Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Impressive interview by DJ... Seems he has matured a lot and he actually "gets" it, instead of just saying it.
    I love the pic of his dribbling form. When I played the ball was supposed to be below the waist. He's dribbling above his head. I hope improved handles are part of this new maturity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelley is joining the Spur’s on an Exhibit 10 deal, which means that while he has an invite to training camp, he still has work to do to earn a two-way deal that will keep him in the Spurs’ system past 60 days. Knowing this, the seven-foot-tall 23-year-old is ready to hit the ground running.

Former Beaver Kylor Kelley signs NBA contract with San Antonio Spurs

https://www.koin.com/sports/former-beaver-kylor-kelley-signs-nba-contract-with-san-antonio-spurs/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry ace3g. Didn't realize you posted it here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMFAO is Pop actually making Lonnie read Coelho's El Alquimista?? What a ing nutjob of a coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

JeffGSpursZone
    JeffGSpursZone
    2m
    Spurs IR v OKC - Keldon Johnson (left foot), Weatherspoon (left knee), D. White (left toe) are OUT. Lonnie Walker - probable (lower back tightness). #nba #gospursgo

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO is Pop actually making Lonnie read Coelho's El Alquimista?? What a ing nutjob of a coach
    Are you questioning the particular choice of book (I have never read it) or the idea in general? Phil Jackson also picked out books for his players to read fwiw.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    i think spurs made a mistake bruh........haliburton looks like a vet/eleite defender/player during his first game........brian wright is the worst gm in history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think spurs made a mistake bruh........haliburton looks like a vet/eleite defender/player during his first game........brian wright is the worst gm in history

Jeez, let Vassell play one game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad book for people who aren't used to reading. It can get them started for more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That wasn't that impressive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say the mistake was not signing Harry Giles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see it possibly "inspiring" someone if they are a complete novice when it comes to reading, otherwise it's just a eyeroll inducing bore fest for the avid readers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wow he deflected a pass and dunked the ball on the other end. I've never seen that in my life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you questioning the particular choice of book (I have never read it) or the idea in general? Phil Jackson also picked out books for his players to read fwiw.
    It's not a bad book for people who aren't used to reading. It can get them started for more.
    I can see it possibly "inspiring" someone if they are a complete novice when it comes to reading, otherwise it's just a eyeroll inducing bore fest for the avid readers.
    I should've been clearer - yeah, I was criticizing the particular choice of book, not the general idea. "El Alquimista" is infamous in the literature circles, it's literally a crappy self-help book disguised as a novel, with the recurring theme that "if you want something, the Universe will bend over to provide you with it". lefty20 hit the nail on the head. I thought it was a funny/weird recommendation, especially given Pop's philosophy. The book is hardly more than allegorical cliché.

Also, I don't think Lonnie is particularly novice in regards to reading, FWIW. I've seen a lot of pictures of him reading while on Spurs facilities/at home, and he usually quotes a variety of books when uploading photos to social media. I definitely would be giving that particular book to Dejounte though

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    wow he deflected a pass and dunked the ball on the other end. I've never seen that in my life
    that was elite anticipation u know who else made a steal as his first major play in nba preseason.............nephew

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Talking about jumping the gun.. Let Vassel play a game first before making statements like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was elite anticipation u know who else made a steal as his first major play in nba preseason.............nephew
    You are working par bro!
    Right arm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And Vassell was the best player on his team in his first preseason game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell had 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positives:

-Devin looks like a legit 2 way impact player
    -KBD is a solid pick up
    -Tre is also a solid PG

Negatives:
    -Terrible defense by DeMar, Rudy, Mills, LMA
    -Mills running the point is a total show
    -Luka looks slow, doesn't seem to know how to play any offense, bad defensive principles
    -Disappointing show by Lonnie

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should've been clearer - yeah, I was criticizing the particular choice of book, not the general idea. "El Alquimista" is infamous in the literature circles, it's literally a crappy self-help book disguised as a novel, with the recurring theme that "if you want something, the Universe will bend over to provide you with it". lefty20 hit the nail on the head. I thought it was a funny/weird recommendation, especially given Pop's philosophy. The book is hardly more than allegorical cliché.

Also, I don't think Lonnie is particularly novice in regards to reading, FWIW. I've seen a lot of pictures of him reading while on Spurs facilities/at home, and he usually quotes a variety of books when uploading photos to social media. I definitely would be giving that particular book to Dejounte though
    I see. Thanks for the explanation.

If the idea is to build confidence, perhaps that's what Lonnie needs. Murray certainly doesn't. But someone who purports to have as much worldly knowledge as Pop should know better than to assign a player a vapid, shallow book.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really loved Devin Vassell's play. Really excited and happy to have him on the team. I think I am going to love his game. His instincts on defense have me very excited.

Lonnie, really terrible. I hope the guy gets it together as I had very high hopes for him. I just don't know if it's a weak mental game with him or what? He's got the tools, but I don't know if it's just more playing time he needs, or if it's all mental and he can't grasp it, (hopefully it's 'grasp it yet' and not 'never').

Mills, not impressed with his chucking. He's still awful at running an NBA offense. I mean it's the same thing for me in regard to Patty since about 2016 - even if he hits shots, all the other negative stuff he does like being a sieve on defense and being terrible running the point, it just doesn't make up for it IMO. He's just an undersized chucker and even if the shots are going in, he doesn't do much else out there to warrant the court time IMO, and when the shots don't go in, he's just a huge negative. Great guy, but I'd still like him off the team.

Dejounte, I was a huge fan of his potential because of his defense a couple of years ago had me excited for his future, but just not sure about him anymore. I much prefer a confident Derrick White over him any day of the week running the point, and I also prefer Derrick's overall game on offense and defense. Derrick will be starting at PG, right? Also, I am a bit worried, I thought I head Sean or Bill say Derrick had surgery on his toe? If so, was it just a minor thing that won't keep him out too long?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really loved Devin Vassell's play. Really excited and happy to have him on the team. I think I am going to love his game. His instincts on defense have me very excited.

Lonnie, really terrible. I hope the guy gets it together as I had very high hopes for him. I just don't know if it's a weak mental game with him or what? He's got the tools, but I don't know if it's just more playing time he needs, or if it's all mental and he can't grasp it, (hopefully it's 'grasp it yet' and not 'never').

Mills, not impressed with his chucking. He's still awful at running an NBA offense. I mean it's the same thing for me in regard to Patty since about 2016 - even if he hits shots, all the other negative stuff he does like being a sieve on defense and being terrible running the point, it just doesn't make up for it IMO. He's just an undersized chucker and even if the shots are going in, he doesn't do much else out there to warrant the court time IMO, and when the shots don't go in, he's just a huge negative. Great guy, but I'd still like him off the team.

Dejounte, I was a huge fan of his potential because of his defense a couple of years ago had me excited for his future, but just not sure about him anymore. I much prefer a confident Derrick White over him any day of the week running the point, and I also prefer Derrick's overall game on offense and defense. Derrick will be starting at PG, right? Also, I am a bit worried, I thought I head Sean or Bill say Derrick had surgery on his toe? If so, was it just a minor thing that won't keep him out too long?
    The surgery should be the one he did towards the end of the season which seems a bit worrisome as it's been some time. If it's a different one then I would be super worried.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let TJ get them minutes.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Vassell's floor. He has a lot of potential and should be in the ROY discussion.

Luka looked bad and his body language didn't help. He looks like he is constantly thinking about every move instead of playing free.

Thread Information