Page 147 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can see giddey legitimately wanting to wind up in GS. for one, he wouldn't have to be depended upon right away and would have time to develop while on a winning team (assuming klay can finally stay healthy) and he has also spent some time being mentored by andrew gaze.
    Giddey is known for pinpoint whip passes to perimeter spots for shooters.

He's also like the anti- James Wiseman in that he's really smart in basketball terms and doesn't need to be taught how to dribble.

Honestly he'd almost be a waste on the Spurs with no shooters to pass to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here’s a tweet to give the Kai fanboys a boner

also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also

Friend of my cousin's neighbor said he spent the night at Pop's mansion and discussed good places to live to get to the practice facility easier. <\bluefont>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a pretty big sign that the spurs are interested in Kai tbh lol I have a feeling Charlotte grabs him tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^i would imagine most, if not all, guys that work out get the tour and meet management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs end up selecting Kai, every draft year after this one seems like it will be easy to pin point who the Spurs are picking. Can it really be this obvious?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, no one wants to live in Indiana.

It's always so hard to judge where young players will want to live, tbh. I'm constantly surprised at how popular Miami seems to be-- that's one of the last cities I'd ever want to live in. But New Orleans almost never gets shout-outs, which is also strange, as it's one of the most unique cities in the U.S. to me. I guess most 19/20 year olds about to become millionaires are probably more fascinated by ty EDM nightclubs and strip club variety than they are about anything resembling culture.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also

Nice! Charlotte, please don't steal Kai from us. He is a Spur made in heaven! Calm, humble, smart, team player and yet competes hard. By the way, just learned that his high school GPA is 4.2. How can such a smart and hard working guy won't improve quickly? The chance is low. In addition to his height and athleticism, he already has a 3 pt shot with high release. He should be able to contribute in the second half of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs end up selecting Kai, every draft year after this one seems like it will be easy to pin point who the Spurs are picking. Can it really be this obvious?
    Usually they're very secretive but they were quite obvious with the Samanic love-in for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Franz training with Harrison Barnes

If there was a 1% chance he dropped, it’s now a 0%

I’m sorry to kill your hopes mo7888
    Not to nit-pick, but shouldn't that hand be a little higher on that block attempt . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually they're very secretive but they were quite obvious with the Samanic love-in for example.
    for sure if Kai is available and the Spurs dont select him, we need to record it to our SpursTalk notes to refer to for the future how the Spurs operate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for sure if Kai is available and the Spurs dont select him, we need to record it to our SpursTalk notes to refer to for the future how the Spurs operate
    Don’t trust people who order Salmon when eating free food.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have a peak at the spurs big board, I think that’s what it come
    down to tbh who they think is the best prospects in the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing if we DO go with Kai that Collins is a no-go? I'm still on the dream of Giddey/Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t trust people who order Salmon when eating free food.
    No wonder he had 4.7% body fat at the combine.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^i would imagine most, if not all, guys that work out get the tour and meet management.
    Yeah, but...he had salmon!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing if we DO go with Kai that Collins is a no-go? I'm still on the dream of Giddey/Collins.
    as much as I’m lower on Kai than other prospects, I’d much rather try to develop him than overpay Collins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Sengun at 12 AND Collins.

Sengun as the effective bench scoring big, like a Scola or Portis this year, but even better as a scorer, a more aggressive 2014 Diaw. I think his defense can improve to average, just like how Collins has gone from bad to average or even above average as he makes playoffs game saving blocks.

And Collins as the starter with Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but Sengun has interior post moves that remind me of the old Celtics PF Kevin McHale. And McHale will always be an acknowledged master of interior post moves. However, McHale was 30 pound lighter and moved quickly enough to be a Ist all Defensive team selection 3 times. Doubtful Sengun will get anywhere near that level. He could replace Drew on the roster??? Playing with a Center who is pretty athletic defender able to cover for Sengun's lapses, I could see him getting some minutes next year. Any improvement in his outside shooting would be icing on the cake as he develops.

How about a line up across the front of Sengun at point PF, Poertl at Center, and Saminac at point SF. I left Poertl on there because we don't have anyone on the roster that can come close to replacing him. Maybe one of the other prospects in the mix at 12 is the center we are looking for. I haven't started studying any of the other likely players at 12 so I don't have a feel for him in comparison to them. But if he is there and nobody better is there, I'd say he is a good viable pick at 12. (praying for some upside for the 18 y.o. can't hurt.)
    Last edited by wildbill2u; 07-23-2021 at 02:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think when we were selecting at the end of the first round, there were fewer options, and they had to be more secretive. Now, there’s probably 5-6 players they want who could be there at 12.
    Last edited by exstatic; 07-23-2021 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friend of my cousin's neighbor said he spent the night at Pop's mansion and discussed good places to live to get to the practice facility easier. <\bluefont>
    What, your cousin's neighbor spent the night with Pop discussing fasted ways to get to the Spurs practice facility?? Good info man from an anonymous source. Just kidding ya, Man, didn't mean it as a flame. We have too much of that around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Jericho Sims with a workout with the Spurs

second workout for Duarte and Murphy with the Warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones would be a massive mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the Spurs aren't that stupid to take Kai at 12 but have him if they trade down. Also taking a guy out to dinner doesn't mean you want to him. Could also be smokescreen to encourage an earlier team like Charlotte to bite. Not the dinner part but the info leak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Jericho Sims with a workout with the Spurs

second workout for Duarte and Murphy with the Warriors
    Duarte could be gone before Laker's pick at 22. I don't want to pick Duarte at #12 and miss drafting a Sengun or Wagner. By the end of the day, I like Duarte at my starting SG. Collins at Pf and Sengun/Wagner from bench.

Thread Information