You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs are in "win now" mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shouldv went after baynes who couldve been had for cheaper....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At timvp who claimed his market value would be $5M. It was obviously always going to end up within' sniffing distance of the MLE and that's fine.

He fills a position/role of need and is one of the few players on this roster who has proven to drive winning. Sure, his limitations would be an issue at some point in the playoffs if they were a contender or close but news flash: They're not and won't have to worry about it through the duration of his contract and beyond.

Cap space is irrelevant. What's important is having an easy means to creating it if need be. I don't think needing to create more will be necessary anytime soon, so retaining the asset made sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook - am I missing something? I think a 10 year vet max is 39m. If no one that was a fa this year or next was on books Sa had 60m. With Jakob they will have 52m. So if White signs for anything over 13m first year Sa will be below 10 year max space (Rough math)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook - am I missing something? I think a 10 year vet max is 39m. If no one that was a fa this year or next was on books Sa had 60m. With Jakob they will have 52m. So if White signs for anything over 13m first year Sa will be below 10 year max space (Rough math)
    That original number included White's cap hold of nearly $11 Million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are y’all talking about Giannis when the Spurs can’t even get mediocre players like Jae Crowder and Christian Wood to come here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There you have it. I wish he had a krew who would leak what he was told...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't tell DPG that Poetl said "it's going to take time".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO's slipping trying to develop their prospects with chemistry and culture. The old Spurs never cared about any of that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mentioned the on-court chemistry between Lonnie and Poetl earlier, but the off-court chemistry between Jakob and Derrick is pretty good, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs = top 5 defense this year? I think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the Spurs subtly hinted to Poeltl that Aldridge won't be around forever. I guess there's a chance we can rule out Aldridge getting an extension...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of the most efficient player on DHO play type in White (99th percentile) with the best screen-assist big man per minute in the league in Poeltl.
    One of the best pick and roll guard in White (86th percentile) with the one of the best roll man in Poeltl (81st percentile).

Anyone who likes White should not be ing about this signing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think White and Poodle can work really well with each other but you won't see the full amount until Derozz is gone. Once that is done I see a lot of easy lobs/dunks for both White and Poodle.

But Poodle if you want to be a starting Center in this league your going to have to spend every minute every hour every day working on a sky hook/or a jump shot and a 3 ball if you want to stay a starter in this league for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO's slipping trying to develop their prospects with chemistry and culture. The old Spurs never cared about any of that...
    Old Spurs never missed the playoffs either tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say that interview gives me hope that we are going to trade LMA instead of letting him walk next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the Spurs subtly hinted to Poeltl that Aldridge won't be around forever. I guess there's a chance we can rule out Aldridge getting an extension...
    And that White is most definitely getting an extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old Spurs never missed the playoffs either tbh
    Yeah, because they had good culture and chemistry. I thought that was the obvious point I was making.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because they had good culture and chemistry. I thought that was the obvious point I was making.
    This guy has been off the rails ever since his predictions bombed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lol. It’s because they had Duncan Parker and Ginobili. We’ve proven good chemistry and culture doesn’t > talent + coaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has been off the rails ever since his predictions bombed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man you want RC and Brian Wright's head on a stick don't you lol. Ever since free agency you've been on them non stop lol. It's entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man you want RC and Brian Wright's head on a stick don't you lol. Ever since free agency you've been on them non stop lol. It's entertaining.
    They’ve been ass imo. I’m not the only one who sees it. But like I said they avoided mistakes. This just largely have been paralyzed and at least that’s better than making more Carroll/Mills type mistakes I guess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ve been ass imo. I’m not the only one who sees it. But like I said they avoided mistakes. This just largely have been paralyzed and at least that’s better than making more Carroll/Mills type mistakes I guess.
    I just watch the games. I stay out of the front office decisions. I'm not mad about not trading them this summer because truthfully just knowing good business it would have been best to trade them at the deadline last year. I didn't want to see that but if we're talking business wise that was the chance at a good return. Now i just want them to let them leave for nothing if that's the case instead of taking back garbage.

Thread Information