My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

call his ass up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

call his ass up
    Don't see why not, but what might be giving them pause is how well Brantley is playing. Maybe move Brantley or Red to the DH. Since the Stros are rolling, tough to just throw in the there, as rooks sometimes have a tough string of games before they find a groove. Or he could be like Riley for the Braves. Be interesting to see what they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mets @ Dodgers 8-5 late.
    Dodgers where trying to choke off a lead when batter raps a deep fly to right.
    Did you guys see combo of Mets runner who failed to extend the correct arm/hand to be nailed at 3B + the uber slacker runner who tagged up at 3B and strolled home so slowly he failed to cross the plate before the former got nailed at 3B? Unreal.

And I had the Dodger on the last game of a 3 team parlay so I was loving the no score.

Ya mid Jansen is just not the same. Still very good but he has been unclutch many times the past few years. Got away last night but that was with the huge assist from the two Met runners. Not taking away the great throw by right fielder but I mean cmon, bad slide plus slacker runner and it's 8-6 men on 2nd and 3rd. Mets have issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mets @ Dodgers 8-5 late.
    Dodgers where trying to choke off a lead when batter raps a deep fly to right.
    Did you guys see combo of Mets runner who failed to extend the correct arm/hand to be nailed at 3B + the uber slacker runner who tagged up at 3B and strolled home so slowly he failed to cross the plate before the former got nailed at 3B? Unreal.

And I had the Dodger on the last game of a 3 team parlay so I was loving the no score.

Ya mid Jansen is just not the same. Still very good but he has been unclutch many times the past few years. Got away last night but that was with the huge assist from the two Met runners. Not taking away the great throw by right fielder but I mean cmon, bad slide plus slacker runner and it's 8-6 men on 2nd and 3rd. Mets have issues.
    That throw,

https://streamable.com/0ga6n

Yeah, but no excuse for the man on the 3rd to not be turning on the jets. He figured it was a given. Hope the manager chewed his ass out after that.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is why baseball>basketball. If your team scouts and develops right, you can have a "lottery pick/future star" routinely coming to the team. Whereas in the NBA, you have to sit with your tongue out hoping the ping pong balls bounce your way or that one of the league's best 5 players signs with your team. Kawhi's leaving, for instance, set the Spurs back probably a decade or more. Losing Bellinger would hurt, but it's nothing the Dodgers couldn't recover from relatively quickly, since their farm system is always among the best in baseball. Individual players just don't have the same impact in the sport, you can't "force feed" Mike Trout at bats, for instance.
    Yes. There are far more different paths to a MLB le than NBA. When you get a young player with great potential it is an amazing feeling knowing you can pencil them in 125+ times for the next decade. Part of that is great players (not superstars) tend to remain at the same team for a while. In the NBA it seems to be the opposite as superstars are locked in while the 2nd tier guys bounce around. Signing a Trout or Arod doesn't even guarantee you a playoff spot in MLB

The climb out of the MLB gutter feels tougher but once you reach Top 6-8 in each League status you can usually coast for good number of years and are right in the thick with a shot - Astros or Dodgers are not as insurmountable as NBA elite teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers, 5 run comeback . Poor LkrFan and his Mets. We'll give you some Low-A prospects for Alonso. He deserves to play on a contender.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dodgers, 5 run comeback . Poor LkrFan and his Mets. We'll give you some Low-A prospects for Alonso. He deserves to play on a contender.
    Damb. The Mets never fail to disappoint me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sale cant even last 2 full innings anymore. What a sucker.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are blurbs from the e-mail the Angels sent me:

The Angels selected North Carolina State shortstop Will Wilson with the 15th overall pick in the 2019 MLB Draft. The 21-year-old has made his name by barreling balls, showcasing his ability to hit for both power and contact after slashing .335/.425/.661 with 16 homers and 57 RBIs in 2019. He hails from the same school as Nationals standout Trea Turner.

Los Angeles rounded out the first day by selecting another shortstop, Kyren Paris out of Freedom High School (CA). At just 17 years of age, Paris was one of the youngest prospects taken in the opening rounds but is still seen as one of the higher-regarded shortstops. He is projected to develop into a four-tool threat, with his biggest strength being his speed.
    Will Wilson Scouting Report School: North Carolina State (NC)
    Year: Junior
    Birthdate: 07/21/98
    Position: SS
    Bats: R
    Throws: R
    Height: 6' 0"
    Weight: 184 lbs.
    Scouting Report: He has a high floor as a steady up-the-middle defender with surprising power. He has quick hands and deceptive strength that give him at least above-average raw power. A right-handed hitter, he has a knack for putting the barrel on the ball.
    More in depth on their website: https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/will...5-in-mlb-draft

I wonder about the reasoning behind drafting more SS when we starting pitching is something we've needed and we have a competent young SS in place. I'm not saying it's a bad thing in the long run; but this reminds me of my Vikings just never drafting OL (til recently) year after year when that was clearly what Adrian Peterson needed to be super dominant and stop getting met in the backfield. And to say nothing of protecting the QB.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are blurbs from the e-mail the Angels sent me:

More in depth on their website: https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/will...5-in-mlb-draft

I wonder about the reasoning behind drafting more SS when we starting pitching is something we've needed and we have a competent young SS in place. I'm not saying it's a bad thing in the long run; but this reminds me of my Vikings just never drafting OL (til recently) year after year when that was clearly what Adrian Peterson needed to be super dominant and stop getting met in the backfield. And to say nothing of protecting the QB.
    Teams usually draft based on who is the best overall player left rather than need. It's not a big deal, since if you develop him, but don't need him, you can trade him for need, much like the Sox trading Moncada and some other prospects for Sale to White Sox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst defense of all-time maybe. On a side note, Alvarez is getting the Barry Bonds treatment.

https://www.bardown.com/astros-prosp...alks-1.1316236

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams usually draft based on who is the best overall player left rather than need. It's not a big deal, since if you develop him, but don't need him, you can trade him for need, much like the Sox trading Moncada and some other prospects for Sale to White Sox.
    I can live with that as long as they're not skipping SP on thin margins. Trading for young upcoming SP is hard to do. I also assume Angels will be finding some good stuff in rounds 3 and 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I wonder if Moreno / GM are going to do a Hamilton - Ohtani type surprise bank breaker shocker and get Kuechel. Maybe crab stance reliever too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cardiac Craig on Cubbies... I like the short 3 year deal for the much need addition in the BP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long of the Mariners swung away. Big mistake imo.
    Astros 8 Mariners 7 bottom of 14th.
    Based loaded, 3-1 count.

Devenski was clearly cracking up, having walked the bases loaded.

You have to let that go to 3-2 imo.
    mid, Frosty?

Astros relievers phucked me out of sweet Verlander parlay. Still came out + cause I took a 2nd one for ML only.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cardiac Craig on Cubbies... I like the short 3 year deal for the much need addition in the BP.
    No brainer signing.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Long of the Mariners swung away. Big mistake imo.
    Astros 8 Mariners 7 bottom of 14th.
    Based loaded, 3-1 count.

Devenski was clearly cracking up, having walked the bases loaded.

You have to let that go to 3-2 imo.
    mid, Frosty?

Astros relievers phucked me out of sweet Verlander parlay. Still came out + cause I took a 2nd one for ML only.
    With so much scoring and guys really look for "their pitch"

3-anything is usually a good pitch to hit

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Braves acquired their Ace with a Wild Card match high probability

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count