Page 146 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Admittedly, I’ve gone into the camp that these released photos can easily be part of the FO misdirection and trying to get teams to want to trade up. But maybe not? The draft always has some surprises so we’ll see, I guess.
    That's true as well for the more savy teams..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really odd that he doesn’t seem to be part of their future because I watched all gleague games with in it and he’s a solid piece. Unless they plan to play Wagner mostly at 4
    I've seen reports that Wagner has grown a couple inches, so that very well could be the plan. On Woodard, I still think he's a solid piece as well. I see him as a solid 3 and D guy who brings a good bit of energy to the floor. I hope he gets that shot somewhere..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just learned that Drew Eubanks is working out in the same gym right now. Not joking.

Franz to the Spurs confirmed
    mo7888

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs and Kings will settle who gets Franz in a 1 on 1 with Barnes and Eubanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just learned that Drew Eubanks is working out in the same gym right now. Not joking.

mo7888

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hate to lose the only young player whose a virtual lock to positively impact winning on both sides of the ball, but this organization not only lacks the type of star power needed for a 3 and D type to thrive, but is actively trying to avoid having the best odds as possible of lucking into it. Combine that with their aversion to change and it'd doubtful there's even a path to starting or full time closing.
    All of this!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Franz training with Harrison Barnes

If there was a 1% chance he dropped, it’s now a 0%

I’m sorry to kill your hopes mo7888
    I really like Franz. I haven’t commented much about him or gone ga-ga over him because I do believe he’ll be gone. I trust the reports that Sacramento will pick him if he’s still there at 9, even if it’s to trade, and they may very well keep him.

I don’t think he will fall to 12.

Going back to Giddey (he’s likely to still be there at 12) I saw recently where he told a local San Francisco station that he’d love to play for the warriors (dream scenario) for him. Here https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...-dream-fit-him.

I think it’s common for players to sing praises for teams that are courting them when they visit, but since he stopped workouts and such this was su ious to me. What do you think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

mo7888
    In the off-season it’s very common to have players compete with each other and have their own sort of “open gym”. It doesn’t mean anything frankly. Happens every year.

Though I know you were just cheeky here.

Hmmm, what about this one? Sacramento invited Eubanks to check him out (since they have their own big issues) because he could potentially be thrown in a trade to swap pick 9 and 12 with Sacramento and get Frank on the Spurs….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Franz. I haven’t commented much about him or gone ga-ga over him because I do believe he’ll be gone. I trust the reports that Sacramento will pick him if he’s still there at 9, even if it’s to trade, and they may very well keep him.

Going back to Giddey (he’s likely to still be there at 12) I saw recently where he told a local San Francisco station that he’d love to play for the warriors (dream scenario) for him. Here https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...-dream-fit-him.

I think it’s common for players to sing praises for teams that are courting them when they visit, but since he stopped workouts and such this was su ious to me. What do you think?
    kai and Moody said something along those lines as well. Kai actively likes every photo the Warriors put out. I see the appeal with the Warriors… fast paced, shooters to pass to, shooters get their touches, playing with a legend…

if he has a promise with the Warriors, and Kai goes 11, someone drops…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He really kind of says playing with the kind of players at GSW is a dream world, not necessarily playing at GSW. It's a slight difference but important I think.

That said, if they like him, they could pull him with their #7. I don't see why they'd need to take Bouknight or Moody or others that mocks suggest. Why are those players better than Giddey? The more I look at him, the more I think he's really good (and that he'd be great on the Warriors). They could also want him with the #14, but feel he's gone by then.

More I see it, I think the top 6 picks are locked in. The #9 (Sacto) may be locked in. What GSW does with #7 is very open. Reports are they may trade out with a package for a veteran -- but why not the Australian? I can definitely see him gone by #10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really kind of says playing with the kind of players at GSW is a dream world, not necessarily playing at GSW. It's a slight difference but important I think.

That said, if they like him, they could pull him with their #7. I don't see why they'd need to take Bouknight or Moody or others that mocks suggest. Why are those players better than Giddey? The more I look at him, the more I think he's really good (and that he'd be great on the Warriors). They could also want him with the #14, but feel he's gone by then.

More I see it, I think the top 6 picks are locked in. The #9 (Sacto) may be locked in. What GSW does with #7 is very open. Reports are they may trade out with a package for a veteran -- but why not the Australian? I can definitely see him gone by #10.
    You see Giddey gone by 10? I need to watch more of the others. I realize these guys are young and unfinished products and all have some flaw. So it’s kind of a gamble on who will improve his deficiencies and make his strengths better. That’s where the character and work ethic survey comes in, where teams would have to project.

I was looking at the past few drafts and precisely there have been good players in the middle of the first and frankly scattered up and down mid-late first and even the second. There are a lot of busts at the top, either because they underperform to the point that guys taken much later in the first are better (say a Duarte taken in the 20s could outperform many of these guys right away and even over time). These flawed guys … many of them are high bust potential… either bc they never fix the part of their game that needed fixing or they hit just the low end of their projection.

even that reporter from the Warriors said for their 7th pick most of those guys would be a reach… he liked Moody and Giddey.

