good interior defense.

to me, that’s Isaiah Jackson.

someone quick enough and covers enough space to counter his euro steps inside.

but also someone smart enough not to foul him, meaning good interior d fundamentals (meaning Kai is out)

basically a 4/5 who isn’t a stiff

this is all down the road of course, if the Bucks are still contending years later, we have someone to develop into a Giannis stopper later on

I think Sengun would be abused. Franz has a chance, but he might be too handsy and get fouled out. So it depends on if he’s smart enough not to be careless with his arms.

makes me think about raising Isaiah up a tier. Maybe, maybe not.

Thread Information