Page 150 of 397 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On the 2021 QBs...

24/7 is hearing that the Texas staff only wants to take one in that class, but Inside Texas wrote this morning that they wouldn't rule out Stone trying to commit to UT if Milroe is in the class before him.

Quote from 24/7:

"I think Milroe is being judged on his merits and ceiling. He’s blown away compe ion at several big college camps, including Alabama."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am lost on these silent commitments, is that 2 we don’t know about? 1 I presume is Van Fillinger
    Here is the breakdown from The Football Brainiacs.

After Fillinger's commitment yesterday, there's aren't any silents out there.

January 19th, 2019 – Jake Majors (2020)
    February 15th, 2019 – Jaylen Garth (2020)
    March 30th, 2019 – Jaden Hullaby (2020)
    June 3rd, 2019 – Ja’Quinden Jackson (2020)
    June 8th, 2019 – Quaydarius Davis (2021)
    June 21st, 2019 – Kitan Crawford (2020)
    June 22nd, 2019 – Lake McRee (2021)
    July 8th, 2019 – Prince Dorbah (2020)
    July 18th, 2019 – Van Fillinger (2020)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Other random notes from Inside Texas today...

-the two big recruitments Ra'Shaad Samples was in charge of before he left for SMU were 2021 RB Camar Wheaton (Garland Lakeview Centennial) and 2021 OL Savion Byrd (Duncanville). They believe Texas is still in great shape there, especially with Byrd because UT already has QB Ja'Quinden Jackson (Duncanville) committed.

-OL Chad Lindberg (League City Clear Creek) is still genuinely conflicted on what he's going to do because although he's been predicted to UT for a long time, he has great relationships with coaches at other schools. He could still make a decision in August before his high school season starts.

-the number on the DL for the 2020 class should be three, and DE Alfred Collins (Bastrop Cedar Creek) will have his spot if he wants it. They aren't ruling out Texas taking four, but they don't think UT will be knocking down the door of DE Princely Umanmielen (Manor) now that Broughton and Fillinger are in.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Samples Dad is the coach at Duncanville. I think he is firmly in the Texas family, so I think we will be in good shape with his players moving forward. Still, I would love to get Samples back. We have two coaches on the offensive side that aren't very strong as recruiters. replacing either would be fantastic. I know Texas can out pay most every school out there for his services.

https://soundcloud.com/inside_texas/...h-justin-wells

Free InsideTexas podcast with Nahlin discussing Broughton, Fillinger, latest rumors, etc... if anyone’s interested.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://soundcloud.com/inside_texas/...h-justin-wells

Free InsideTexas podcast with Nahlin discussing Broughton, Fillinger, latest rumors, etc... if anyone’s interested.
    Cliffs?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FWIW, Inside Texas believes 2021 QB Preston Stone wants to make a January decision.

Broughton:
    Recruiting Broughton mom was vital. Mom is similar to mutha H in how involved she is. Giles was instrumental. Similar to Solomon Thomas with more length. Needs to reshape a little and work on hands.

Van fillinger: (filling-er, not “fill-engine-r”)
    Great culture fit. High upside. Will take a minute to develop his natural abilities but Yancy has a ton to work with.

Collins:
    Texas probably leads by at least a small margin. Will be a good DL class, great with Collins.

Princely U:
    Will take him if he wants in but Fillinger likely took spot. Less likely to recruit if/when Collins commits.

Dorbah:
    will be B-backer. Ossai should be a huge contributor next year and Dorbah will be in that schematic fit in a few years.

CTJr:
    Could play all safety positions (field, boundary, joker). B.J. foster type fit. Texas/Auburn battle. Would be surprised if it’s not UT.

Lindberg:
    Still undecided. Really likes LSU. Been silent lately. Was a lock (silent) at one point but backed off. Don’t assume hes going to end up here. Andrej Karic (https://247sports.com/player/andrej-karic-46050370/) is backup plan. Not big deal bc 21’ is loaded at OL. Texas has done everything they can to get him to commit. Told him they were offering Andrej when chad took trip to UGA. In a good position but staff wants it to end soon. Stressed that Texas has offered him everything and done all they can do and if chad goes elsewhere then he was never coming.

