Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bloomberg Surrogates Have Seats on DNC Rules Committees
    https://truthout.org/articles/bloomb...es-committees/

Tulsi Gabbard slams DNC kowtow to Bloomberg as 'wrong,' calls for a 'straightforward' process
    The DNC recently decided to eliminate its controversial fundraising requirement for candidates to qualify for the debate stage.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-...shire-election

Tlaib: DNC rules committee members working on Bloomberg campaign is a 'conflict of interest'
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ules-committee

Sanders blasts DNC rules that could allow Bloomberg to debate
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...berg-to-debate

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Bloomberg Surrogates Have Seats on DNC Rules Committees

Tulsi Gabbard slams DNC kowtow to Bloomberg as 'wrong,' calls for a 'straightforward' process
    The DNC recently decided to eliminate its controversial fundraising requirement for candidates to qualify for the debate stage.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-...shire-election

Tlaib: DNC rules committee members working on Bloomberg campaign is a 'conflict of interest'
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ules-committee

Sanders blasts DNC rules that could allow Bloomberg to debate
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...berg-to-debate
    Spurminator are you seriously trying to argue the DNC isn’t showing clear favoritism pedaling Bloomberg as a candidate it would prefer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not me. If he becomes the nominee I'll vote a straight Republican ticket as a you to the DNC. Anyone else in the field I'll vote for but Bloomberg leading the Democrats absolutely destroys the DNC and turns them into the Republicans minus the NRA. I'll never forgive Bloomberg for sticking us with Toomey and by extension, Kavanaugh.
    Ugh yeah maybe it's preferable to suffer another 4 years of Trump vs a potential 8 years of Bloomberg

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changing the qualification rules to get him on the debate stage.
    I'm not convinced he even wants to debate. The DNC allowing him onto the debate stage could actually work against him since he'd have to face questions from his opponents/moderators and would be the clear right-of-center outsider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is insane, but he is also legitimately funny when he wants to be. This tweet is gold

Lol. That's also pretty rich coming from a super Mario mushroom

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced he even wants to debate. The DNC allowing him onto the debate stage could actually work against him since he'd have to face questions from his opponents/moderators and would be the clear right-of-center outsider.
    I guess it’s easy to convince yourself that the DNC isn’t helping Bloomberg if you claim “I think that might actually hurt Bloomberg!” in response to someone pointing out a clear example of the DNC helping Bloomberg.

The rule change came right after he made a contribution to the DNC. It was an obvious quid pro quo. Whether or not being on the debate stage actually helps or hurts him is a moot point. He made a donation to the DNC to get his rule change and they gave it to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last week, the DNC eliminated the individual-donor threshold for candidates to qualify for future debates, paving the way for Bloomberg to appear at the next debate, which will be held on Feb. 19 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The change came directly from Perez and the Rules and Bylaws Committee members did not give any input or hold a vote, according to multiple people close to the matter. Sources reported that the decision was announced without a roll call vote of the around 430 DNC national members, most of whom learned about the change for the first time in the media.

Bloomberg donated $320,000 to the DNC on Nov. 19, 2019 in three donations of $106,500, as well as $800,000 that same day to a joint fundraising PAC between the DNC and state Democratic parties. It was Bloomberg’s first donation to the DNC since 1998, reporter Alex Kotch found, noting that the DNC’s $28.3 raised in the fourth quarter of 2019 lagged far behind the $72.3 million brought in by the Republican National Committee.

Leading DNC members have been critical of the party’s commitment to transparency and its ethics policies for lobbyists under Perez, who beat out progressive then-Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) in February 2017 in the race for chair. The superdelegate rules changes for 2020 were part of a package of reforms advanced by the Unity Reform Commission after the compromised 2016 presidential primary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't live in a democracy when the ONLY 2 political parties can change their rules at the drop of a hat and without any questioning.

We are basically communist china if communist china had 2 parties instead of 1 tbqh

anytime someone tell me "but china is a dictatorship" I remind them of the DNC, RNC shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurminator are you seriously trying to argue the DNC isn’t showing clear favoritism pedaling Bloomberg as a candidate it would prefer?
    I didn't make any argument I just wanted to know how the DNC was pushing him. I'm aware of the rule change but all this has done is put a bigger target on his back, so I guess I don't see it the same way you do.

He's risen to third on the strength of his advertising efforts, he doesn't need debates. He'd be better off avoiding them.

And I don't want to sound like a Bloomberg apologist either. I've pretty much settled on Sanders even though I'm not on board with all of his economic policies. But similar to Bloomberg, I don't expect his worst inclinations to be an issue in a three-branch system. Ultimately the most important next step for Dems is to take steps through election security, redistricting, the EC and statehood to ensure someone like Donald Trump won't be on the ticket for a major party in the future. Where Bloomberg and Sanders are similar is they hate Trump and I expect they will be very happy to undo as much of the past 4 years as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't make any argument I just wanted to know how the DNC was pushing him. I'm aware of the rule change but all this has done is put a bigger target on his back, so I guess I don't see it the same way you do.

He's risen to third on the strength of his advertising efforts, he doesn't need debates. He'd be better off avoiding them.