I think GSW wants a win now player and trade, Giddey will need time in my estimation so his timeline does not align with GSW.

But I now think I need to compare him against the pool of others. He’s got at least a clear talent and BBIQ, and he’s soooo young tbh. Like it’s undeniable he’ll be better IMO, he’ll get stronger for example… anyways like I said I need to look at others. When have these mocks been right about the Spurs? Aside from 21-obvious pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see Giddey gone by 10? I need to watch more of the others. I realize these guys are young and unfinished products and all have some flaw. So it’s kind of a gamble on who will improve his deficiencies and make his strengths better. That’s where the character and work ethic survey comes in, where teams would have to project.

I was looking at the past few drafts and precisely there have been good players in the middle of the first and frankly scattered up and down mid-late first and even the second. There are a lot of busts at the top, either because they underperform to the point that guys taken much later in the first are better (say a Duarte taken in the 20s could outperform many of these guys right away and even over time). These flawed guys … many of them are high bust potential… either bc they never fix the part of their game that needed fixing or they hit just the low end of their projection.

even that reporter from the Warriors said for their 7th pick most of those guys would be a reach… he liked Moody and Giddey.

I think GSW wants a win now player and trade, Giddey will need time in my estimation so his timeline does not align with GSW.

But I now think I need to compare him against the pool of others. He’s got at least a clear talent and BBIQ, and he’s soooo young tbh. Like it’s undeniable he’ll be better IMO, he’ll get stronger for example… anyways like I said I need to look at others. When have these mocks been right about the Spurs? Aside from 21-obvious pick?
    Which players projected in the top 10 have an elite-level skill? Other than athleticism, which isn't a skill. Giddey has elite-level passing.

I think we get gummed up a lot with mock drafts produced by websites that are looking over each other's shoulders and mimicking most of the same things. The reason why Cade Cunningham is claimed by many to be the 'only' Tier 1 player and sometimes the only 'Superstar Potential' in this draft, which is ludicrously stupid. What about Cunningham pops out to you as a superstar? Not saying he won't be good, or that he could make a leap, but... c'mon.

So there's tons of groupthink. Instead what matters is what GMs go for. Many will be swayed by popular opinion -- not saying Cunningham shouldn't go #1, for example, but soberly -- others will 'reach' for players they think should be at their spots. They evaluate players differently. Obviously this is how the Knicks pick Obi Toppin or Phoenix picks Smith last year and Haliburton drops.

Weird happens every draft because the basketball community is collectively crap at evaluating players, everyone gets hard over pure athletes, and it's a hard business, period. Then some GMs get smart and pick guys early who shouldn't have been picked early. And then team fit matters way more than anyone admits. A decent player going to the Wizards ten years ago was likely screwed completely.

What's somewhat unusual this draft year is that two shrewd franchises have multiple picks and some of those very early. GSW and OKC are very smart orgs and often draft well. (So does Toronto, but they're in the 'locked in' top 6.)

So the question is... for all those mock drafts repeating essentially the same things... do we really think Bouknight, Moody, Jalen Johnson, etc., are better prospects than Josh Giddey?

Not saying he's a sure thing, of course, but that we start talking down his abilities, raise his deficiencies, while overlooking them in the others, in order to make these groupthink mock drafts look right in our minds. To me, that GSW beat reporter is just repeating the same line about #7 being a reach for Giddey. Why? If you think he has the appropriate talent, and he's a great fit (very smart IQ-wise, too) and in three years, when no one cares or has forgotten when he was drafted, you think he'll be talked about more than Bouknight or Moody, why do you think he's worth a #13 pick but not a #7 pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which players projected in the top 10 have an elite-level skill? Other than athleticism, which isn't a skill. Giddey has elite-level passing.

I think we get gummed up a lot with mock drafts produced by websites that are looking over each other's shoulders and mimicking most of the same things. The reason why Cade Cunningham is claimed by many to be the 'only' Tier 1 player and sometimes the only 'Superstar Potential' in this draft, which is ludicrously stupid. What about Cunningham pops out to you as a superstar? Not saying he won't be good, or that he could make a leap, but... c'mon.

So there's tons of groupthink. Instead what matters is what GMs go for. Many will be swayed by popular opinion -- not saying Cunningham shouldn't go #1, for example, but soberly -- others will 'reach' for players they think should be at their spots. They evaluate players differently. Obviously this is how the Knicks pick Obi Toppin or Phoenix picks Smith last year and Haliburton drops.

Weird happens every draft because the basketball community is collectively crap at evaluating players, everyone gets hard over pure athletes, and it's a hard business, period. Then some GMs get smart and pick guys early who shouldn't have been picked early. And then team fit matters way more than anyone admits. A decent player going to the Wizards ten years ago was likely screwed completely.

What's somewhat unusual this draft year is that two shrewd franchises have multiple picks and some of those very early. GSW and OKC are very smart orgs and often draft well. (So does Toronto, but they're in the 'locked in' top 6.)

