Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offensive game & physique remind me of Kevin Martin
    The physique I agree with. Shooting from everywhere is something both players do, but Kevin Martin was a maestro at drawing fouls. Devin is not so great at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...mpression=true

Great background story written by Devin himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin became the defacto go-to guy during his second year with Florida State. He's not afraid to take the big shot. However, it kind of goes to what I said earlier where he has poor shot selection. Hopefully, it improves. Guess it's better to be trigger happy than gun shy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has Paul George potential, at least he's a Josh Richardson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is solid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? He was always going to be there at 11. Is he saying they were going to trade up to take Vassell? Holy they’ve completely lost it. Wasn’t even the best available player at 11.

The spurs never draft "best player available".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? He was always going to be there at 11. Is he saying they were going to trade up to take Vassell? Holy they’ve completely lost it. Wasn’t even the best available player at 11.
    He's saying they had some proposals to trade down but decided against it when a guy the liked fell to them. That suggests that there was at least one of the top 10 players that had he been there instead, SA would've noped out.

I hope Vassell is good, because I have a feeling SA passed on at least on future first to take him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still needs to bulk up. Has good size, plays a controlled game, has good defensive instincts, has good long range percentages. Good pick at #11.

The sad part about the Spurs is that he might be the player with the highest upside!

Spurs don't have an elite player in their roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still needs to bulk up. Has good size, plays a controlled game, has good defensive instincts, has good long range percentages. Good pick at #11.

The sad part about the Spurs is that he might be the player with the highest upside!

Spurs don't have an elite player in their roster.
    you must of forget about Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Team draft board is divided by tiers, no reason to move up to a draft position when a player from that tier your targeting is going to fall to your pick. Also i guess that Hali and Vassell are on the same tier so if both players are available they go with fit. He somewhat explains it in his interview :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Team draft board is divided by tiers, no reason to move up to a draft position when a player from that tier your targeting is going to fall to your pick. Also i guess that Hali and Vassell are on the same tier so if both players are available they go with fit. He somewhat explains it in his interview :

Yes saw the interview. He basically reenforces what I said. Looking to trade up but didn’t have to when Vassell fell to them. That implies that they thought he’d go earlier and they were thinking about moving up to get him. Vassell was always a late lottery player so it should surprise no one that he was still available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes saw the interview. He basically reenforces what I said. Looking to trade up but didn’t have to when Vassell fell to them. That implies that they thought he’d go earlier and they were thinking about moving up to get him. Vassell was always a late lottery player so it should surprise no one that he was still available.
    That's not totally true, he was for a long time a top 10 pick more 8-10 range and a lot of mocks have him to the spurs at 11. Like Haliburton he was a player likely available at 11 but nothing sure.
    We don't talk of achiuwa or smith or cole anthony who were late /outside lottery pick for a lot of mocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not true bud, he was mocked 8-10 for a long while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes just make up stuff.....alternative facts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chinook was right , he never said they were thinking to move up for him it was to stay put or move down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not true bud, he was mocked 8-10 for a long while.
    Tankathon had him at 12, cbs sports had him at 11, nbc sports had him at 11, nba.com had him at 12, breacher report had him at 11, ESPN had him at 11

no need at all to think you needed to trade up to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes just make up stuff.....alternative facts.
    I know lots of alternative facts out there

Tankathon had him at 12, cbs sports had him at 11, nbc sports had him at 11, nba.com had him at 12, breacher report had him at 11, ESPN had him at 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon had him at 12, cbs sports had him at 11, nbc sports had him at 11, nba.com had him at 12, breached report had him at 11, ESPN had him at 11

I was following Tankathon everyday

Three or four days before the draft they had him go 8th or 9th.

These mock drafts get updated so much. You should use the internet back track site to check out what they had a week or two before the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know lots of alternative facts out there

Here's the website:

https://archive.org/web/

You just paste their link and choose a date.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was following Tankathon everyday

Three or four days before the draft they had him go 8th or 9th.

These mock drafts get updated so much. You should use the internet back track site to check out what they had a week or two before the draft.
    I can confirm that. Vassell was the 11th in a lot of mocks just this week. He was more 8-10 before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he was not a player I would have targeted in a trade up to get in this draft was pretty sure he would have fallen 10 to 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6:40 basically sums up Jeff McDonald as a beat reporter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stuff happens�� Deni a. wasn’t supposed to go 9, Williams not 4, Hays was dropping etc..... we got two (2) great defensive players to replace two (2) bad players that play the same positions! What’s your beef?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not bad, could be worse

a lil bit pissed off that jalen went one spot before spurs

Thread Information