And I don't want to sound like a Bloomberg apologist either. I've pretty much settled on Sanders even though I'm not on board with all of his economic policies. But similar to Bloomberg, I don't expect his worst inclinations to be an issue in a three-branch system. Ultimately the most important next step for Dems is to take steps through election security, redistricting, the EC and statehood to ensure someone like Donald Trump won't be on the ticket for a major party in the future. Where Bloomberg and Sanders are similar is they hate Trump and I expect they will be very happy to undo as much of the past 4 years as possible.
    you seriously think someone can become nominee without 1 single debate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it’s easy to convince yourself that the DNC isn’t helping Bloomberg if you claim “I think that might actually hurt Bloomberg!” in response to someone pointing out a clear example of the DNC helping Bloomberg.

The rule change came right after he made a contribution to the DNC. It was an obvious quid pro quo. Whether or not being on the debate stage actually helps or hurts him is a moot point. He made a donation to the DNC to get his rule change and they gave it to him.
    Neither of us has anything but assumptions right now. You're assuming a $300K donation is enough for the DNC to change its rules, and by doing so it means that they want Bloomberg to be the nominee.

I'm glad Bloomberg is helping to fund Democratic candidates. I wish he'd do so without being a candidate himself, but maybe we're headed that way eventually anyway.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Last week, the DNC eliminated the individual-donor threshold for candidates to qualify for future debates, paving the way for Bloomberg to appear at the next debate, which will be held on Feb. 19 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The change came directly from Perez and the Rules and Bylaws Committee members did not give any input or hold a vote, according to multiple people close to the matter. Sources reported that the decision was announced without a roll call vote of the around 430 DNC national members, most of whom learned about the change for the first time in the media.

Bloomberg donated $320,000 to the DNC on Nov. 19, 2019 in three donations of $106,500, as well as $800,000 that same day to a joint fundraising PAC between the DNC and state Democratic parties. It was Bloomberg’s first donation to the DNC since 1998, reporter Alex Kotch found, noting that the DNC’s $28.3 raised in the fourth quarter of 2019 lagged far behind the $72.3 million brought in by the Republican National Committee.

Leading DNC members have been critical of the party’s commitment to transparency and its ethics policies for lobbyists under Perez, who beat out progressive then-Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) in February 2017 in the race for chair. The superdelegate rules changes for 2020 were part of a package of reforms advanced by the Unity Reform Commission after the compromised 2016 presidential primary.

You’d think the s at the DNC could shake Bloomberg down for more money before bending over for him. Only a few hundred thousand

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't live in a democracy when the ONLY 2 political parties can change their rules at the drop of a hat and without any questioning.

We are basically communist china if communist china had 2 parties instead of 1 tbqh

anytime someone tell me "but china is a dictatorship" I remind them of the DNC, RNC shams
    If Bloomberg becomes the leader of the DNC we have two factions of one party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bloomberg hates Sanders and Warren for proposing a wealth tax, the Trump hate is an act.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’d think the s at the DNC could shake Bloomberg down for more money before bending over for him. Only a few hundred thousand
    My point exactly. You'd think if it was quid pro quo they would have gotten more.

The fundraising requirement was never intended to be in place for all of the debates.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ebates-1170182

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloomberg hates Sanders and Warren for proposing a wealth tax, the Trump hate is an act.
    That's a very expensive act. Would be cheaper just to fund Trump's campaign and anti-Sanders/Warren ads.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My point exactly. You'd think if it was quid pro quo they would have gotten more.
    Right since the DNC has demonstrated such an amazing ability to raise money and manage it properly. Not a chance they’d ever something finance related up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a very expensive act. Would be cheaper just to fund Trump's campaign and anti-Sanders/Warren ads.
    The idea that he hates Trump doesn't make much sense with the amount of money he dumped into Toomey's election bid. It's not like people couldn't see what kind of leader Trump would be from the beginning.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No guaranties that sabotages them. If Bloomberg ends up running as a third party after dumping a bunch of money into ads to get name recognition as a moderate Democrat it all but ensures a Sanders/Warren loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No guaranties that sabotages them. If Bloomberg ends up running as a third party after dumping a bunch of money into ads to get name recognition as a moderate Democrat it all but ensures a Sanders/Warren loss.
    Which is exactly what I think this Bloomberg run is about.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The idea that he hates Trump doesn't make much sense with the amount of money he dumped into Toomey's election bid. It's not like people couldn't see what kind of leader Trump would be from the beginning.
    Trump himself might have even lost PA if not for all the money Bloomberg dumped into the state in 2016 to drive Republican turnout.

He’d also be doing a lot more to defeat Trump if he really hated him that much. He could be the Democrat equivalent of the Koch Brothers with his resources but he’s only spending money on himself.

This is nothing more than a measuring contest between two billionaires who used to be golfing buddies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea that he hates Trump doesn't make much sense with the amount of money he dumped into Toomey's election bid.
    The Toomey thing is a stretch in relation to Donald Trump. This was 2016. Did Bloomberg donate to Donald Trump's campaign that year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what you think is going to happen? I guess I'd understand the concern more if you really think he's going to run 3rd party but I don't see that happening. He'll drop out eventually (unless he wins, which I still think is a possibility), endorse the more conservative Dem candidate, and I expect he'll eventually endorse whoever gets the Democrat nomination. We'll see though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Toomey thing is a stretch in relation to Donald Trump. This was 2016. Did Bloomberg donate to Donald Trump's campaign that year?
    So you're arguing driving turnout for Toomey wasn't going to drive it for Trump too?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I refuse to believe someone as smart as Bloomberg didn’t understand how pouring money into a swing state Republican senate candidate might indirectly help Trump get elected.

Thread Information