Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd expect a higher floor and ceiling.
    If your standards are expressed in what you post, I would also expect a higher floor and ceiling, tbh...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. We should have a voucher system which creates compe ion which will rectify the problems in the schools. Otherwise the schools will continue to be trash.
    Still amazing that you were a Bernie supporter. I'm not sure I even believe that was ever the case. Unless you've done nothing but study Republican Talking Points for the past three years, there's no way you were ever a liberal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The goal should be to rectify the problems in the schools, not to move people to better schools.
    Allowing choice would rectify the problems in bad schools is the theory.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does removing the kids who are in more financially capable homes rectify problems in bad schools?

Trickle Down Education?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway back to Biden. It's undoubtedly a stupid thing to say. I would love to have a choice this November that didn't involve choosing from one of two candidates who are prone to saying stupid things but at least one of those candidates appears to be inhostile to the concept of apologizing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only would be true if public schools were private businesses. If the schools are ty because of poor policies in the schools, that can be changed without vouchers. If they are ty because of the students, that's part of a bigger issue. Vouchers won't solve that. It would only make the schools even more broke and have fewer resources.

The solution to starving kids isn't to take away their funding and hope someone changes for the better "The beatings will continue here until the morale improves!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does removing the kids who are in more financially capable homes rectify problems in bad schools?
    At a minimum it allows those kids to get a better education. That's better than the throw more money at it approach which has failed time and again.

Only would be true if public schools were private businesses. If the schools are ty because of poor policies in the schools, that can be changed without vouchers. If they are ty because of the students, that's part of a bigger issue. Vouchers won't solve that. It would only make the schools even more broke and have fewer resources.

The solution to starving kids isn't to take away their funding and hope someone changes for the better "The beatings will continue here until the morale improves!"
    Well your argument is just "The beatings will continue". There is no magic policy, why make good kids suffer the consequences of other kids having ty situations?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a minimum it allows those kids to get a better education. That's better than the throw more money at it approach which has failed time and again.

Well your argument is just "The beatings will continue". There is no magic policy, why make good kids suffer the consequences of other kids having ty situations?
    Why are there good schools outside the compe ive system? What are they doing right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want a model like colleges where 'compe ion' has only driven tuition up, indebted students, and only helps segregate the lower and higher classes more? well, of course you do.
    Not to mention a system like that is just asking for rampant cheating if the system through cheating and putting your thumb on the scale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want a model like colleges where 'compe ion' has only driven tuition up, indebted students, and only helps segregate the lower and higher classes more? well, of course you do.
    Which colleges use a voucher system?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That didn't answer the question, nor did it support your previous statement. Again, how do vouchers help bad schools?

What you're saying here is that kids who get vouchers will be better off. No . Congratulations, you've just registered support for welfare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which colleges use a voucher system?
    They use scholarships, which really is not that different when it comes to an en y subsidizing tuition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's push the reset button. So far most things that have been done to make life better for inner city minorities has not worked. So, what should we do? What is the agreed upon objective? Is it education, opportunity, safety, all of it or something else?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That didn't answer the question, nor did it support your previous statement. Again, how do vouchers help bad schools?

What you're saying here is that kids who get vouchers will be better off. No . Congratulations, you've just registered support for welfare.
    I've always supported welfare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not willing to give up on kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always supported welfare
    Great. Same here. The difference is welfare supports the people at the very bottom. Vouchers help a small percentage at the top of the poverty set and leave the rest (and their schools) in a worse place. It's counterproductive to the idea of helping bad schools.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Same here. The difference is welfare supports the people at the very bottom. Vouchers help a small percentage at the top of the poverty set and leave the rest (and their schools) in a worse place. It's counterproductive to the idea of helping bad schools.
    lol vouchers only help the wealthiest poor people

I'm not willing to give up on kids.
    Let them all suffer equally generation after generation until we find the perfect answer...so noble

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump will get atleast 12 percent of black vote in nov
    Black unemployment is at almost 17% and the Rona is kicking our ass. He will not get more than 2% of the black vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol vouchers only help the wealthiest poor people
    Laugh at semantics if you want but that's how it works. It's like giving food stamps to only the top 30 percentile of the segment who currently qualifies for food stamps.

It's fine if that's really your objective, just own it and don't hide behind a bull "Vouchers help bad schools" hypothetical that you can't support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laugh at semantics if you want but that's how it works. It's like giving food stamps to only the top 30 percentile of the segment who currently qualifies for food stamps.

It's fine if that's really your objective, just own it and don't hide behind a bull "Vouchers help bad schools" hypothetical that you can't support.
    Also goes without saying that 'bad' school is almost always still miles better than no school at all. That's another problem vouchers don't solve.

Starving schools for cash is not how you make them better, it's simply better oversight and leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t owe it to Biden or democrats at all but he definitely owes a vote to the country to save it. Biden is merely the individual one needs to cast a vote for.

Sitting this election out is not an option. Same as voting for the other worse guy.

Trump knows he is not getting the black vote so instead he’s already working to get them to sit it out. It’s cute watching him talk about Democrats not caring about black people as if he does. Lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not ridin' with Biden?

Thread Information