Milroe/Stone:
    Milroe seems to be the guy. Better fit than Stone. He’s number 1 on UF/FSU board. If Milroe is the guy it will happen this week. Decent arm, great legs. Needs mechanics work. Expect to see his ranking to rise senior year. Much higher ceiling.
    Stone has an outstanding arm. Decent mobility. Stone is going to take care of himself in this process. Will only go to a school where the path to Qb1 is very clear.
    (Stones dad seems to want guarantees but Preston prob isn’t good enough to get any from Texas.) His arm is just so special.
    Milroe prob the guy that’s going to keep his head down and get to work where Stone is prob going to need attention.

Odds & Ends:
    Texas has gained momentum but will not get impatient. Staff will stick to their board
    Last edited by Harvey88210; 07-19-2019 at 05:43 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good stuff, thanks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods had a post on 2021 QB Jalen Milroe this evening and basically said he wants to make a decision this summer, and Texas is in a good spot.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Broughton:
    Recruiting Broughton mom was vital. Mom is similar to mutha H in how involved she is. Giles was instrumental. Similar to Solomon Thomas with more length. Needs to reshape a little and work on hands.

Van fillinger: (filling-er, not “fill-engine-r”)
    Great culture fit. High upside. Will take a minute to develop his natural abilities but Yancy has a ton to work with.

Collins:
    Texas probably leads by at least a small margin. Will be a good DL class, great with Collins.

Princely U:
    Will take him if he wants in but Fillinger likely took spot. Less likely to recruit if/when Collins commits.

Dorbah:
    will be B-backer. Ossai should be a huge contributor next year and Dorbah will be in that schematic fit in a few years.

CTJr:
    Could play all safety positions (field, boundary, joker). B.J. foster type fit. Texas/Auburn battle. Would be surprised if it’s not UT.

Lindberg:
    Still undecided. Really likes LSU. Been silent lately. Was a lock (silent) at one point but backed off. Don’t assume hes going to end up here. Andrej Karic (https://247sports.com/player/andrej-karic-46050370/) is backup plan. Not big deal bc 21’ is loaded at OL. Texas has done everything they can to get him to commit. Told him they were offering Andrej when chad took trip to UGA. In a good position but staff wants it to end soon. Stressed that Texas has offered him everything and done all they can do and if chad goes elsewhere then he was never coming.

Milroe/Stone:
    Milroe seems to be the guy. Better fit than Stone. He’s number 1 on UF/FSU board. If Milroe is the guy it will happen this week. Decent arm, great legs. Needs mechanics work. Expect to see his ranking to rise senior year. Much higher ceiling.
    Stone has an outstanding arm. Decent mobility. Stone is going to take care of himself in this process. Will only go to a school where the path to Qb1 is very clear.
    (Stones dad seems to want guarantees but Preston prob isn’t good enough to get any from Texas.) His arm is just so special.
    Milroe prob the guy that’s going to keep his head down and get to work where Stone is prob going to need attention.

Odds & Ends:
    Texas has gained momentum but will not get impatient. Staff will stick to their board
    Nice work.

Thanks for your time.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would add that IT thinks we love Stone’s arm. He can make all the throws so all routes are available for use.
    But that he might not have the same drive as Milroe.

Listened to the pod while falling asleep.

Oh...
    This was basically said above.

I would add that IT thinks we love Stone’s arm. He can make all the throws so all routes are available for use.

Listened to the pod while falling asleep.

Oh...
    This was basically said above.
    Thats what I felt too. Seems like Stone is kind of a kid that’s going to require special attention and expect certain things. IT kinda made it sound as if the kid and his dad may be a handful and weren’t sure if the “juice is worth the squeeze” so to speak.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2021 TE Juan Davis of Everman is receiving some Texas crystal balls.

He was in Austin at the end of June for the big recruiting event.

https://247sports.com/player/juan-davis-46083889/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Collins visiting next weekend per TFB.

2021 TE Juan Davis of Everman is receiving some Texas crystal balls.
    He was in Austin at the end of June for the big recruiting event.
    https://247sports.com/player/juan-davis-46083889/
    TEs can project at different positions so who knows but I wonder how this might affect the McRee commitment

Stone:
    Thats what I felt too. Seems like Stone is kind of a kid that’s going to require special attention and expect certain things. IT kinda made it sound as if the kid and his dad may be a handful and weren’t sure if the “juice is worth the squeeze” so to speak.
    Why does this have a Garrett Gilbert feel to it?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TEs can project at different positions so who knows but I wonder how this might affect the McRee commitment
    Texas wants both and won't take a TE in 2020, so all good.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information