So the question is... for all those mock drafts repeating essentially the same things... do we really think Bouknight, Moody, Jalen Johnson, etc., are better prospects than Josh Giddey?

Not saying he's a sure thing, of course, but that we start talking down his abilities, raise his deficiencies, while overlooking them in the others, in order to make these groupthink mock drafts look right in our minds. To me, that GSW beat reporter is just repeating the same line about #7 being a reach for Giddey. Why? If you think he has the appropriate talent, and he's a great fit (very smart IQ-wise, too) and in three years, when no one cares or has forgotten when he was drafted, you think he'll be talked about more than Bouknight or Moody, why do you think he's worth a #13 pick but not a #7 pick?
    Good points. I started looking at players late this summer so I have focused more on who is projected to be taken at 12. I haven’t looked at the top guys bc they are out of reach and some guys who I clearly liked like Wagner I haven’t focused on because I truly deem him out of reach. He’s tall, skilled, has analytics behind him. Every way you look at him he’s got a high floor. He’s lower on the bust scale. He’ll be one of those guys you’d regret not taking if he was available to you IMO. I like him that much. But after that I’ve looked at Sengun and loved him. The way I see it he’s one of those guys taken later in the first round, even out of the lottery and then he comes back and outperforms a ton of high upside busts that will go in the first.

Giddey I am less sold on. I expect he will have to adjust to play as a wing and I think he’ll be able to but he will need time. I could be wrong of course, but I am starting to see him in a better light. I think he’ll figure it out.

but there’s a lot of others I haven’t looked at bc I just started, either bc they were projected to go ahead of the Spurs or they haven’t called my attention. I haven’t looked at any smaller guards for example and there’s been a few hidden gems every season among that crop of players so I know my survey is incomplete.

Keep sending any recommendations my way bc I’ll be looking at videos and such until the draft. I am looking back on this thread bc a lot was posted early that I wasn’t interested back then (too early for me to look at draft stuff).

I may quote someone’s post from 2 months ago just bc I am going over things now.

Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can see giddey legitimately wanting to wind up in GS. for one, he wouldn't have to be depended upon right away and would have time to develop while on a winning team (assuming klay can finally stay healthy) and he has also spent some time being mentored by andrew gaze.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs and Kings will settle who gets Franz in a 1 on 1 with Barnes and Eubanks
    So your saying the Kings are getting him...

I like Drew, but this is asking a bit much of a him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your saying the Kings are getting him...

I like Drew, but this is asking a bit much of a him.
    in a fist fight to the death? I dont know man. Ill put money on Drew

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year there weren’t any rumblings of the spurs being interested in Devin Vassell right? Makes you wonder if any of the guys the spurs have worked out this time around if they’re even actually interested in them or not lol
    tru but his was spurs pick on tankathons mock draft for a long time
    Last edited by spurspl; 07-23-2021 at 11:45 AM.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im totally not buying giddey, dont wanna have another guy who is a poor shooter.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte anyway the Lakers sending this pick to us for Demar?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...e-chris-duarte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a trade I see more likely to happen than any trade involving our guards. The Lakers need to work with someone who has cap space like the Spurs. It makes total sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people give so much weight to things draftees say in interviews after workouts... they're literally on job interviews-- does anyone think they're going to say anything but nice and complimentary things about the team that's literally watching the interview ? I've never heard a single guy express doubts about the way Sacramento, New Orleans, Minnesota, or Charlotte have managed their teams in the last five years, but you'd have to be pretty clueless if you didn't at least worry about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always laugh thinking of that time Joakim Noah was trash talking Cleveland and said "well, have you ever heard someone say they're excited because they're going on vacation to Cleveland?"

https://twitter.com/BN_Bulls/status/...479677953?s=20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people give so much weight to things draftees say in interviews after workouts... they're literally on job interviews-- does anyone think they're going to say anything but nice and complimentary things about the team that's literally watching the interview ? I've never heard a single guy express doubts about the way Sacramento, New Orleans, Minnesota, or Charlotte have managed their teams in the last five years, but you'd have to be pretty clueless if you didn't at least worry about that.
    There’s nice and complimentary and then there’s glowing and excited. One example is watching the interview Duarte had with the Wizards and then with the Pacers. In the interview with the Wizards, his body language appeared engaged, his knowledge of the team more than basic, and his words were uplifting. Contrast that with his interview with the Pacers, where he is sitting back, giving short answers, and in a monotone voice. I’m not saying to have a strong takeaway from these interviews (it is just speculation, after all), I’m saying there’s a noticeable difference between the two and that’s what’s being pointed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s nice and complimentary and then there’s glowing and excited. One example is watching the interview Duarte had with the Wizards and then with the Pacers. In the interview with the Wizards, his body language appeared engaged, his knowledge of the team more than basic, and his words were uplifting. Contrast that with his interview with the Pacers, where he is sitting back, giving short answers, and in a monotone voice. I’m not saying to have a strong takeaway from these interviews (it is just speculation, after all), I’m saying there’s a noticeable difference between the two and that’s what’s being pointed out.
    Well, no one wants to live in Indiana.

Thread Information